2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

What a hell was happening with Mclaren??? In Q1 they took the wrong tyre, than again in Q2 and again in Q3 :evil:
In Q1 when it was obvious that it was for inters, they came out on full wets :x Only to waste time to came back in the pits :x
They may gabled on a full dry set-up like they did in Brazil last yeat... hopefully.. [-o<

just-right
just-right

Quite an impressive effort from Nico Hulkenberg, although I was expecting him to maybe be a nother one or two places up.

iotar__

- another Bottas (+Massa) carving through the field race if it's dry, their pace/degradation didn't look that great but engine should be enough.
- about Vettel losing places at the start, I thought that about DR and it didn't happen, RB-Renault are not bad at it, if they play with sensors again, black flag them and 10 places next race for sport's disrepute
- maybe some Ham-Rosb fight with team orders will save us from another snoozefest, even wet qualifying was boring

Juzh

iotar__ wrote: - about Vettel losing places at the start, I thought that about DR and it didn't happen, RB-Renault are not bad at it, if they play with sensors again, black flag them and 10 places next race for sport's disrepute
Can't be black flagged on technical grounds. Can only be on sporting.

ringo

I think these torquier cars are now imune to gravel traps.
Gone are the days when cars get stuck in gravel because the wheels spin up too much to access the power to get out.
Magnussen showed that today. :lol:
For Sure!!

AfroDude41
AfroDude41

Pole Lap from Lewis Hamilton

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqhHHpauqAw[/youtube]

Chene

iotar__ wrote:- another Bottas (+Massa) carving through the field race if it's dry, their pace/degradation didn't look that great but engine should be enough.
- about Vettel losing places at the start, I thought that about DR and it didn't happen, RB-Renault are not bad at it, if they play with sensors again, black flag them and 10 places next race for sport's disrepute
- maybe some Ham-Rosb fight with team orders will save us from another snoozefest, even wet qualifying was boring
iotar you are the Tonya Harding of F1, You would rather have incompetent stewards break RB's knee to ensure your team wins, than to loose against the best.
All these nice people saying I'm going to be world champion won't make me any faster, you have to believe it yourself. - Sebastian Vettel

Shrieker

AfroDude41 wrote:Pole Lap from Lewis Hamilton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqhHHpauqAw
Thanks a lot :wink: Very tidy lap given the conditions, I'd love to see Vettel's lap too for comparison.

Just saw on the 720p version that the left glove is carrying a watch sticker lol. Capitalism...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Traction

Great job by Hamilton and a really great job by Seb to get the RB to where it is. Seb reckoned there were a couple sections that he could improve on around the track so it's a pity he missed another shot at the end to set a flying lap. In saying that Lewis also missed out at another shot albeit it because of a driver error.(stand corrected). Pity, it could have been a great shoot out...
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

Anon123
Anon123

According to the f1.com sector times Hamilton could have went much quicker but I don't know if they take Q2 and Q1 sector times into account.

SMRr
SMRr

I cant stop smiling from the last tread when some one told Riciardo was so much better and Vettle was done as a race driver, he didnt understand that vettels cars was broken in Aus, and everytime someone tried to point that out everbody was wrong

:D

Chene

Anon123 wrote:According to f1.com sector times Hamilton could have went much quicker but I don't know if they take Q2 and Q1 sector times into account.
Yes. Could have, would have, should have like always...
If you take Seb's best times from the last 10 races and add it to the first half of the 2013 season, he could have won all the races...
All these nice people saying I'm going to be world champion won't make me any faster, you have to believe it yourself. - Sebastian Vettel

Juzh

Anon123 wrote:According to the f1.com sector times Hamilton could have went much quicker but I don't know if they take Q2 and Q1 sector times into account.
All sessions are included.

ringo

I wouldn't draw much from a wet qualifying. Vettel can still get some whoopings from Riciardo. And i'm looking forward to it!
Unlike KMag embarrassing button, i think Ric and Vettel are shaping up to be a nice driver head to head.

I like how the ferrari is driving at this circuit. It showing it's winter testing form again. It's very likely that Alonso finds the podium, depending on how Mercedes do with tyre management.
As for Vettel and redbull.. i think they can win this race.. The car has the best aero clearly. Maybe he wont be able to overtake a mercedes, but if the degradation is good and lap times are good, he can get past in the pits.
For Sure!!

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

ringo wrote:I wouldn't draw much from a wet qualifying. Vettel can still get some whoopings from Riciardo. And i'm looking forward to it!
Unlike KMag embarrassing button, i think Ric and Vettel are shaping up to be a nice driver head to head.
Eh? In Australia when both had functioning cars Vettel was comfortably quicker than Ricciardo (0.2-0.3) as he has been all weekend in Sepang.
Shrieker wrote: Just saw on the 720p version that the left glove is carrying a watch sticker lol. Capitalism...
They had that last season as well.