2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
KingHamilton01

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

mix2mix wrote:I think, does not matter, wet or dry start tomorrow, after two laps merc will say "bye-bye!" to all
If it is wet I disagree as redbull has shown a good turn of pace in those condition's, plus if it is really bad rain anybody can bin it into the wall or off into the gravel, lottery in the wet, if it is dry Mercedes will be favourite. Disappointed in McLaren today, think they should be doing more to beat the likes of Force india, putting Button onto the wrong tire was a shocking decision.

Hopefully McLaren can show something in the race, because they have been less than impressive so far for me.
McLaren Mercedes

univex
univex

Multi21 wrote:
Chene wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Incredible job by Vettel as expected. The guys a machine.

1.1 seconds faster than his teammate.
He shows us Why he is 4X... Only Schuy and Fangio ahead of him.
Remember the rb7 or the rb9 after Hungary? The machine's machinery helped him at times to seem as amazing as some people think.
Not convinced yet, watching the tracker in qualifying Ric didn't leave enough gap in front during his key run(s) and caught VER at the start of S3. RIC eluded to this in his comments when he owned up to some learning needed on timings when being in a top flight team.

myurr
myurr

KingHamilton01 wrote:
mix2mix wrote:I think, does not matter, wet or dry start tomorrow, after two laps merc will say "bye-bye!" to all
If it is wet I disagree as redbull has shown a good turn of pace in those condition's, plus if it is really bad rain anybody can bin it into the wall or off into the gravel, lottery in the wet, if it is dry Mercedes will be favourite. Disappointed in McLaren today, think they should be doing more to beat the likes of Force india, putting Button onto the wrong tire was a shocking decision.

Hopefully McLaren can show something in the race, because they have been less than impressive so far for me.
If dry then Merc will have 1+ seconds over the field and will control pace, presuming a clean getaway. In the wet it may well be closer but I still expect Merc to have 3 - 4 tenths over the field as they did through Q1 and Q2.

Chuckjr

Whet conditions will put the whole race into chaos--driver mistakes, red flags at inopportunistic and opportunistic moments will shuffle the field entirely. Even a car with a 1 second advantage is no match for chance & fate mixed with rain. With the rain coming tomorrow, it's anybody's race. Remember Monaco 1996...
Watching F1 since 1986.

Powershift

weather update/report?
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

mikeerfol

I heard on Sky they're expecting rain 1 hour after the race start.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Powershift wrote:weather update/report?
This is Malaysia. The best we can do is that there's a ~50% chance of rain at some point in the race.

Whether it'll happen, and when, no body knows. Even the teams can get this wrong in Malaysia only 1 minute before the clouds burst, because clouds can come out of nowhere here.

atanatizante

Interesting to know how has a gambled for a dry race and how for a wet race ...

We could see that RB are at the bottom of the speed traps and Lewis is 11km/h faster than Vettel even without DRS open !!

And last but not least it worth to mention Fred`s result in Qualy when he said afterwards that his left steering arm was damaged and having to compensate each corner in order to stay clean on the track!
Add that to a herculean job to stay on the road with such a torqy car in the wet it`s kinda impressive stuff, isn`t it?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Kiril Varbanov

I'm getting a note from FOM people that today there will be new graphics on the global TV feed showing ERS usage and fuel loads.

Shrieker

Herbert and Hill's reenactment of Seb and Mark's multi 21 shambles was hilarious lol.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

beelsebob
beelsebob

Shrieker wrote:Herbert and Hill's reenactment of Seb and Mark's multi 21 shambles was hilarious lol.
Honestly, I thought it was painful. They're trying to pretend to be Eddie and David, but failing.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Oh dear, I just noticed, we have a nuclear row 7. Both crashers in one row, in the mid field. Guaranteed a crash into turn 1?

mikeerfol

Especially if the Renault-engined cars struggle off the line, there will be a crash in Turn 1 I think.

el-Magico
el-Magico

SUMMER.. SUMMER.. SUMMERTIME!! :mrgreen:
It almost tricked me.. Also the count down at the site of James Allen on F1 is incorrect..
Pfff, luckely my cat woke me up :lol:
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

Chene

Good day fellow posters, I hope we get a clean start, No software glitches, faulty sensors, non spinning turbo's, overheating ES', Broken MGU-K's and no mid field collisions.
All these nice people saying I'm going to be world champion won't make me any faster, you have to believe it yourself. - Sebastian Vettel