2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
gray41

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

What lap did Mercedes turn the engine down?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Bomber_Pilot

beelsebob wrote:
max_speed wrote:this year championship is in mercedes hand but i am convinced redbull gonna pull off something from their basket and will make it hard for them..so disappointed with ferrari another dog from the stable they don't produce horses anymore..they r done for this year too.
Indeed, as soon as RBR has their software sorted, that car is going to be a beast. The car clearly has an enormous amount of downforce compared to the others.
As far as Ferrari is concerned, they are supposedly bringing some significant pu upgrades to Bahrain (software wise, which should increase their power output quite a bit and improve the energy harvesting and bbw), so lets see what happens there. And as for RB, that car is in a league of its own (chasis and downforce wise). As soon as they get their PU gremlins sorted out, they are gone. Merc need to capitalise on their current advantage as much as they can, because we might be seeing a repeat of the second part of last season.

Andthen01
Andthen01

Would nice to see fuel used % in the live timing. They clearly have the real time data

Harsha
Harsha

zeph wrote:Yeah, but RBR really has the development game on lockdown. They are always better in the second half of the season. If they're this strong already, I fully expect them to be back on top by mid-season.
I think its mostly depended on Renault than RBR.
We may see more updated pace of RBR at Bahrain too if Renault fixed a bit more, But i believe Merc will be the fastest car until 1st part of the season From 2nd Part they will be even-Stevens with RBR

Helios

Hamilton's first hattrick since China 2008. And his first ever win at Malaysia. Yehaaa! :D

Sevach
Sevach

Harsha wrote:
zeph wrote:Yeah, but RBR really has the development game on lockdown. They are always better in the second half of the season. If they're this strong already, I fully expect them to be back on top by mid-season.
We may see more updated pace of RBR at Bahrain too if Renault fixed a bit more, But i believe Merc will be the fastest car until 1st part of the season From 2nd Part they will be even-Stevens with RBR
I agree, although Red Bull is much better than people anticipated the difference is still quite big.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Ferrari fans a big disappointment. What would they have done with Alonso?

Chene

Bernie's "rain on demand" idea might become the saving grace of the Prius racing series.
All these nice people saying I'm going to be world champion won't make me any faster, you have to believe it yourself. - Sebastian Vettel

max_speed
max_speed

Bomber_Pilot wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
max_speed wrote:this year championship is in mercedes hand but i am convinced redbull gonna pull off something from their basket and will make it hard for them..so disappointed with ferrari another dog from the stable they don't produce horses anymore..they r done for this year too.
Indeed, as soon as RBR has their software sorted, that car is going to be a beast. The car clearly has an enormous amount of downforce compared to the others.
As far as Ferrari is concerned, they are supposedly bringing some significant pu upgrades to Bahrain (software wise, which should increase their power output quite a bit and improve the energy harvesting and bbw), so lets see what happens there. And as for RB, that car is in a league of its own (chasis and downforce wise). As soon as they get their PU gremlins sorted out, they are gone. Merc need to capitalise on their current advantage as much as they can, because we might be seeing a repeat of the second part of last season.
i share your optimism as an ardent fan but practicality slaps me. i dnt think it is going to happen.it would be hard to keep tifosi quiet.i derive optimism from fact tht aliision is not in lime light and hope would be working hard behind the scenes to fix the issue. this year does not look bad in corners but lacks power and delivery.this car is lacking in power to mercedes and in downforce. i hope ferrari put f14T into championship mix. it would be great to see fight among hamilton,rosberg,vettel , alonso and raikonen

Harsha
Harsha

Sevach wrote:
Harsha wrote:
I agree, although Red Bull is much better than people anticipated the difference is still quite big.
But its like a Car that is Completely optimized vs an un -optimized car That's why we are seeing this much difference
we clearly dont know how the Engine works and Whats its true strength at all. But one thing is for sure Get rid of Engine problems we may see RBR battling Merc toe and toe or may be Over power them

wickedz50
wickedz50

Forget the dog and the horses, let them first kick that Dominicali out and get either Ross or Briatore

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

Chene wrote:Bernie's "rain on demand" idea might become the saving grace of the Prius racing series.
What's the problem? Vettel no longer cruising so you're upset?

stuartpengs

That race has left me feeling decidedly uneasy about F1 remaining the pinnacle of motor racing. The technological 'race' has now surpassed the actual racing and it left me feeling a little empty. I'm actually looking forward to the BTCC to see some actual racing now.

Sorry guys, that's just how I feel after that. Well done Lewis and Mercedes.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Hasn't anyone been disqualified yet?
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

gray41

What a car.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***