2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Powershift

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

fets81 wrote:
Chene wrote:The new breed of Motor sport followers... I want to see who is the most economical.
My late dad got me watching F1 and he will be turning in his grave. sad, sad indeed.
We should also measure their Co2 and Nox emissions and penalise the offending drivers.
feel free to pick up another sport & register on their forums & annoy the crap out of them with your posts instead then....honestly...we don't mind
+1, please go away "chene", you add nothing to this forum
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

Poleman

Chene wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
Andthen01 wrote:Would nice to see fuel used % in the live timing. They clearly have the real time data
Exactly what I was thinking
The new breed of Motor sport followers... I want to see who is the most economical.
My late dad got me watching F1 and he will be turning in his grave. sad, sad indeed.
We should also measure their Co2 and Nox emissions and penalise the offending drivers.
Things change,life changes...Some like it some don't.These are the current rules for F1,we ourselves live under the rules...You don't like it-just don't watch F1...You don't like living life under rules-commit suicide.Im not directing this personally to you Chene don't get me wrong,i even miss my childhood years rather than this "Playstation" generation. Same with motorsport,old dogs will be nostalgic of the past days but my lil cousins who watch F1 for the first time at 12 years old they find it exciting same way i did back in the time.Its just evolution,it always have been.

siskue2005

RicerDude wrote: Hamiltons' first grand slam?
beelsebob wrote:
RicerDude wrote:
beelsebob wrote: Nope, he came out behind Hulk after the first pits.
But he passed him before he completed the next lap.
Still, he didn't lead at every point during the race.
Yes he did lead every lap, coz the lap Lewis pitted he was leading ( coz the start finish is behind the merc garage) and then he was overtaken while he was trundling down the pit lane, And the next lap he came around he was leading again when he overtook Hulk on track

Grand slam is leading every LAP not every corner

muz
muz

Ricardo given 10 place penalty. Seems all marks luck has been passed over

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Nico's Petronas comments where a bit eehhh.... cringeworthy to say the least..
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

markn93

Will Buxton ‏@willbuxton 37s
Funny chat with @LewisHamilton. Asked him how much he'd held back given how good his fuel rate was.

"WHAT? You guys can see that? Oh man"

:D

LionKing
LionKing

Drive through/10 sec etc... in the race is fine for unsafe release but what is the 10 grid penalty for?

Caerdroia
Caerdroia

LionKing wrote:Drive through/10 sec etc... in the race is fine for unsafe release but what is the 10 grid penalty for?
Also for the unsafe release. It's a new rule for this season. An unsafe release is now a guaranteed 10 place grid penalty + an in-race penalty if the car is still running:
c) If a car is deemed to have been released in an unsafe condition during a race the driver
concerned will receive a ten grid place penalty at the driver’s next Event. However, if
any car released in an unsafe condition is able to resume the race a penalty under
Article 16.3(c) will also be imposed on the driver concerned.

FoxHound

Chene,

You see 2 races and call judgement on an era?
A surprise you watch F1 at all.
JET set

LionKing
LionKing

I guess that is "cruel and unusual punishment" :)

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

The penalty given for an unsafe release is ridicilously brutal.

FoxHound

You recall the last 4 years of tyre conservation?

And before that the 5 years of Ferrari domination that led to procession after procession.
Or the williams days of lapping opponents that make the podium?

These are still nimble race cars. Let the formula take hold and let it develop in its own time.
If you don't like it now, then be patient.

You've made your opinion very clear, now try add some patience to this expression.

@el-magico
You are in for a very long season....
JET set

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

The exciting part was seeing how Lewis and Nico would go head to head. We saw what the outcome was if they both finished this race. We where robbed of that in the last race.
muz wrote:Ricardo given 10 place penalty. Seems all marks luck has been passed over
Man thats real bad for him. He inherits Mak Wibba's luck. #-o
Last edited by Emerson.F on 30 Mar 2014, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

Snoozefest.

Ferraripilot

Nico really didn't have a good setup on those tires, he seemed to get comfortable with them by about the last 15 laps though. Great victory for Lewis and Mercedes, really fabulous and well deserved as it was a long time coming. Red Bull don't know what's hit them