Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
iHpled
iHpled

Re: Ferrari F14T

Did someone noticed too that the Ferraris were struggling the first lap, especially at the start and the first couple of corners, it looked like there was no power..?

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

Re: AW: Ferrari F14T

iHpled wrote:Did someone noticed too that the Ferraris were struggling the first lap, especially at the start and the first couple of corners, it looked like there was no power..?
yea i noticed it too, it was strange

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

Exactly, off the line it was obvious that they were just lacking power. It was like the engine is coughing trying to give its best. For now it seems a good starting red car we have seen in recent years, especially in the hands of Alonso, is gone.

On the general performance of the car, it is not hopeless but we have to make accurate and very beneficial upgrades and changes on the car. Hope we will see the F14T faster and faster.

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

I have a stupid question, can ferrari change the pull rod during inseason?

Thanks

Pierce89

heidenreich27 wrote:I have a stupid question, can ferrari change the pull rod during inseason?

Thanks
Yes but why would they want to? The front suspension won't give them any horsepower or help their forward traction.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Bomber_Pilot

heidenreich27 wrote:I have a stupid question, can ferrari change the pull rod during inseason?

Thanks
Why would they?

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

Bomber_Pilot wrote:

Thanks
Why would they?
I was just asking, because suspension changes could improve traction.

timbo
timbo

heidenreich27 wrote:
Bomber_Pilot wrote:

Thanks
Why would they?
I was just asking, because suspension changes could improve traction.
Changes to front suspension would do very little to traction.
C'mon. Didn't we drop the issue last year? They don't have problems because of suspension.

Bomber_Pilot

I used to find it funny, how front pull rod was to blame for everything. Now it's just annoying.

Javert

I may say the most obvious thing on earth, but they have to switch to a penis nose to move downforce to the rear!

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

timbo wrote:
Jersey Tom wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Good look at the rear suspension of the F14 T.

http://www.omnicorse.it/img/articoli/ev ... niball.jpg
Never realized how high those rear lower control arms are. That's interesting!
They are aligned with the driveshaft on most if not all cars this year.
Are there any direct implications of that on suspension performance?
Direct? I'd say no. Indirectly probably makes it a bit more difficult to manage compliance, but nothing insurmountable.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Javert wrote:I may say the most obvious thing on earth, but they have to switch to a penis nose to move downforce to the rear!
Why do you believe that a penis nose would do that?

timbo
timbo

Javert wrote:I may say the most obvious thing on earth, but they have to switch to a penis nose to move downforce to the rear!
If they thought they need more rear DF they'd at least put a monkey-seat.

Javert

beelsebob wrote:
Because their ultra-high chassis can manage a wonderful amount of air which is hampered by their 135mm height nose
(the single penis can be kept at 180mm). The idea behind 2012 and 2013 front pull rod was to have the greatest amount of air possible .. with 135mm height nose it's pointless imho
timbo wrote:
If they thought they need more rear DF they'd at least put a monkey-seat.
Well monkey seat adds drag in a considerable way. With high nose they could achieve greater diffuser downforce, which is less draggy

beelsebob
beelsebob

Javert wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
Because their ultra-high chassis can manage a wonderful amount of air which is hampered by their 135mm height nose
(the single penis can be kept at 180mm). The idea behind 2012 and 2013 front pull rod was to have the greatest amount of air possible .. with 135mm height nose it's pointless imho
What makes you believe that you can tell with the naked eye, how much air gets under the nose of the Ferrari compared to any other design of nose? Not only that, but figure that out better than a bunch of trained aerodynamicists at Ferrari can with actual real tools and modelling?