Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Pierce89

Re: Ferrari F14T

zioture wrote:My video of how it could be the nose Ferrari developed on the basis of the old and that seen on the Mercedes W05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja_oTLySR0Y
http://www.newsf1.it/wp-content/uploads ... o-F14t.jpg
Sure looks a hell of a lot better. I hope they do something along these line.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

outsid3r

Redragon wrote:Spanish press reporting that the increase on speed on the straights is because of a new rear wing introduced on china.
And for spain the nose will be shorter and higher and some changes on the engine to improve the electric side.

Here is the link, sorry I can't get the google translate link as I am spanish, but if you open with google chrome will do automatically

http://www.marca.com/2014/04/23/motor/f ... 41748.html

Here you go :)

Ferrari is making changes to his car to get to catch up with the Mercedes. After the podium made ​​by Fernando Alonso for the 'Scuderia' in the GP of China , I follow the changes in the F14-T for the GP of Spain.
As reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italian team hopes to get closer to Mercedes start to the season after a somewhat complicated. Members of Ferrari are optimistic due to better performance of F14-T in China, and continued improvement Montmeló.
The improvements come taken by the same engineer that developed for the Chinese GP, James Allison, and would consist of different aspects as reported by the Italian newspaper.
In Shanghai, the F14-T won a high speed with a profile of the rear wing worked best in a straight line, especially with the DRS; and also improved the tensile load due to some new parts as front brake conduits.
Regarding the body, in Montmeló, the car incorporated a backward and high nose which should favor the aerodynamics and also lead an evolution in its engine, which would harmonize the relationship with electronics.
Also, tired of criticism for their poor performance Räikkönen at the start of the season, Ferrari will try that electronics is 'softer' for the Finn, trying to accommodate your F14-T restilo pilot.

Vanja #66

I think this was expected, though I'd be surprised if they completely abandon curved (elliptical) nose cross-section and go with nearly rectangular Mercedes one...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

konstantin
konstantin

Kiril Varbanov

Don't get me wrong, but can you care more to elaborate on this post, e.g. why is it interesting, what do we need to look at and stuff like that. Posting a single image doesn't contribute to the quality of the thread and to the forum overall.

blokkie
blokkie

Kiril Varbanov wrote:
Don't get me wrong, but can you care more to elaborate on this post, e.g. why is it interesting, what do we need to look at and stuff like that. Posting a single image doesn't contribute to the quality of the thread and to the forum overall.
+1
I also get anoyed by single image posts . I can understand the image posts for each team during a race without actual explication but that totaly diffirent.
Here .. nothing ..

I hope future posts like this will get downvoted

f1316
f1316

Kiril Varbanov wrote:
Seems a little harsh. I would say it's fairly clear that what he's trying to show is how the Ferrari would look with the Mercedes nose. Since the vast majority of the discussion here is based on a superficial analysis of pictures, I'd say creating an image such as this is useful as a means of provoking a debate on if/why this solution would/wouldn't work.

Not meaning to be critical either, but personally I respond well to visual stimulae :)

I would however reiterate an earlier comment that Ferrari are unlikely to drop their curved edged shape of nose, simply because it would, you imagine, alter the type of flow down stream.

turbof1

f1316 wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:
Seems a little harsh. I would say it's fairly clear that what he's trying to show is how the Ferrari would look with the Mercedes nose. Since the vast majority of the discussion here is based on a superficial analysis of pictures, I'd say creating an image such as this is useful as a means of provoking a debate on if/why this solution would/wouldn't work.

Not meaning to be critical either, but personally I respond well to visual stimulae :)

I would however reiterate an earlier comment that Ferrari are unlikely to drop their curved edged shape of nose, simply because it would, you imagine, alter the type of flow down stream.
They can finetune that; an increase in height doesn't necessarily needs to be a big game changer. As long as you get your vortices, especially the Y250 one, right it's very doable.

The biggest issue: it doesn't make a lot of difference, and is awfully difficult to get through the crash tests, as evident by the attempts of mercedes. Perhaps Ferrari is better off allocating resources in different areas.
#AeroFrodo

mcjamweasel

blokkie wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:
+1
I also get anoyed by single image posts . I can understand the image posts for each team during a race without actual explication but that totaly diffirent.
Here .. nothing ..

Single image posts are better than double-figure image posts with 4 shots of the same part from virtually the same angle...

konstantin
konstantin

blokkie wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:
+1
Here .. nothing ..

Guys, I disturbing you something? i don't wanna posting my thoughts in text, because my english not good. this picture show like merc look nose, as you understand. and i can't say nothing more. sorry for that, i broke so many ethic rules with one picture, whish doesn't posting before. i don't think it's very big problem guys, but you can downvote me indefinitely

monsi
monsi

Thanks for posting Konstantin. Nobody minds broken English, so many here have it as a second or third language. I find it helps if the post can point out the visual feature to be discussed.

Pilatus

From my point of view, primary development area for Ferrari should be PU, not aero.

And proper PU upgrade (whether if it's engine control software, ICE/MGU-K/MGU-H/ES integration, or something else) will be more beneficial than (slight) aero iterations.

Because FIAT straightline performances are apsolutely unsatisfactory, and I don't believe that it can be fixed (just) with aero tweaks.
Last edited by Pilatus on 24 Apr 2014, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

I posted a previous admonition about Helmut bashing, so I've just been deleting posts that continue to bash bash him, even if they have something else in them. I'm also going to delete most of the hypothetical "it could be this kind of nose" posts. When a new nose becomes a reality, it can be discussed here. Saying "it could be this" or "it could be that" adds nothing to the technical discussion. I also moved the talk about fuel octane to the 2009-2015 regulations thread. http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=5669

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

Ringo and B'bob: please don't turn the 14T thread into yet another nose design debate. I've moved your posts into the 2014 Design Thread.

Italiano
Italiano

blokkie wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:
+1
Here .. nothing ..

The picture is much more interesting and is a good point to start a convo. Your post on the other hand offers nothing and is frankly a shitheap.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules