2014 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
thomin

Re: 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring

atanatizante wrote:Now Toto Wolf said RTL that Lewis has a new engine and he has a dry setup coz its the same thing ?!?
He didn't say what setup Lewis is on. You have to listen carefully to the language used. He said that he doesn't think that Lewis' garage would take the risk and go for a wet setup. That's not saying much. However, with the weather report as it is, a dry setup would indeed appear to be more likely, or depending on how fast they expect the track to dry, maybe some sort of compromise, so that Lewis can carve through the field in the beginning while still being competitive in the dry.

henra
henra

thomin wrote:On German TV it was reported that their latest weather report says that no more rain will come down...so a wet setup would be risky after all. How the race unfolds will all depend on how fast the track dries.
His most important Task is to safely collect as many points as possible. Making a risky setup would be stupid. Tiny chance of scoring a few extra points, big risk of throwing away important points. You can do such stuff if you are a backmarker hoping for the big one off opportunity but not in a title fight. He has to play it conservatively. Agressive in driving but conservative in Setup/strategy.

mikeerfol

Horner says rain in 30 minutes.

Waywardism
Waywardism

Please, Charlie Whiting, whatever happens weather-wise, just let them race.

Shrieker

The track is drying and there's a good chance every1 will start on inters and still there'll be a sc start.

I wonder whether Hamilton will bolt on softs at the start :) This track dries very quickly and one or two laps with the sc leading might be worth a shot starting on softs when every1 else is on inters.
Last edited by Shrieker on 27 Jul 2014, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

atanatizante

thomin wrote:
atanatizante wrote:Now Toto Wolf said RTL that Lewis has a new engine and he has a dry setup coz its the same thing ?!?
He didn't say what setup Lewis is on. You have to listen carefully to the language used. He said that he doesn't think that Lewis' garage would take the risk and go for a wet setup. That's not saying much. However, with the weather report as it is, a dry setup would indeed appear to be more likely, or depending on how fast they expect the track to dry, maybe some sort of compromise, so that Lewis can carve through the field in the beginning while still being competitive in the dry.
Yeah you're right but I think they'd at least sacrifice his top speed a bit in order to have a little bit more DF, don't you think?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

basti313
basti313

Shrieker wrote:The track is drying and there's a good chance every1 will start on inters and still there'll be a sc start.

I wonder whether Hamilton will bolt on softs at the start :)
If they start behind SC he can not use Slicks...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Shrieker

Looks like it won't be a sc start after all. Thanks for the heads up anyway !
Last edited by Shrieker on 27 Jul 2014, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

thomin

atanatizante wrote:
thomin wrote:
Yeah you're right but I think they'd at least sacrifice his top speed a bit in order to have a little bit more DF, don't you think?
It really depends on their weather report. In Hungary, it could be lethal to sacrifice top speed (or rather acceleration) if it stays dry. On the other hand, if more rain is coming, more DF could be vital.

SectorOne

They are already maxed on downforce i´m sure.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

oT v1
oT v1

Should be a good race :D I just hope the Williams get through the first lap in a decent position. Although i cant see a reason why they should start behind a SC, if thats the case then they should just stop taking Wets and Inters around the world and save some money...
The Power of Dreams

atanatizante

thomin wrote: It really depends on their weather report. In Hungary, it could be lethal to sacrifice top speed (or rather acceleration) if it stays dry. On the other hand, if more rain is coming, more DF could be vital.
I think he will go for a pass in turn 4, after an outside turn 2 and inside turn 3 like he did with Webber last year ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Waywardism
Waywardism

basti313 wrote:
Shrieker wrote:The track is drying and there's a good chance every1 will start on inters and still there'll be a sc start.

Is that an actual rule?

basti313
basti313

Waywardism wrote:
basti313 wrote:

Is that an actual rule?
I think the rule says even full wets mandatory.

But now half of the track is dry....early pitstops will help Ham for sure.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Juzh

bottas is --- slow. Playing wonderfully in rosbergs hands.