2014 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring

Arterius wrote:
RZS10 wrote:
are two REALLY different things, don't you think?
Yes they are different situations and circumstances but a team order is a team order and must be obeyed at all times. As a driver you do not get to choose which order to follow and which to ignore from your boss. They have a better overview of the situation and what is best overall.

The team has not shown any signs of superior knowledge
201 105 104 9 9 7

Arterius
Arterius

dans79 wrote:
Arterius wrote:
RZS10 wrote:
Yes they are different situations and circumstances but a team order is a team order and must be obeyed at all times. As a driver you do not get to choose which order to follow and which to ignore from your boss. They have a better overview of the situation and what is best overall.

The team has not shown any signs of superior knowledge
Still doesn't give the driver the right to choose which orders to obey.
Just because he is Hamilton does not mean he can do what he wants. He is a driver for the Mercedes Team and as such has to follow the orders that are given to him by the team. How is that concept so hard to understand for the members of this forum???

f1-neil
f1-neil

Arterius wrote:
RZS10 wrote:
Even when every person watching know that to go onto options was correct and the primes was the wrong strategy?

I can't say I trust there view

SectorOne

Arterius wrote:Just because he is Hamilton does not mean he can do what he wants. He is a driver for the Mercedes Team and as such has to follow the orders that are given to him by the team. How is that concept so hard to understand for the members of this forum???
The team order was a mistake by the team.
Williams is the last team i remember that pulled the same mistake although you can argue on that one since they were not fighting for a championship.
Last edited by SectorOne on 27 Jul 2014, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

prince wrote:You cannot call that as an embarrassing situation.
you can.

gray41

Some amazing drives up and down the field, so glad Lewis didn't let Nico past as he would have lost about 5 points to Nico who would have probably finished 2nd.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Arterius
Arterius

SectorOne wrote: The team order was a mistake by the team.
So f*****g what? It still does not give the driver the right to ignore the team order.

dans79

Arterius wrote:
Still doesn't give the driver the right to choose which orders to obey.
Just because he is Hamilton does not mean he can do what he wants. He is a driver for the Mercedes Team and as such has to follow the orders that are given to him by the team. How is that concept so hard to understand for the members of this forum???

You have never been a competitive athlete have you? I was paid (on scholarship) in college to run and I routinely disobeyed my coach. I.have.strait up told my boss you can fire me if you want, because I knew I was right and he was wrong.
201 105 104 9 9 7

SectorOne

Arterius wrote:
So f*****g what? It still does not give the driver the right to ignore the team order.
It does since they realized it was the wrong thing to do.

If you have two guys fighting tooth and nail for the championship you can´t issue team orders that will compromise either driver in their own battle. What´s the point of letting them race then? Might as well give one team orders from race 1.
Might even have him not participate in the races.

The guy on the other side of the garage is a competitor, even more so then all the other colored cars on the track.
Asking either driver for team orders is worse then calling Ferrari mid-race and ask them to move over.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Arterius
Arterius

SectorOne wrote:
Arterius wrote:
It does since they realized it was the wrong thing to do.

If you have two guys fighting tooth and nail for the championship you can´t issue team orders that will compromise either driver in their own battle. What´s the point of letting them race then? Might as well give one team orders from race 1.
Might even have him not participate in the races.

The guy on the other side of the garage is a competitor, even more so then all the other colored cars on the track.
Asking either driver for team orders is worse then calling Ferrari mid-race and ask them to move over.
That is assuming that the team order would have negatively effected Hamilton. As I stated earlier Hamilton not moving over and giving Rosberg a go at Alonso cost the team a P2 and P3 with Hamilton being in P2. This would have been better for the team. They had a real shot at getting past Alonso if Hamilton had done as the team ordered.

gray41

From now on Toto should say whoever wins qualifying wins the race and the other guy must settle for 2nd.

Maximum points every time.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

iotar__

Merc's obsession with separating their drivers with weird results: two different strategies, neither really worked but at least they weren't together for a long time. That's the third time Hamilton is breaking the rules: after chop in Bahrain, engine boost in Barcelona now ignoring team orders, hopefully those points were worth it. Next time it's going to be like in Austria but closer I'm not sure Mercedes would risk pitting Hamilton first to gain a place.

I didn't care about team orders today neither looked sharp but saying you're "very shocked" is laughable. You won your championship after team was telling your team-mate on different strategy to get out of the way. Stop posing as innocent pure racer and admit your team lost second place.

PlatinumZealot

iotar__ wrote:Merc's obsession with separating their drivers with weird results: two different strategies, neither really worked but at least they weren't together for a long time. That's the third time Hamilton is breaking the rules: after chop in Bahrain, engine boost in Barcelona now ignoring team orders, hopefully those points were worth it. Next time it's going to be like in Austria but closer I'm not sure Mercedes would risk pitting Hamilton first to gain a place.

I didn't care about team orders today neither looked sharp but saying you're "very shocked" is laughable. You won your championship after team was telling your team-mate on different strategy to get out of the way. Stop posing as innocent pure racer and admit your team lost second place.
Yep. Should have put HAM on the softs. Merc Cost Hamilton the win.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

nacho
nacho

Interesting that Williams managed to minimize their points again.

Andres125sx

What a race!!! :o =D> =D>

Alonso made me think he could even win! That would have sound really stupid before the race, but he managed to do it reality, again. Only if they all would have entered the pits at first lap after first SC..... That was main factor for Ricciardo victory I think, he took a massive advantage because of that, from 5th to 1st just with that move. Even so Alonso managed to move from 8th to second place, well to first, but holding Ricciardo was asking for too much, he made it with Hamilton wich already was quite asthonising

Obviously Ricciardo was brilliant too. What an overtake over Hamilton :shock: He´s proving to be a master both overtaking and holding possition. Awesome guy and a future WDC to me

Hamilton lost for his own, if he´d have avoided first lap spin he probably would have win starting from pit-lane, incredible recovery tough, but he could have done it even better. And he know it watching his face at the podium.

Vettel... Vettel who? :mrgreen: I consider him a great driver, but he´s insisting on proving he doesn´t deserve 4 WDCs. 6th on the WDC with second best car. Two victories for his team mate and two 3th positions for him as best results, and 43 points less than Ricciardo. Today he could have win, and he ruined his own posibilities with that spin

Awesome race, luckily I recorded it, so I´ll enjoy it again in the summer break :D