Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Racer X

Re: Haas - American team in F1

With everything Haas acquired from Marrusia i am certain we will see them successfully to the grid I now have no doubts. The way that I see it; this is our newest back marker.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

marcush.
marcush.

Dallara have again no current insight into designing a car for formula 1 .the gap has certainly increased since their last contact with formula 1 when they roughed out the first development step for Campos -HRT ...Back then in 2009 (!) to race in 2010..Dallara needs the Marussia assets to even get an idea of what is needed and they will fall flat on their face if they scrap everything to start from scratch in my view.
formula 1 these days is not about reinventing the wheel it is a very measured incremental approach towards the pinacle.no shortcuts but also no safety factors .You need the full expertise to even be able to build something worth campaigning.
Marussia surely had the right concept and the people to carry it forward .Haas would be a total idiot not to snap up all the key people(the design team + race team ) and build on that foundation.
I don´t think marussia had a lot of manufacturing expertise anyways -they followed the Jordan -Force India route of things ...

I ´d think the best ways of doing this would be to let the Marrusia chaps do the design work and let dallara produce the hardware .No idea what you would need the US facility then ...

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

marcush. wrote:Dallara have again no current insight into designing a car for formula 1 .
Of course Dallara can build a car to conform with 2016 F1 regulations. They are incredibly experienced at building cars to set specs and safety criteria in multiple series'. You are confusing the ability to build a legal car with the ability to build a competitive car.
marcush. wrote:I ´d think the best ways of doing this would be to let the Marrusia chaps do the design work and let dallara produce the hardware .No idea what you would need the US facility then ...
With all due respect, you seem confused about Haas' aims and goals. Haas himself has said that his main goal is to simply survive for 5 years. They will be working on a minuscule budget, trundling around at the back with Ferrari youngsters in the car. The design and manufacturing of parts will be done Stateside by Haas & Dallara designers, with a skeleton race prep crew servicing the cars in Banbury between races.

Racer X

I agree with Jonnycraig for what HAAS wants out of Formula One for his team he has more then enough resources and the correct designs. Im pretty sure Dallara can make sense of the Marrussia designs and put together the car then its up to the team to assemble the first car it will run it will probably not compete but for HAAS that is not an issue they just want to make a statement. Besides the first goal is to get the car to the grid in the first race of the season. Then to have it finish the last race of 2016..

Im pretty sure that by the summer of 2016 they will set new goals for 2017 but for now the only goal is to make the grid and they will achieve their goal.

So my point is they will achieve their goal for 2016 witch is to make the grid.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

FW17

Haas is not talking of Dallara anymore as he has realized they are not capable of fielding a back marker capable of being among the midfielders

The Marrusia team HQ bought by Haas is to house a small race and prep crew of 250 people as per Haas :lol: I wonder what his idea of a small team is (as entire Marrusia team was less than 250 personals)?

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

WilliamsF1 wrote: The Marrusia team HQ bought by Haas is to house a small race and prep crew of 250 people as per Haas :lol: I wonder what his idea of a small team is (as entire Marrusia team was less than 250 personals)?
In fairness, once the first bill crosses his desk he will swiftly drop a 0 off that number.

marcush.
marcush.

you must be kidding.
Caterham and Marrussia were state of the art and did not survive those 5 years..How can anyone in a halfway clear state of mind hope to even make the grid with a shoestring budget? What is a shoestring budget,anyways?
If you think 250 people to field to cars is shoestring... then go ahead.

But the millions already spent will not avoid spending more and more -in fact it´s the other way around until there is no more left in your pockets..You either have someone to pay the bills or you have pockets deep enough to survive this .
Pockets deep enough is 200mill € per year .... not many around who could do that without being held responsible for doing it without any success ..there are cheaper ways of promoting a brand name ....and surely more effective ones even in formula 1.....200mill could turn around Sauber ,Lotus ,Force india or maybe lift Williams to the very front...what an idea to use the money to barely survive in that environment..

xpensive
xpensive

marcush. wrote: ...
You either have someone to pay the bills or you have pockets deep enough to survive this .
Pockets deep enough is 200mill € per year .... not many around who could do that without being held responsible for doing it without any success ..there are cheaper ways of promoting a brand name ....and surely more effective ones even in formula 1.....200mill could turn around Sauber ,Lotus ,Force india or maybe lift Williams to the very front...what an idea to use the money to barely survive in that environment..
My sentiments precisely, using this insane amount of money to promote Haas machinery by being last in F1 makes very little sense.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

langwadt
langwadt

xpensive wrote:
marcush. wrote: ...
You either have someone to pay the bills or you have pockets deep enough to survive this .
My sentiments precisely, using this insane amount of money to promote Haas machinery by being last in F1 makes very little sense.
makes you wonder who would be crazy enough to start an F1 team, why spend 100's of millions for years to get maybe get a few points when for less you could sponsor one of the teams that actually have a chance

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Why is any team in F1 right now?

marcush.
marcush.

BanMeToo wrote:Why is any team in F1 right now?

any more questions?

GitanesBlondes

Jonnycraig wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote: The Marrusia team HQ bought by Haas is to house a small race and prep crew of 250 people as per Haas :lol: I wonder what his idea of a small team is (as entire Marrusia team was less than 250 personals)?
In fairness, once the first bill crosses his desk he will swiftly drop a 0 off that number.
You cannot run a F1 team in today's formula with 25 people.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

xpensive
xpensive

I think the established teams, at least Ferrari, RBR, and McLaren, are doing good, but establishing a new one is a gargantuan task.

The last one to manage that on his own was Eddie Jordan, but that was a quarter of a century ago.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

GitanesBlondes wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
You cannot run a F1 team in today's formula with 25 people.
Im well aware of that, and wasn't suggesting Haas would only employ 25 people across two countries. :mrgreen:

langwadt
langwadt

marcush. wrote:
http://static.twoday.net/formel1/images ... 1Chick.jpg

any more questions?
you don't need a several 100 million F1 team for that ;)