Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Another Picture from the Floor Area / RW Endplates. Is that Blue on the Floor that FlowWiz McLaren uses? They dont use that Yellow Stuff if i am Correct.

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

f1rules
f1rules

it is, they used it on the rearwing yesterday also

Tim.Wright

bill shoe wrote:another possibility is that the upper a-arm actually controls 3 dof rather than the typical 2. The outboard end seems long enough longitudinally to plausibly contain 2 ball-joint connections to the corner instead of 1 like a conventional wishbone. This would result in the arm constraining 3 dof. The rear leg seems thick enough longitudinally to maybe support this arrangement (similar to the Merc front suspension lower wishbone).

There is a rule that says the suspension can't be over or under constrained, but it's not clear what that means in practice. If there were two ball joints on the outboard end of the upper a-arm, then the suspension would not in fact be over or under constrained.
I believe you are correct. The upper arm constrains also the toe degree of freedom. Williams had a similar arrangement recently but the arm still had the form of a Z with 3 distinct beams. This one seems to be in the form of a H.

Interesting spot.
Not the engineer at Force India

GoranF1
GoranF1

Tim Wood GP ‏@Austin_F1 1m1 minute ago
Reports cvoming in that Alonso is braking later than Rosberg in the Mercedes. Also reports of an off-throttle buzz from the MP4-30. #F1
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

dr_cooke
dr_cooke

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Tim Wood GP ‏@Austin_F1 1m1 minute ago
Reports cvoming in that Alonso is braking later than Rosberg in the Mercedes. Also reports of an off-throttle buzz from the MP4-30. #F1
Less power -> less Max speed ->later braking?

Felipe 92

dr_cooke wrote:
ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Tim Wood GP ‏@Austin_F1 1m1 minute ago
Less power -> less Max speed ->later braking?
Alonso`s top speed on intermediate was 258 km/h and Rosberg was only 5 km/h faster.

Thunder

Some more Pictures from AMuS:

Turning Vanes:

#aerogollum

KingHamilton01

McLaren Mercedes

Thunder

Seems to be only the right Wheel Nut that's golden. Left is red. Or they have different sets.

Edit: After watching the Videos on the last Page, the Honda downshifting reminds me of the good old Blown Diffusor Days. 8)
#aerogollum

agf1
agf1

I'm sorry if it was discussed before but what exactly is that hump on the nose?

Mesteño

I keep wondering... If they can run so many laps today with new engine, which sounds good... What were they running with the past two days? Untamable beast of some kind?

BlackSwan
BlackSwan

agf1 wrote:I'm sorry if it was discussed before but what exactly is that hump on the nose?
It is a sensor /camera to measure front wing flexibility :)

agf1
agf1

Right, it makes sense. Thanks.

Felipe 92

Thunder

Mesteño wrote:I keep wondering... If they can run so many laps today with new engine, which sounds good... What were they running with the past two days? Untamable beast of some kind?
Or... you know... Sensor/Communication Glitches as they stated multiple times. :wink:
#aerogollum