Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Don't know if this image has been posted here before but it's an interesting comparison between this year's and last year's car. The MP4-30 looks much more refined than the MP4-29 especially around the sidepod/engine cover area.

turbof1

Talk and speciulation about how many laps the car did on a 'filming day' belongs either in the test thread or the team thread. I'll make a one time exception by moving them later on, but after this any posts not on topic on the physical parts of the car will be removed, pronto.

EDIT: moved to testing thread, http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... &start=465

To make it clear: if you find there's a lack of material of the car to have any worthy and/or ontopic discussion about, then check the other threads to find something interesting. The car topics are about quality way ahead of quantity.
#AeroFrodo

PlatinumZealot

Dipesh1995 wrote:http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/McL ... 843488.jpg

Don't know if this image has been posted here before but it's an interesting comparison between this year's and last year's car. The MP4-30 looks much more refined than the MP4-29 especially around the sidepod/engine cover area.
I would say the side pod is totally different philosophy. Now the dorsal fin serves as the primary heat vent. And only the engine radiators are in the side-pods now. Also notice that the floor edges of the MP4-30 are more basic.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Marco Alves
Marco Alves

Images from the filming day:

PlatinumZealot

Three radiators in the right side-pod (viewer's left) and one radiator in the left side-pod.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Egresi Tamás
Egresi Tamás

PlatinumZealot wrote:Three radiators in the right side-pod (viewer's left) and one radiator in the left side-pod.
I'm edited...

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Egresi Tamás wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Three radiators in the right side-pod (viewer's left) and one radiator in the left side-pod.
I'm edited...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-D90R0CMAEB-9O.jpg:large
the insides of the mirror post and mirror housing painted black suddenly, they were completely red before.
must have annoyed the view of the drivers too much?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

tomazy
tomazy

It was probably for Alonso so that he doesnt think he is still driving a Ferrari :D

Mesteño

I would love to have the background photo at 3:48 in good resolution!

chuckdanny
chuckdanny

The mclaren feature a double diffuser !

One on each side... :arrow:

Hail22

I swear I thought from launch photos the gearbox of the MP4-30 was on the floor...but from this Youtube still I found whilst trawling the web it gives me the illusion as if its a "floating" gearbox. Is it merely created by the angle of the car going into a corner / angle and direction the camera is being pointed or could it be a "floating" gearbox?

Edit: Does anyone know whether Mclaren is running a Carbon fibre gearbox housing or the conventional titanium case?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

mclaren111

In the TRE Video posted above Scarbs and P Windsor said they have a CabonFibre Gearbox.

hollus

@Hail22, from 5 pages back, the video leaves no doubt:
Sukhoi wrote:
5:51 and 5:57
There is space under the gearbox
Rivals, not enemies.

Cuky

chuckdanny wrote:The mclaren feature a double diffuser !

http://oi58.tinypic.com/bgqwsp.jpg

One on each side... :arrow:

Nope, those two parts you have marked are not separated by anything. It is, like with all other teams, just one diffuser stretching for full allowed width.

GoranF1
GoranF1

MP4-30 in Barcelona going to FIA inspection today.

via @AlbertFabregaCA
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."