2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Hail22

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

oT v1 wrote:noooooo its the spark show so far. Many, many replays of cars going straight and creating sparks.....

Also Marussia what are you doing even there, save your pennies and turn up when you're ready
To get their 44 Million Euros Manor needed only to front up within the first 3 grand prixs in order to qualify for last years prize money. They'll get their money and leave F1 I feel.
Last edited by Hail22 on 13 Mar 2015, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

oT v1
oT v1

Hail22 wrote:To get their 44 Million Euros Manor needed to front up within the first 3 grand prixs in order to qualify for last years prix money. They'll get their money and leave F1 I feel.
i see. Would Bernie allow that? i thought the pay-out was for last year alone, with teams allowed to miss 2 races. If they are willing to pay them the 44m then surely they'll have to take part in the whole season.

Is this Bernie meeting the quota for no. of cars, per promoter contracts?
The Power of Dreams

SilverArrow10

These new fom graphics look good but where are the lap times??? they don't show anything its another case of fixing something that isn't broken #-o
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

iotar__

Lotus is continuing to be a team that doesn't want to achieve anything in F1. At least they have Palmer and five team principals including two geniuses behind F1 team orders records. Commendable consistency.

So FIA can give F1 super-license to Wolff, Kvyat season ago, Verstappen, basically anybody with the right connections but they are refusing to give one to Vd Garde after full season in F1 and five or so in GP2??

New live timing is even worse.

Sevach
Sevach

Ferrari engine is pretty decent i think, looks to me that they lose more on chassis than power.
Red Bull hard to tell... doesn't look too good, STR is carrying the flag at the moment.
Williams has no front end right now.
Mercedes looks as awesome as ever.

A lot of cars were sparking like crazy to begin the session (STR specially), but they quickly adjusted.

Let's see how the cars perform on soft, i got the feeling the medium is kinda overkill.

MercedesAMGSpy

Did F1 not exist last year FOM? A fresh new start, well we see it. Fix your coverage.

joseff

Hi guys, nobody on IRC?

gray41

Honestly not having the tower of driver times is ridiculous.

Even if you have the live timing on iPad or other device you have to sync it up...
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Sevach
Sevach

Mercedes, Red Bull, Williams and Mclaren ditched their monkey seats for FP1.

max_speed
max_speed

Sevach wrote:Mercedes, Red Bull, Williams and Mclaren ditched their monkey seats for FP1.
Mclaren may ditch running all together too in next practice :D

Hail22

oT v1 wrote:
Hail22 wrote:To get their 44 Million Euros Manor needed to front up within the first 3 grand prixs in order to qualify for last years prix money. They'll get their money and leave F1 I feel.
i see. Would Bernie allow that? i thought the pay-out was for last year alone, with teams allowed to miss 2 races. If they are willing to pay them the 44m then surely they'll have to take part in the whole season.

That'd only happen if memory serves me right that 16 cars or less were physically on the grid come race day...I may be wrong I do remember someone quoting it as low as 13 before organisers had a leg to stand on.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

evered7
evered7

Any idea as to on what tires were the times set? Medium and Hards are the choice for this weekend I suppose?

max_speed
max_speed

Hail22 wrote:
oT v1 wrote:

That'd only happen if memory serves me right that 16 cars or less were physically on the grid come race day...I may be wrong I do remember someone quoting it as low as 13 before organisers had a leg to stand on.
this could well be the worst f1 season in recent times , mercedes utterly dominating , ferrari.williams/redbull no where in sight fighting for second , no fight among mid tier teams force india struggling with finance and sauber in legal troubles, lotus recovering , manor running fr 44meuros and mclaren keep shouting #sizeZero throughout the year and keep playing role of caterham

Raleigh
Raleigh

Williams going 3rd quickest (behind only Mercedes) in FP1 is interesting, last year they would always spend Friday in the middle of the timesheets and then show their pace on Saturday and Sunday...

Either their they have changed their practice or that car is seriously quick.

Sevach
Sevach

evered7 wrote:Any idea as to on what tires were the times set? Medium and Hards are the choice for this weekend I suppose?
This weekend is mediums and softs, all the times were set on mediums, no one used softs.