2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
CHT
CHT

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

giantfan10 wrote:
CHT wrote:Merc has got the power, reliability, fuel economy, a well balance car and a superb driver like Lewis.

Goodbye 2015.
i'm not giving up yet.... would have been a closer race if williams wasnt planted right in front of vettel in the ferrari like a mack truck... lol
the only hope it looks like to challenge mercedes this year is ferrari... williams being a costumer team of mercedes will never catch them.
there is a glimmer of hope with the ferrari planned engine upgrade coming so dont give up yet but i do have to agree doesnt look good lol
Yes, Ferrari engine powered car seems to have made significant improvement this year, BUT the gap between Merc and the rest is just too big, and I am sure Lewis and Nico was not even pushing 100% most of the time today and they are already >30sec ahead.

Plus Lewis seems to overly dominating this year, reminds me about how Vettel become the clear no.1 after after 2010 abu dhabi. Lets hope I am wrong

SparkyAMG

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:F1 Madness ‏@F1_Madness 1m1 minute ago

No further action will be taken against Ferrari for Raikkonen's unsafe release.Reason:wheel retention system worked and the team stopped him
I hope they follow that up with consistency throughout the season. Hate seeing drivers penalised for something that isn't their fault, especially if the mistake is rectified swiftly by the team as in this case.

iotar__

No decisions for Ferrari of course, you know that when they stall they're going to cheat, it's always like that. Alonso's off-track in Abu Dhabi and several other.

Explanation is ludicrous, system didn't indicate so it's fine. So if a system doesn't indicate and tyre hits mechanic and kills him there's no one to blame as long as team "is monitoring telemetry"? It wasn't unsafe release yet this tyre was not properly attached because of the very pitstop in question, no cause and effect in FIA's universe? It does not get any simpler so they might as well scrap all written rules and act based on a team and a driver.
Last edited by iotar__ on 15 Mar 2015, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Considering the number of people complaining about the RB years with an average 0.3 advantage and 2012 where they didn't even have the fastest car, to now be moaning about Mercs advantage is a little rich.

The grass isn't always greener.

henra
henra

Chene_Mostert wrote:It's sad for Williams to mess their race by playing rear gunner for Merc in the early parts - but what can they do, the Wolff blood runs deep in the team and they get a very good PU at discounted price!

Ferrari needs to sort out their quali approach and ensure they start ahead of Williams if they want to be in with a chance to at least put some pressure on Mercedes in the early laps.
The blocking of Ferrari wasn't necessarily due to order from Merc. In this instance I rather believe Williams wanted to go for a 1 stopper from the get go and adapted the pace accordingly. Other Teams probably planned for a 2 stopper but changed that after the Safety Car. If Merc was initially going for a 2 stopper is the big question. If not then it is clear they still have massive race pace advantage on hand and were heftily sandbagging once the gap was big enough.
I'm a bit afraid exactly this might be the case.

Ferrari seems to be #2 with a tiny margin towards Williams. They profited from the imposed slower pace with less tyre and fuel consumption. Had they been in front of Williams from the start I don't think it would have changed too much. They would have had to save fuel and tyres awell if they were going for a 1 stopper.

The "fight" between Nico and Lewis indeed softly whispered "artificial and controlled". I hope this Impression was deceiving me, though.

djos

2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Arnold "the terminator" doing the post race race interviews, awesome!
"In downforce we trust"

turbof1

I removed the recent controversial posts and follow-up bickering.

To put in it Arnold's words: If you are going to be back, you'll be terminated.

#AeroFrodo

Chene_Mostert

turbof1 wrote:I removed the recent controversial posts and follow-up bickering.

To put in it Arnold's words: If you are going to be back, you'll be terminated.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50 ... al-pos.jpg
At least you do it with style! had a good chuckle :D
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Well that was a load of rubbish. Hard to believe we were watching a billion dollars worth of the pinnacle of motorsport in action.. Ive seen more engineering success in scrapheap challenge.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

ChrisM40 wrote:Well that was a load of rubbish. Hard to believe we were watching a billion dollars worth of the pinnacle of motorsport in action.. Ive seen more engineering success in scrapheap challenge.
You aren't watching the pinnacle of Motorsport.

WEC is far superior in engineering, hybrid systems & even downforce production. Formula E & even Indycar provide a far superior racing spectacle.

F1 is however undoubtedly the best marketed racing series on earth.

MOWOG

I've seen more engineering success in scrapheap challenge.
Sadly, there is much truth to what you say. :cry:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

Why did I waste my afternoon on that. Got excited for nothing, terrible race, F1 has big problems.

MercedesAMGSpy

To be honest the first race in Australia is always boring to watch. Only when rain is involved a few years ago it was a spectacle, but that's it.

Gaz.
Gaz.

Vettel Maggot wrote:Why did I waste my afternoon on that. Got excited for nothing, terrible race, F1 has big problems.
Was this your first terribly boring race? Ah the joys of youth or new fans! I remember being bored beyond belief in 1992, and to be honest 1988 had its moments too, but the 2002 season drove me mad.

Still, has there ever been a season without at least one really boring race in it? I bet there weren't many.
Forza Jules

Edax
Edax

CHT wrote:Merc has got the power, reliability, fuel economy, a well balance car and a superb driver like Lewis.

Goodbye 2015.
Its early days but even if this was true. Why goodby 2015?

This is a technical sport as well as a driver sport. And it is not simply a sum of the engineering skills, the team skills and the driver skills. When these are aligned it can bring the performance to a different dimension. And the interesting part is that it just happens. There is no management book, or secret formula to make it happen.

And when it happens you can only watch in awe as the competition just gets obliterated.

Perhaps these are not the most competitive years, but certainly among the most memorable.