2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

I hoped to find some news about the forthcoming Grands Prix. Sadly, all I've found is a load of fanboy ying-yang. :roll:

Guys, take it somewhere else and stop polluting the race thread, please.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

f1316
f1316

For what it's worth, here's this:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118398

The title says 'Analysis' but to be honest I think it's pretty light (or devoid) of any actual analysis; conclusion is basically that if it's cooler, Ferrari won't be as competitive.

That may well be true but, for example, the fact China is front, and not rear, limited doesn't necessarily favour one team over the other - we just don't yet know enough about how the different cars react to different pressures. Similarly, whilst the compounds are the same as Oz, the types of corners are pretty different, so again, it will put different pressures on tyres compared to both races so far.

Would have been nice to have seen analysis of specific corner and temps from testing maybe. Not to mention that the long straights in China have more in common with Malaysia then Australia.

Gaz.
Gaz.

f1316 wrote:
Would have been nice to have seen analysis of specific corner and temps from testing maybe. Not to mention that the long straights in China have more in common with Malaysia then Australia.
I've always thought of Sepang & Shanghai as twin circuits.
Forza Jules

ringo

Mercedes is right in bringing forward updates.
For one it helps them to evaluate the parts now, and puts them in a better position to be effective in the middle part of the season where most of the swings in performance tend to happen. It's also best to keep the dominance at a point where Ferrari can only see it as them being the faster car. If they get too close Ferrari will smell blood and probably push even harder to catch up.
For Sure!!

Gaz.
Gaz.

giantfan10 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:I hoped to find some news about the forthcoming Grands Prix. Sadly, all I've found is a load of fanboy ying-yang. :roll:

Guys, take it somewhere else and stop polluting the race thread, please.
im sorry this discussion forum couldnt provide you with your news.
here is some news for you ... ferrari plans to bring updates to china and so does Mercedes, red bull and williams...thats pretty much all the news i can give you... i will now stop being a poster who enjoys back and forth with fans of opposing teams while waiting for the race in the thread title which i might add has not been ran yet. I will now go look for F1 news for you..because this is 2015 and the only place to get F1 news is from a discussion forum.
i could suggest a few reputable blogs and news sites to go find F1 news at but i'm too busy searching for good news to bring you.
**Warning, the previous post contains sarcasm and is not intended for all viewers.**
Dear God man give it a rest, this isn't Football365.
Forza Jules

Artur Craft

f1316 wrote:For what it's worth, here's this:

The title says 'Analysis' but to be honest I think it's pretty light (or devoid) of any actual analysis; conclusion is basically that if it's cooler, Ferrari won't be as competitive.

That may well be true but, for example, the fact China is front, and not rear, limited doesn't necessarily favour one team over the other - we just don't yet know enough about how the different cars react to different pressures. Similarly, whilst the compounds are the same as Oz, the types of corners are pretty different, so again, it will put different pressures on tyres compared to both races so far.
It's autosport, so don't expect real analysis. Tbh, I rate autosport(and their journalists) very low. I prefer much more AMuS and they are not that much expert either.

For real techincal debate and analysis, this forum is by far the best I ever found. :D

dans79

Artur Craft wrote: For real techincal debate and analysis, this forum is by far the best I ever found. :D
I agree, I find more useful technical leads here, than I do from the 40+ F1 news outlets and blogs I follow via Feedly.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Juzh

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:not our fault we have such a great engine+car!
You work for merc F1?

turbof1

It's an old cliche expression, but getting "sick and tired" should be very relevant here. We are running in circles about the whole Ferrari-Mercedes saga for days now, with only a few quotes in the media to chew on even though it never brings nothing new.

On the upside: it does speed up some updates, so some new pieces on the cars to show!
#AeroFrodo

PlatinumZealot

raymondu999 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Jensn Button was the first to discover the two tyre management techniques to do a good qualifying lap, mister smedly...
What are you referring to?
Sorry I was not detailed enough... Smedley came out and said there are two techniques to deliver a Good Q lap in China. The person that discovered the technique(s) was Jenson Button. After uncovering the trick(s) he smartly played dumb until Q3 where he used it to his advantage to out-qualify Lewis Hamilton by 4 tenths in S3. It was until a few looks over the telemetry that Lewis' engineers figured out the trick. It is quite interesting how the track layout can vary tyre energy over a lap. China has the most exaggerated variations in tyre energy of the lap.. Jenson discovered that you have to choose a single sector and tune your car for that. He chose Sector 3.... He dialed back the aggression on the first two sectors and went all out blazing on the third sector... on that day that was the sector that delivered the most time.. and the only way you would have noticed that was if your tyre energy was low and tyre condition was good after S2. If you were like Lewis and hooking up on S1, and S2 it would have been a huge mystery why the car just won't hook up on S3. That year was set apart from the years before because of the cheese Pirellis. Most drivers and engineers caught on to the trick afterwards though.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

Artur Craft wrote:
f1316 wrote:For what it's worth, here's this:

It's autosport, so don't expect real analysis. Tbh, I rate autosport(and their journalists) very low. I prefer much more AMuS and they are not that much expert either.

For real techincal debate and analysis, this forum is by far the best I ever found. :D
Autosport is the most credible though. They are more about factual News than analysis.
I stay far away from them however. Wanting me to pay for news and analysis I can get for free elsewhere.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

Racer X

henra wrote:
Racer X wrote:Well Alonso showed last year hes way better then Kimi.
I would be more precise: Fernando was way better in a beasty car the F14t was than Kimi.
Kimi seems to be quite sensitive regarding traits of his car. He can be quick if everything fits.

DUUUDE If everything is right on a car and a car is amasing even a Mediocre driver like Maldonado can win.......... #-o

Alonso is better then Kimi plain and simple same car same conditions and Kimi did nothing compared to Alonso im not even an Alonso Fan im just saying Alonso is better plain and simple and now we see that Vettel is also better then Kimi. Or so far he has been lets let the season finish.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

markp
markp

Racer X wrote:
henra wrote:
Racer X wrote:Well Alonso showed last year hes way better then Kimi.
I would be more precise: Fernando was way better in a beasty car the F14t was than Kimi.
Kimi seems to be quite sensitive regarding traits of his car. He can be quick if everything fits.

DUUUDE If everything is right on a car and a car is amasing even a Mediocre driver like Maldonado can win.......... #-o

Alonso is better then Kimi plain and simple same car same conditions and Kimi did nothing compared to Alonso im not even an Alonso Fan im just saying Alonso is better plain and simple and now we see that Vettel is also better then Kimi. Or so far he has been lets let the season finish.
Hmmm. 1 season together. If you take a snapshot if one season together of other pairings things can look strange. Imagine you only had Hamilton Button in 2011. Button is way better? Coulthard Hakkinen pre 1998.

In fact IN MY OPINION had last years RedBull been up there with Merc Vettel would have hammered Ricciardo but he did not. For the record I beleive Alonso is better than Kimi but the margin last year for whatever reason was flattering to Alonso.

djos

markp wrote: In fact IN MY OPINION had last years RedBull been up there with Merc Vettel would have hammered Ricciardo but he did not.
Woulda, Coulda .... Didnt!
"In downforce we trust"

markp
markp

djos wrote:
markp wrote: In fact IN MY OPINION had last years RedBull been up there with Merc Vettel would have hammered Ricciardo but he did not.
Woulda, Coulda .... Didnt!
YES. Fact was he got hammered by Ricciardo end of. All drivers loose to a teamate sometimes. Senna and Schumacher included. Maybe Fangio did not but have to read up on that. Also driver choices are important. Kimi stayed at Ferrari Alonso left and so when Kimi beats Alonso this year I will put it down to better judgement same as knowing braking points or when to apply throttle.