2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

There's a big difference between being beaten occasionally (e.g. Webber vs Vettel) and being consistently outperformed.

Yes Vettel had car issues last year but you could see he mentally wasn't in the game too. Dan was just on fire and took full advantage of every opportunity.
"In downforce we trust"

markp
markp

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

djos wrote:There's a big difference between being beaten occasionally (e.g. Webber vs Vettel) and being consistently outperformed.

Yes Vettel had car issues last year but you could see he mentally wasn't in the game too. Dan was just on fire and took full advantage of every opportunity.
Button beat Hamilton 2011. Prost beat Senna on season points including all races in 88 and 89. I would pick Vettel for my team going forward. Vettel looked back to his best last time out, Ricciardo was beaten by Kyvatt. Form can change year on year but I could not get over the fact Vettel has won more championships than Ricciardo has races. Alot of drivers are close on performance but consistency year on year counts many drivers can beat all the others in closely matched cars on any given Sunday.

djos

markp wrote: Button beat Hamilton 2011. Prost beat Senna on season points including all races in 88 and 89. I would pick Vettel for my team going forward. Vettel looked back to his best last time out, Ricciardo was beaten by Kyvatt. Form can change year on year but I could not get over the fact Vettel has won more championships than Ricciardo has races. Alot of drivers are close on performance but consistency year on year counts many drivers can beat all the others in closely matched cars on any given Sunday.
It's already been established that RIC had front wing damage and failing brakes - lets see what happens in China if both KYV and RIC get a clean run in Qually and the Race.
"In downforce we trust"

markp
markp

djos wrote:
markp wrote: Button beat Hamilton 2011. Prost beat Senna on season points including all races in 88 and 89. I would pick Vettel for my team going forward. Vettel looked back to his best last time out, Ricciardo was beaten by Kyvatt. Form can change year on year but I could not get over the fact Vettel has won more championships than Ricciardo has races. Alot of drivers are close on performance but consistency year on year counts many drivers can beat all the others in closely matched cars on any given Sunday.
It's already been established that RIC had front wing damage and failing brakes - lets see what happens in China if both KYV and RIC get a clean run in Qually and the Race.
At this point in time I think Ricciardo is better than Kyvatt. I am playing devils advocat as who is better than who is so subjective it does not matter. Who finishes where in the points in 2015 counts the past has gone. If you have to compare teamates you need at least 3 seasons like anything to get a pattern.

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Andres125sx

Alonso said he does not expect the McLaren to perform as it did in Sepang because of the lower temperatures....

If they need high temperatures to perform, but then the car fails because of that temperatures, the mountain they have to climb is turning into a wall

Vasconia

China will suit Mercedes so a 1-2 its quite clear for me. Rosberg has been very good in this track but Hamilton destroyed him last year. Anyway Nico NEEDS to win this race and show that he can fight with Lewis. I think that Lewis will win but I hope that Nico can peform at this very best.

Race:

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Vettel
3. Raikkonen
5. Bottas
6. Sainz
7. Ricciardo
8. Massa
9. Verstappen
10. Kvyat.

That was quite boring, so I prefer this one:

1. Rosberg
2. Vettel
3. Raikkonen
4. Hamilton
5. Sainz
6. Kvyat
7. Bottas
8. Hulkenberg
9. Alonso
10. Ericsson

Let me dream. :mrgreen:

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:Alonso said he does not expect the McLaren to perform as it did in Sepang because of the lower temperatures....

If they need high temperatures to perform, but then the car fails because of that temperatures, the mountain they have to climb is turning into a wall
And in Bahrein the problem will be the fuel consumption. It like a....come on, no track can suit this car. :roll:

WaikeCU

Speaking of sheer speed I think Hamilton is the quickest at the moment, but imo Alonso will edge Hamilton on racecraft. Some of the lines Alonso takes following a car are just absolutely brilliant. In my opinion this is what differs Alonso to Hamilton. Hamilton is the more gutsier driver of the two meaning he has lots of courage in overtaking cars. You have to have courage to brake as late as possible. I do think Max Verstappen is the next one that has the potential to be in that group of drivers. Is fast in dry and wet conditions, has the courage to take on drivers and doesn't yield easily. He also has the determination to fight back when he loses out. For a 17 year old being that composed and calm in his first season of F1 is just rare. Can't wait for this weekend to see him go Max Attack!

Vasconia

WaikeCU wrote:Speaking of sheer speed I think Hamilton is the quickest at the moment, but imo Alonso will edge Hamilton on racecraft. Some of the lines Alonso takes following a car are just absolutely brilliant. In my opinion this is what differs Alonso to Hamilton. Hamilton is the more gutsier driver of the two meaning he has lots of courage in overtaking cars. You have to have courage to brake as late as possible. I do think Max Verstappen is the next one that has the potential to be in that group of drivers. Is fast in dry and wet conditions, has the courage to take on drivers and doesn't yield easily. He also has the determination to fight back when he loses out. For a 17 year old being that composed and calm in his first season of F1 is just rare. Can't wait for this weekend to see him go Max Attack!
I would compare Verstappen with Hamilton due to this aggresive attitude, and Sainz with Alonso because he seems to be colder and more precise in what he does. A truly interesting battle.

oT v1
oT v1

due to a misplacing my magical Rolex, can anyone tell me when the quali/race starts UK time? :)
The Power of Dreams

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

oT v1 wrote:due to a misplacing my magical Rolex, can anyone tell me when the quali/race starts UK time? :)
I've always used this for my race scheduling needs.
https://www.f1calendar.com/

SiLo

3jawchuck wrote:
oT v1 wrote:due to a misplacing my magical Rolex, can anyone tell me when the quali/race starts UK time? :)
Pretty sure we could have the start times, at least in GMT as part of the first post in race threads?
Felipe Baby!

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

SiLo wrote:
3jawchuck wrote:
Pretty sure we could have the start times, at least in GMT as part of the first post in race threads?
It's not the first time this has been suggested this year. (Just reinforcing the suggestion for the next thread starter...)

Andres125sx

Vasconia wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:Alonso said he does not expect the McLaren to perform as it did in Sepang because of the lower temperatures....

And in Bahrein the problem will be the fuel consumption. It like a....come on, no track can suit this car. :roll:
Fuel consumption?

I´ve never read them saying that, actually I read them saying they still don´t know what´s their fuel consumption, what makes sense since they haven´t tested their ERS at 100% yet

Ok, if they are forced to go to Bahrein in same configuration than Melbourne, consumption willl be a problem for sure because they need to use more fuel due to their limited ERS, but I hope they can solve that problem sooner