Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
KingHamilton01

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Jef Patat wrote:
KingHamilton01 wrote:
wesley123 wrote:no, was there before already.
All good and well saying that, but evidence from last race to back this up???
Have you tried checking it yourself? It was there before.

Just check page 1 of this thread. It was there even before the car was there ...
Sorry think there was some confusion on my behalf, I thought he was reffering to the monkey seat being there before when you are talking about the little wing in front of the mirror's!
McLaren Mercedes

GoranF1
GoranF1

MP4-30 Malaysia vs China FP2 compared to others

Malaysia FP2:
Toro Rosso +1.3s
Sauber +1.3s
Lotus +0.7s
Force India +0.3s

China FP2
Toro Rosso -0.6s
Sauber +0.2s
Lotus +0.1s
Force India -0.9s

Malaysia FP2
Williams +2.1s
Red Bull +2.2s

China FP2
Williams +0.4s
Red Bull +0.9s

They find 1 sec. again.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:MP4-30 Malaysia vs China FP2 compared to others

Malaysia FP2:
Toro Rosso +1.3s
Sauber +1.3s
Lotus +0.7s
Force India +0.3s

China FP2
Toro Rosso -0.6s
Sauber +0.2s
Lotus +0.1s
Force India -0.9s

I would wait before coming with conclusions. Mclaren-Honda are fighting with top teams (Ferrari, Mercedes) and I don`t think they are any closer.

Malaysia FP2
Williams +2.1s
Red Bull +2.2s

China FP2
Williams +0.4s
Red Bull +0.9s

They find 1 sec. again.

n04h f1
n04h f1

Another angle of the new brake ducts https://twitter.com/ScarbsF1/status/586402755549368323

radosav
radosav

willmesquita

http://papayaorange.com.br/2015/04/gp-d ... ou/mp4-30/

It seems great, it's like we need more 1,5 s to fight for podium. :D
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

willmesquita

Sorry about that link.
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

mclaren111

Mesteno said:
I've never seen the little (very little) flap on the wing.
I agree - the very small upright on top of the winglet was not there in Malaysia.

Or please provide a photo clearly showing it. Thank You.

mclaren111

China FW:

maccafan
maccafan

willmesquita wrote:http://papayaorange.com.br/2015/04/gp-d ... ou/mp4-30/

I think macca first needs an engine that can finish a race. Starting to think that it must be a fundamental issue with the honda design. Looking at their failure pattern it doesnt look good

jericho

If parts keep failling, they can replace them without a penalty. If they fit parts to boost performance, it costs tokens...
So i hope the engine is fast and a few minor things will help them get points and podiums..

edxferrari

no don't get too exited , if mclaren on second half of season after race 10 or 11 can finish on points that will be great result
dont expect too much from mclaren this season , plus reduce 1.5 second per one lap is one thing but to do it on 50+ laps is another , yes they have e great package aerodinamicly but to beat mercedes you first need to have an engine as good as they have (if not better) and than come in to play aero package of the car

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

maccafan wrote:

I think macca first needs an engine that can finish a race. Starting to think that it must be a fundamental issue with the honda design. Looking at their failure pattern it doesnt look good
I agree. It is sad to see Mclaren-Honda struggle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That car won`t win this season because that car is to bad , best case scenario and target for Mclaren-Honda is to make into Q3.

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

Fer.Fan wrote:
maccafan wrote:

I agree. It is sad to see Mclaren-Honda struggle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That car won`t win this season because that car is to bad , best case scenario and target for Mclaren-Honda is to make into Q3.
Alonsos comment after qualify;
“This has been another positive weekend – everyone in the team is excited about the progress we’re making.”

Come on, this is just to sad. What progress?? Everyone excited about what?? P17-18 on the grid... MP4-30 is a joke!!!

proteus

No hard feelings, but youre comment is kind of a joke. The car is quite competitive, the engune is the problem. Being inside 2 seconds with a car that has arround 10Km/h lower speed, with downperformed engine is not bad at all. At least not for me.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows