2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

Shame about Verstappen, he was very solid and deserved the points.

Battle for 13th the most exciting thing going on.
Grid penalty for Jenson which he will pay over the rest of the season, i'm sure by Abu Dhabi it should be concluded.

Sniffit

Who builds red bull and torro rosso gearboxes?

dans79

SectorOne wrote:Meanwhile, Giantfan10:

http://i.imgur.com/tZOS8.gif
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. if it wasn't for the safety Car Lewis would have been 20 to 25 seconds down the road from Vettel. I'm just sad I didn't get to see KimI race Vettel, he looked for sure to catch him with a lap or two to go.
Last edited by dans79 on 12 Apr 2015, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Juzh

FoxHound wrote:
Juzh wrote:
FoxHound wrote:And you are blaming Renault for all of Red Bulls ills.... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Show me where I said that.
I have yet to see you blame the Red bull chassis mate.
RB team thread? Last post.

FoxHound

:lol:
1 of 2000 posts, even then it was forced.
Some balance in your analysis!
JET set

zeph
zeph

So at least in this GP Mercedes was comfortably ahead of Ferrari. But Ferrari is definitely best of the rest. Williams is not even close.

I wonder if Mercedes could give them more assistance to have them take points away from the Scuderia?

Sevach
Sevach

evered7
evered7

Good win for Hamilton. Grand Chelem only if he leads all the laps of the race I think. Kimi was on the lead for a couple of laps at least.

A anti climactic race as a Ferrari fan. They faltered a lot on the meds. Sorry for Kimi, I felt he would have caught Vettel for 3rd.

I hope Rosberg ups his game or else it will be worse than last year (if Ferrari don't improve).

Renault sure have some work do do ahead of next week's race. Not only in performance but reliability as well.

SilverArrow10

Yeah sky and nbc are wrong he scored a triple =D>
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Juzh

FoxHound wrote::lol:
I have to even yours out.

iotar__

- Borefest and tyre management exercise, not pushing 100% =P~
- Hell froze and Bottas and Raikkonen had good starts
- at least Ricciardo did his thing and lost the race to Sauber and (almost) Toro Rosso, it's not 2014 anymore when you could get away with that
- Smart people from Lotus put faster, leading driver behind and into traffic through pitstops. Competence similar to all other areas - manufactured failure. Then they pit Maldo later and put pressure on him with results, keep it simple next time.

zeph
zeph

SilverArrow10 wrote:Yeah sky and nbc are wrong he scored a triple =D>
Actually, NBC just commented on the radio comment from HAM's race engineer who said: "Full House". They speculated it meant, he topped all FP's, all Q's, set the fastest lap and won the race.

In all fairness, this victory is as good as a Grand Chelem in my opinion. With modern pit stop strategies, "all laps lead" is a rarity.

FoxHound

Juzh wrote:
FoxHound wrote::lol:
I have to even yours out.
Is that really the case? I mean look how many times you've posted on Renault being rubbish.
It is fanatical, that is not a criticism, its an observation.
I also still have not seen you call out the red bull chassis the way you do with Renault.

Why is that?
JET set

F1NAC

@GRA-A Ferrari didn't bring any upgrade, and Mercedes did big one. So this gap is ok for me. I didn't get overexcited after win cause with this progress during winter they are already winners for me. Will see in Spain how the things will go

GPR-A duplicate2

Sevach wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
Chene_Mostert wrote:Starting Grid:

1. LH
2. SV
3. KR
4. NR
5. DK
6. VB
7. FM
8. FN
9. ME
10. DR

DR ends up 10th due to PU issues in Q3.

RACE:
Lewis struggles to hold off SB in first part of race, SB passes on lap 8, Lewis drops 0.7sec per lap to SV as he tries to hold off KR. After plenty of Hamilton complaining about tyres, team decides to pit him at end of lap 12. Joins behind FM and damages front suspension in failed overtaking attempt into turn 3. Massa continues with damage.
NR instructed by team to "save fuel, save tyres, maintain gap at 15sec to KR and we will attack on last corner of the last lap".

1. SV
2. KR
3. NR
4. VB
5. FN
6. DR
7. DK
8. ME
9. FM
10. JB first points for Mclaren Honda partnership.
On F1technical:
GPR-A will work some "numbers" showing that Merc was actually faster and that the Ferrari win was purely hypothetical.
aaHHHHH...... IT REALLY HURTS. Such a shame that I didn't get an opportunity to prove how hypothetical Vettel's win in China was. Hamilton being in cruise control mode and leading a Ferrari by 20 seconds..... now how do I do the "number" business? Oh, what happened to the FUTURE as predicted by Mr. Fortune Teller?

I hope the over excited and over worked Ferrari Fanboys will stay at rest for a while. These guys turned the forum into a spam sh**, full of some fancy thoughts. Ferrari SF15S-T is some kind of a ghost with unlimited tyre usage window. Mercedes will struggle BIG in the race and no way they can use soft tyres beyond a few laps.

In all honesty, Ferrari have made great progress and it is amazing to see them being in position to challenge Merc. But to somehow fancy that Merc has lost all its advantage and a sitting duck for Ferrari to overtake, is just upsurd. Ferrari had no answer to Merc on that Medium, which took them to a win in Malaysia. In qualifying, Ferrari was just nowhere. That shows there is a lot of work for Ferrari to do, to come close to beat Merc on merit. As an F1 fan, I would like to see a great battle between top teams, but just being a fanboy doesn't help.
Stop being so sensitive because someone said some "mean" things about your favorite team.
To help you in the first place, I am not a fan of any particular team. I just like anyone who is doing a great job, doesn't matter whether it is Ferrari, RB or Merc. It is one thing to be a fanboy and honestly support their team, but it is another when you insult someone, just because the person was trying to workout the reality of a complicated race.