2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Juzh

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

FoxHound wrote:
Juzh wrote:
FoxHound wrote::lol:
1 of 2000 posts, even then it was forced.
Some balance in your analysis!
I have to even yours out.
Is that really the case? I mean look how many times you've posted on Renault being rubbish.
It is fanatical, that is not a criticism, its an observation.
I also still have not seen you call out the red bull chassis the way you do with Renault.

Why is that?
Why haven't you on renault? All you've done is bash RB.
lets not do this here.
Last edited by Juzh on 12 Apr 2015, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

GPR-A duplicate2

F1NAC wrote:@GRA-A Ferrari didn't bring any upgrade, and Mercedes did big one. So this gap is ok for me. I didn't get overexcited after win cause with this progress during winter they are already winners for me. Will see in Spain how the things will go
I respect you mate, for being humble and continuing to support Ferrari. But lack of upgrades is an excuse to fall behind or is it cheating to bring upgrades? Was there anything stopping Ferrari from bringing their own upgrades? Because ultimately, the team that brings more developments that help move forward would win.
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 12 Apr 2015, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

zeph
zeph

Interesting standings after 3 GP's:

1 Hamilton 68
2 Vettel 55
3 Rosberg 51
4 Massa 30
5 Raikkonen 24
6 Bottas 18
7 Nasr 14
8 Ricciardo 11
9 Grosjean 6
10 Hulkenberg 6
11 Verstappen 6
12 Sainz 6
13 Ericsson 5
14 Kvyat 2
15 Perez 1

Biggest surprise to me is Nasr, really. And I'm happy to see Massa doing well. He was so darn unlucky in the first half of 2014, but now it is clear he is at the very least a match for Bottas.

SectorOne

Oh i got to see the press conference :)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Rosberg was fuming during the PC, he accused Hamilton to be too slow on purpose during the second stint. Hamilton answer that he have to make his race and it's not his job to think about Nico's race

F1NAC

GPR-A wrote:
F1NAC wrote:@GRA-A Ferrari didn't bring any upgrade, and Mercedes did big one. So this gap is ok for me. I didn't get overexcited after win cause with this progress during winter they are already winners for me. Will see in Spain how the things will go
I respect you mate, for being humble and continuing to support Ferrari. But lack of upgrades is an excuse to fall behind or is it cheating to bring upgrades? Was there anything stopping Ferrari from bringing their own upgrades?
No but they like a lot of us didn't expected before season that they will be that competitive. I didn't make any excuses, i'm just saying that Ferrari isn't that far and they can for sure challenge mercedes later in season which is a goal

SectorOne

zeph wrote:Interesting standings after 3 GP's:

1 Hamilton 68
2 Vettel 55
3 Rosberg 51
4 Massa 30
5 Raikkonen 24
6 Bottas 18
7 Nasr 14
8 Ricciardo 11
9 Grosjean 6
10 Hulkenberg 6
11 Verstappen 6
12 Sainz 6
13 Ericsson 5
14 Kvyat 2
15 Perez 1

Biggest surprise to me is Nasr, really. And I'm happy to see Massa doing well. He was so darn unlucky in the first half of 2014, but now it is clear he is at the very least a match for Bottas.
Even Formula 1 does not acknowledge Maldonado :D he´s not on the list lol.
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... dings.html
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

FoxHound

Juzh wrote:
FoxHound wrote: Why is that?
Why haven't you on renault? All you've done is bash RB.
lets not do this here.

No, I'm against Red Bull's PR policy of calling out Renault. It is not a constructive way to solve problems, and creates chasms within a working relationship. I thought that was clear from my posts.
I have said countless times Renault are well behind their own targets and in relation to Ferrari and Mercedes.

We know this.

But when a Torro Rosso is 10 seconds up the road of the fastest Red Bull, and beat them soundly in the last race, any PR or posts vilifying Renault are immediately redundant.

My position is, and has been, Red Bull need to quit the politics, shut up, help Renault and progress. In addition to their own shortcomings in the aero and chassis departments.

Is this an unreasonable position to maintain?
JET set

PlatinumZealot

Very entertaining race!
Barrels of fun up and down the track. :-)

Mercedes was back to form as soon as the Mediums went on. Good fight from Ferrari to run them so close up to then. Great job by Vettel, pushing the Ferrari to its limits. Nice comeback by Raikkonen on them mediums 4 laps fresher. He needs to up his pace on the softs though. I was looking forward to Ferrari scrap at the end tho i know there wasn't the pace to overtake anyway.

My, my how RedBull have fallen.... poor driving, poor strategy, poor race tactics.. just Bull piss poor all over...

Massa is shading Bottas three times in a row now. Not good for the young Bottas' stock. Great drive by them none the less.

Maldo Maldo Maldo... you clown, you lol... damn lucky you finished right behind your teammate!

Verstappen! the real deal. This is the guy that should be in the RedBull seat! Dump Kvyat! he is horrendous.

The Formula 1 tea leaves never lie... as expected Button is giving Alonso a hard time. I think Alonso will be in front as soon as they run the two cars the same. Right now the two cars are slightly different for data gathering purposes.

The guest interviewer for the race, Edwin Moses, was an unstoppable force in his hey day. The Schumacher of the 400 meter hurdles so he knows a thing or two about domination. Quite appropriate for him to be here (although he is really in China for the Laureus awards) but man, he talks so slow... I almost fell a sleep.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

AnthonyG

The engine needs to be sorted out before the freezing, not putting presure on your engine supplier because you, yourself have made some mistakes, is stupid.
The engine has a higher priority than the chassis.

Hitting out publicly, it's hard to judge if we don't know what happened internally between the two parties.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Jordan44

Nico is really showing worrying signs. Martin Brundle summed it up perfectly. If you don't want to be put in this position then overtake Lewis and actually attempt to race him. He's now trying to get every advantage he can out of the team. And I think this is a very poor attempt for him to get the team to favour him rather than Lewis.

He's a beaten man. He can't beat Lewis on track so he is trying to let politics influence things. The title fight will be between Sebastian and Lewis. Nico can't handle the pressure of 2 other contenders.

bauc

Good Race, especially mid and back end of the grid with a late show from BUT & MAL, so looking forward for the next race in 7 days from now.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

evered7
evered7

I think there could be some truth to what Rosberg is telling. Hamilton did a 1:42.xxx sometime very late in the stint after Rosberg pitted for his mediums. If he had that life in his tires then his earlier laps definitely didn't show it.

Ferrari were close to Mercedes on the softs and Rosberg often at 1.6-2 second before Vettel. It is all fair and dandy asking Rosberg to overtake but with similar cars on the same tires, it is easier said than done.

If Rosberg was blabbing, Mercedes wouldn't have had to chirp in Hamilton's ears about wanting to up the speed. Something definitely cooking inside Mercedes paddock.

Hamilton needs to play his cards carefully, he might need Rosberg's help later in the season if Ferrari close in on them.

djos

2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

Jonnycraig wrote:Well, the most interesting thing in this race so far has been the Ricciardo myth going pop even further =D>
More like Renault power plants going pop!

That's at least 4 in only 3 weekends! Dan was prolly driving with it turned down hoping to avoid yet another failure in his!
Last edited by djos on 12 Apr 2015, 11:09, edited 2 times in total.
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

evered7 wrote:I think there could be some truth to what Rosberg is telling. Hamilton did a 1:42.xxx sometime very late in the stint after Rosberg pitted for his mediums. If he had that life in his tires then his earlier laps definitely didn't show it.
I didn't watch that part, what did Rosberg say?
Ferrari were close to Mercedes on the softs and Rosberg often at 1.6-2 second before Vettel. It is all fair and dandy asking Rosberg to overtake but with similar cars on the same tires, it is easier said than done.

If Rosberg was blabbing, Mercedes wouldn't have had to chirp in Hamilton's ears about wanting to up the speed. Something definitely cooking inside Mercedes paddock.

Hamilton needs to play his cards carefully, he might need Rosberg's help later in the season if Ferrari close in on them.
Hmm.. could you explain what you mean here? It sounds like you are saying Hamilton was backing up Rosberg into the Ferraris...???
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028