2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

http://macofan.com/en/index.php?page=ch ... d=5_6_7_44

Possible RAI was saving tyres tho.

I loved his radio today. "Get this Mclaren out of my way!" to his old teammate Alonso. lol.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

SectorOne

PlatinumZealot wrote:http://macofan.com/en/index.php?page=ch ... d=5_6_7_44

I loved his radio today. "Get this Mclaren out of my way!" to his old teammate Alonso. lol.
I would say they are dead even on both compounds. The difference on the Medium compound was due to Vettel pitting earlier
(you see the same phenomenon with Rosberg, also having pitted earlier)

So i would say equal on pace but tire management goes to Raikkonen. Which is going to be very interesting to see how that plays out on other circuits where they will be entirely alone on track.

-

It´s also interesting to note that Ferrari had no chance at any point in the race to fight Mercedes, even if both teams had been forced to do a one stop race on only Soft tires.

Hamilton put in two consecutive 42,2´s on 17-18 lap old Soft tires.
Fastest laptime at any point of the race from Vettel was a 43.0 on completely fresh Soft tires.

That´s cruise mode level 1000.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

Hamilton vs Rosberg

gray41

Another one down for Lewis, at this rate he's on for another 10+ win season.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Shakeman

Lewis (and Seb) must be pissing himself laughing at Nico's distress signals.

Nico knows he can't take Lewis and is only concerned with taking a solid second. As Lewis pointed out Nico could've pushed his loud peddle harder and tried to get by...

Lewis was pacing himself off Nico which Seb used to do when he was leading so if anyone's at fault it's Nico for not pushing.

It also signals that the cars are more marginal or there has been a prearranged result before the race. I think it's the latter as if Merc allow Lewis and Nico to race they'll be miles down the road and the equalisation whining from whinemeister Horner will gain momentum. Merc had bags of time in hand over a flat out Ferrari.

ferkan
ferkan

Lewis/Merc were very dominant here. They went straight at it, very agressively. New updates, lots of long runs in FP and controled the race after changing to primes. Ferrari I think surprised with their pace because on softs they were very quick, especially compared to rest of the field but tire degradation advantage was of no use. Softs were very durable here...

Willims are 3rd team for sure, but really in no mans land. Cant really be treathened on power tracks, but can treathen Ferrari either so I think they can be positive about the rest of the season since they wont be battling Bulls for quite some time if that.

On to little Verstappen guy...He is properly amazing talent and is bound to be new superstar. So inteligent, so crafty with his race. Has alot of balls as well! Such a shame he got dnf, but was pretty damn amazing tbh. Ricciardo and RBR...I mean they are in ruins really. Daniel was soooo agressive to pass that Sauber, locking breaks all over the place because he wasnt able to overtake on longest straight in GP calendar with DRS. Really shows what kind of botch job they have done in last year. They are nowhere...Powerwise, driveability wise and reliability wise. Just terrible all around. Their coments about more power and agressive maps where just smokescreen. They have nothing on their hands, I knew that was bs as soon as I saw them running in OZ. Tough times ahead of RBR and Renault...

Hard to judge Mclaren as it didnt really look all that good in corners as in beginning of year. Quite a bit understeer but its probably the case of higher power output and poor driveability of that engine this early, and "good" chasis was probably masked by general slowness of that car in last two races. Not sure where Honda will be...They got the money, but this is a tough place to compete and Merc/Ferrari already have top engineers working on these units for quite some time with loads of experience in F1. Nonetheless its only up from here for McL at least.

F1NAC

Merhi received 5 seconds penalty and 2 penalty points for speeding under SC. So same punish like Button who swept Maldonado :wtf:

Edax
Edax

Shakeman wrote:Lewis (and Seb) must be pissing himself laughing at Nico's distress signals.
If you look at the body language of Hamilton and Seb during the interview session it seems more like compassion than malicious pleasure. Nico is not doing himself any favors here and they know it.

When you team mate is in front of you, you get on the radio and shout that you are much faster than him and want to overtake him. Even when you then actually don't do anything the whole world is going to believe that you were not allowed to by the team. Then you only have to smile mysteriously at the interview on why you did not overtake and the media will do the rest.

But someone with championship aspirations asking the car in front of him to drive "faster" :shock:

When you're serious about finishing first, the only car that you wished drives faster is the pace car.

iotar__

F1NAC wrote:Merhi received 5 seconds penalty and 2 penalty points for speeding under SC. So same punish like Button who swept Maldonado :wtf:
- Rules are rules =D> . High speed fouls are not dangerous, 0,02 speeding behind SC is.
- Maldonado sounded OK with Button but blamed brakes on pitlane entry spin, if it happened it happened but I still don't understand their strategy.

Shakeman

Edax wrote:
Shakeman wrote:Lewis (and Seb) must be pissing himself laughing at Nico's distress signals.
If you look at the body language of Hamilton and Seb during the interview session it seems more like compassion than malicious pleasure.
Not sure if many racing drivers are born with the ability to feel compassion.

astracrazy
astracrazy

Nico is really making himself look a bit silly. It makes you laugh, it was only a few weeks ago he wanted vettel to catch up but now they have and he poops it

windwaves
windwaves

PlatinumZealot wrote:http://macofan.com/en/index.php?page=ch ... d=5_6_7_44

LOL !!!!
Unbelievable

SiLo

I think the pace that the Mercs had over the Ferrari's on the mediums was quite impressive. Everyone within a few seconds of each other up until the mediums went on, then the next thing I know Hamilton was 20 seconds down the road of Vettel. I think the reason they were closer on softs was simply Merc being sensible and just conserving their tyres in case Ferrari had the pace and longevity across the soft stints. Turned out they really didn't.
Felipe Baby!

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

gray41 wrote:Another one down for Lewis, at this rate he's on for another 10+ win season.
*disclaimer*
In one of the most dominant cars in modern F1 history....

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

iotar__ wrote: - Rules are rules =D> . High speed fouls are not dangerous, 0,02 speeding behind SC is.
Actually, the safety car foul is the bigger issue because of the potential danger to marshals on the track. Under the safety car they expect the drivers to respect that they are in potentially dangerous places and behave accordingly. Drivers going at it with each other is what they're paid to do - they're also surrounded with just about the safest safety cells made by man. The marshals are surrounded only by an orange cotton overall. That's the difference.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.