Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

AnthonyG wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:Love all this talk about the paint being lighter when the front breaks, the engine, the set up, the ERS are all still not working at 100% :mrgreen:
For once and for all

This is a break
[url]http://www.blogcdn.com/jobs.aol.com/art ... ges-293url]

This is a brake
[url]http://scoobytuner.com/newsImages.original/119.]

You understand this is the internet, it's not serious, and I don't often proof read my posts?

I only need to be a grammar nazi during my job. As soon as posting here becomes a chore because we have people like yourself bitching at every slip of the finger (and getting 4 upvotes - really), then I'll not be back lol.

What I'm trying to say is I don't care if spelling mistakes are plentiful, you taking issue is entirely your issue. There are plenty of other grammar 'howlers' all over this board, but it is what you come to expect on an international forum, and most have the good grace to just ignore it.
Last edited by JimClarkFan on 11 May 2015, 14:31, edited 5 times in total.

diffuser

In the optimistic information area. I was looking at the Quali best sector times http://www.fia.com/events/formula-1-wor ... fication-5

Happy to note that Alonzo was 11th in S3 which bodes well for Monaco.

In the thrown the baby out with the bath water subject, we used to be able to see corner speed on the track map on f1.com. I can find that anywhere.

Abarth

JimClarkFan wrote: You understand this is the internet, it's not serious, and I don't often proof read my posts?

I only need to be a grammar nazi during my job. As soon as posting here becomes a chore because we have people like yourself bitching at every slip of the finger (and getting 4 upvotes - really), then I'll not be back lol.

What I'm trying to say is I don't care if spelling mistakes are plentiful, you taking issue is entirely your issue. There are plenty of other grammar 'howlers' all over this board, but it is what you come to expect on an international forum, and most have the good grace to just ignore it.
Don't take it so seriously....at least it may help someone to better understand the finesse of English language, me included.
:)

Abarth

diffuser wrote:In the optimistic information area. I was looking at the Quali best sector times http://www.fia.com/events/formula-1-wor ... fication-5

In the thrown the baby out with the bath water subject, we used to be able to see corner speed on the track map on f1.com. I can find that anywhere.
AND, due to the long corners in Barcelona, it would really have more wight than in the previous tracks, as driving style is equalized somewhat better.

jfxavier
jfxavier

diffuser wrote:In the optimistic information area. I was looking at the Quali best sector times http://www.fia.com/events/formula-1-wor ... fication-5

Can someone who has the info post the speed trap figures from the Spanish GP?
Just to see if any progress in the top speed.

dr_cooke
dr_cooke

jfxavier wrote:

Can someone who has the info post the speed trap figures from the Spanish GP?
Just to see if any progress in the top speed.
http://www.fia.com/events/formula-1-wor ... fication-5

Carlos Sainz said on Saturday (or maybe Friday?) that he had spent quite a long time behind the McLarens and their pace were similar to his. On race trim at least, it seems that the Toro Rosso works great with low weight. He said top speeds were similar or higher to his and cornering was also similar, but acceleration was not. In my opinion there was quite an improvement in Barcelona and still a big portion of the lost time is linked only to acceleration, which you can see by the top speeds in each sector.

Button made the 6th fastest S3 during the race (12th S2 and 14th S1)

proteus

At least one shining point from Buttons drive was, if the car was handling very bad, he was still not so much off the pace to the end of the race. LAst 10-15 laps he was actually somewhere in the pace of Riciardo, Sainz, Groesjan and Verstappen (being faster than Kvyat, both FIndias Saubers and Marussias). Ofcourse noone knows how much they all backed off but its a small glimpse of hope that maybe they are not so far off the points...Shame that Alonsos brakes went in flame
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

trinidefender
trinidefender

Slow in lower speed acceleration but with a decent top speed, as a quoted by sainz from the post above would be indicative of a car with a weak engine but low drag. Drag is the dominating factor in these cars when it comes to top speed as it takes a very large increase in engine power just to get a few mph increase.

CjC
CjC

trinidefender wrote:Slow in lower speed acceleration but with a decent top speed, as a quoted by sainz from the post above would be indicative of a car with a weak engine but low drag. Drag is the dominating factor in these cars when it comes to top speed as it takes a very large increase in engine power just to get a few mph increase.
The mclaren did seem to have a skinny rear wing this weekend.

Unrelated to the post-
I heard that the mclaren lacks rear down force (heard that before) but I can't remember who said it, I think might have been Ted Kravitz on Sky.
Just a fan's point of view

dr_cooke
dr_cooke

CjC wrote:
trinidefender wrote:Slow in lower speed acceleration but with a decent top speed, as a quoted by sainz from the post above would be indicative of a car with a weak engine but low drag. Drag is the dominating factor in these cars when it comes to top speed as it takes a very large increase in engine power just to get a few mph increase.
The mclaren did seem to have a skinny rear wing this weekend.

Unrelated to the post-
I heard that the mclaren lacks rear down force (heard that before) but I can't remember who said it, I think might have been Ted Kravitz on Sky.
If webaccept Sáinz's quote, Mcl has weak engine and low drag, that's clear, but he said cornering speed was similar, so downforce level should be similar, at least, to Toro Rosso (5th on the grid, 9th in the race). If that's the case, would more power allow a little bit more Df?

ollandos
ollandos

toro rosso is on other way about tyres .....taking more from tyres with high deg .....mclaren maybe is faster on long run ..
its from tyre managment ....the 2 cars working tyres very different...(something like mercedes 2013)

diffuser

comparing these 2 pictures of the back of the MP4-30 one from Spain the other from Bahrain....

Looks like they haven't changed anything ...

Alonso Fan

diffuser wrote:comparing these 2 pictures of the back of the MP4-30 one from Spain the other from Bahrain....

Looks like they haven't changed anything ...

http://f1tcdn.net/gallery/var/resizes/2 ... 9my238.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CuzkuiFuX0U/V ... 0ap183.jpg

I think ted said they ran a new diffuser
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

KingHamilton01

Does anyone have information about planned upgrades to run at this test? I would have thought this will be massively important to get a big upgrade package to look at in testing, Engine included! I guess well see today?
McLaren Mercedes

mclaren111

There is an article in Autosport, but it does not specify details