2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Jonnycraig wrote:
SectorOne wrote:That so called best strategist in the paddock needs to pack his bags and leave. He f up in Malaysia and he F up now.
To just toss away a 1-2 like that is f incredible.
Hamilton went too fast and caught the crawling safety car...
We dont know that for sure, and even if it was the case they shouldn't have risked it anyway!

gandharva

LOL @Merc

Guess it was because of the temp. virtual safety car. But stupid anyway...
Last edited by gandharva on 24 May 2015, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

ChrisM40 wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
SectorOne wrote:That so called best strategist in the paddock needs to pack his bags and leave. He f up in Malaysia and he F up now.
To just toss away a 1-2 like that is f incredible.
Hamilton went too fast and caught the crawling safety car...
We dont know that for sure, and even if it was the case they shouldn't have risked it anyway!
Why shouldn't they risk it, he was 26 secs ahead, comfortable gap but he went too fast and blew it.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

J0rd4n wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Incredible scenes with the Hamilton fans melting down over Hamiltons own error.

Incredible that Ricciardo avoided a penalty as well.
Hamilton's own error? It was not his decision to pit. The team told him to do it and he obeyed.
He was too fast under the SC and caught it, loosing him P1 & P2. Driver error, as Toto has just said to Sky.
Last edited by Jonnycraig on 24 May 2015, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

f1316
f1316

zeph wrote:Most undeserved win ever. I won't be surprised if they're gonna boo him on the podium.
Well it's not his fault that he won but I don't know why he's celebrating like that; he didn't really do anything, just lucked in.

SectorOne

Jonnycraig wrote:Why shouldn't they risk it, he was 26 secs ahead, comfortable gap but he went too fast and blew it.
Not true. It doesn´t matter how fast he would have gone because the safety car sets the ultimate pace anyways.

You can go slow and not catch the safety car and lose time.
Or you can go as fast as you are allowed and catch the safety car and still lose time.

The team messed up big time.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Feel sorry for Lewis, team fukked up bad, but god dam he is a drama queen

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Jonnycraig wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Incredible scenes with the Hamilton fans melting down over Hamiltons own error.

Hamilton's own error? It was not his decision to pit. The team told him to do it and he obeyed.
He was too fast under the SC and caught it, loosing him P1 & P2. Driver error, as Toto has just said to Sky.
I think you must be in a parallel universe because the gap wasnt that big and he said nothing of the sort.

AnthonyG

Jonnycraig wrote: Why shouldn't they risk it, he was 26 secs ahead, comfortable gap but he went too fast and blew it.
He should have pitted instantly, by the time he pitted, the gap was reduced to 20 secs to Rosberg...
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Jordan44

Jonnycraig wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:

Stop talking crap. Toto very clearly said on Sky it was the teams error no doubt.

Felipe 92

=D>
I enjoyed last 2 pages of Ham fanboys whining. Lewis made a mistake but of course it`s everybody`s fault except his.

henra
henra

SectorOne wrote:That so called best strategist in the paddock needs to pack his bags and leave.
Although it was obviously a gross error in hindsight the same would have been said had they left Lewis on the Primes and Vettel changed to Options and would have overtaken after restart. It was a split seconds decision and they had to decide before Vettel. Had they decided to Change Nicos tyres instead of Lewis' to cover Seb and had he been able to overtake Lewis after the restart everyone would have cried bloody murder. So it was a clear lose-lose Situation for that poor strategy guy. I wouldn't want to have been in his shoes in that Situation, honestly
Last edited by henra on 24 May 2015, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

NoDivergence
NoDivergence

^You must be seriously deluded. He should not have been pitted at all, period. Anything beyond that is moot point.

bauc

Holy ---, why did Mercedes pitted HAM, surely they had the numbers about the gap & everything else. This is bad for HAM but good for the championship
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Pierce89

JimClarkFan wrote:Feel sorry for Lewis, team fukked up bad, but god dam he is a drama queen
I couldn't agree more. Lewis deserved the win but in racing, deserving a win doesn't get a win. Crossing the line first gets you the win.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher