2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

GPR-A wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Weird, it's as if they are not treating drivers equally.

Does their pay package sound anything like that? Oh one more time time to add into your book, Mercedes did gave a pit stop to Nico out of turn as he was SLOW and couldn't pull out a gap to Ferrari like Lewis did. Please record this.
They gave one to Hamilton in Austria '14 because he was slow too, and in Barcelona recently. That's actually the opposite of unequal treatment. Wages depend on other factors like market and marketing, I don't see a connection but if you insist. In case you all forgot on Rosberg's side: wrong tyre strategy and lack of info in Malaysia, strategy that put him behind Vettel twice in Bahrain, sending too late in Q China. Those from last season already mentioned with the closest ones in Canada and Silverstone.

http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/05/24/vers ... for-crash/ Verstappen blames Grosjean #-o , he should get 10 places for incident and another 10 places for not understanding that he was lucky and it was only his fault. Maybe it would help his teenage brain that is only used to F3 racing, clearly current penalty served no purpose, I hope Whiting will comment on that. Another arrogant "blame everyone but yourself" and "I can get away with anything" Red Bull program driver. At least he didn't blame tyres this time.

turbof1

Toto Wolf wrote:In Monaco, you have no GPS and that makes the whole exercise more difficult.
#AeroFrodo

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

iotar__ wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
iotar__ wrote: http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/05/24/vers ... for-crash/ Verstappen blames Grosjean #-o , he should get 10 places for incident and another 10 places for not understanding that he was lucky and it was only his fault. Maybe it would help his teenage brain that is only used to F3 racing, clearly current penalty served no purpose, I hope Whiting will comment on that. Another arrogant "blame everyone but yourself" and "I can get away with anything" Red Bull program driver. At least he didn't blame tyres this time.
As is said, the stewards obviously saw something in the data that at least partially backs up Verstappen, Grosjean was visually slow from the overhead as seen on TV. Yes, he should have avoided it, but yes Grosjeans action initiated the problem.

Max seems to be suffering because of his age from both sides. 'He's a genius for being so young', and 'he must be at fault because he's so young'.

GPR-A duplicate2

iotar__ wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Weird, it's as if they are not treating drivers equally.

Does their pay package sound anything like that? Oh one more time time to add into your book, Mercedes did gave a pit stop to Nico out of turn as he was SLOW and couldn't pull out a gap to Ferrari like Lewis did. Please record this.
They gave one to Hamilton in Austria '14 because he was slow too, and in Barcelona recently.
Neither times Lewis was behind Nico and hence it was not SLOW, like Nico got when he was behind Lewis and that is why he was SLOW.
iotar__ wrote: http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/05/24/vers ... for-crash/ Verstappen blames Grosjean #-o , he should get 10 places for incident and another 10 places for not understanding that he was lucky and it was only his fault. Maybe it would help his teenage brain that is only used to F3 racing, clearly current penalty served no purpose, I hope Whiting will comment on that. Another arrogant "blame everyone but yourself" and "I can get away with anything" Red Bull program driver. At least he didn't blame tyres this time.
The amount of speed that Verstappen was carrying when he came in contact with Grosjean, there was no way he could have made the pass stick even if he hadn't touched and result couldn't have been much different. The kid simply got carried away with the prospect of the possibility of an overtake. It was simply being too ambitious and a penalty would definitely put him into perspective.

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

GPR-A wrote: The amount of speed that Verstappen was carrying when he came in contact with Grosjean, there was no way he could have made the pass stick even if he hadn't touched and result couldn't have been much different. The kid simply got carried away with the prospect of the possibility of an overtake. It was simply being too ambitious and a penalty would definitely put him into perspective.
It only seemed he was going fast because Grosjean was going slow.

GPR-A duplicate2

Not sure, what to conclude here.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Nothing more but how big a stupid rookie adolescent driver can be, Max thought the overtaking will be a cake walk

SectorOne

Grosjean made his intention clear long before they hit the brakes. Verstappen had a brilliant race but this was 100% his own fault.
Inexperience i guess.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Wow, that was exceptional "error" on Mercedes part. If I were Hamilton I would sue them :) It is *that* moronic mistake it almost look sabotage, deserves a court hearing. Just wow...

Also, I think Ricardo's move on Raikkonen was definitely dangerous. Shame on the double standards.. If that is not causing collusion I don't know what does.

evered7
evered7

I m not sure how was he going to slow down for the turn. If not this wall, he would have crashed a little further if he managed to pass Grosjean. Got a little too excited seeing a sitting duck in front of him I think. Still a good work out in Monaco and great instincts to stick to Vettel and pass others.

A normal Monaco livened by the stooges at Mercedes. Its a good thing they have a fast car with their name on it. They make Ferrari strategist (from Alonso's time) look like geniuses.

Hamilton must take some blame as well for he worked with the team to go for that strategy. I guess the VSC/SC tricked Mercedes into pitting Hamilton and that he had to wait till the Manor passed him to get going from his box. Rosberg gets a lucky break; will be interesting to see how he works with it.

Canada is a Hamilton stronghold circuit. Good that they have SS and S as the tire choice (2014's). Will help Ferrari massively. The first few laps after the SC was alarming as to how quickly Rosberg pulled away. The car takes eons to get the tires up to temperature. But Vettel able to stick around Rosberg for pretty much the entire race, gives cause for optimism.

andartop
andartop

People calling for heads to roll at Merc, please review Ferrari strategic calls over the past 5 years...
Mistakes happen in F1, especially when a second or two can make such a difference. Always been the case.
It's not like there is any real fight for the WDC anyway, so why so much fuss?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

f1316
f1316

Unfortunate/undeserved as the result may have been, purely from a close championship perspective it was a good thing.

Since we first heard about Ferrari's engine step coming at Canada (and the fact they have three 'free' tokens over Mercedes to use) I always hoped they'd at least be in touch by the time it rolled around. With vettel only just over a race win behind, you'd have to say that if (and it's a big if) this upgrade could get them to a position where they can race Mercedes, anything's possible.

Even if it's not going to happen (but we shouldn't forget that Arrivabene is expecting a fix for their traction issue at the same time and their high speed corner performance is already good) the points gap between the Mercedes pair is now really quite close. As much as Hamilton seems by and large the quicker guy this year, it still adds some interest for them to be close.

PlatinumZealot

This race really had me gutted. But alas this is Monaco, when it's not a boring procession it's a roll of the dice.THe only upside for me is Hamilton will come out stronger from this and mark my words, it'll be total domination from here on out.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Jordan44

PlatinumZealot wrote:This race really had me gutted. But alas this is Monaco, when it's not a boring procession it's a roll of the dice.THe only upside for me is Hamilton will come out stronger from this and mark my words, it'll be total domination from here on out.
I hope you are right, but the incidents in Monaco 2014 really affected his performance in the European part of the season and I fear this could happen again and with Ferrari closer this year it might be far more costly. Different circumstances though, Hamilton always defeats adversity in the end.

f1316
f1316

J0rd4n wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:This race really had me gutted. But alas this is Monaco, when it's not a boring procession it's a roll of the dice.THe only upside for me is Hamilton will come out stronger from this and mark my words, it'll be total domination from here on out.
I hope you are right, but the incidents in Monaco 2014 really affected his performance in the European part of the season and I fear this could happen again and with Ferrari closer this year it might be far more costly. Different circumstances though, Hamilton always defeats adversity in the end.
Like any superhero... :roll: