2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

Nobody mentioned Sainz, he was lucky his team mate crashed with Grosjean so he got last point, but even so going from pitlane to the points in Monaco with a STR deserve some mention I think
Last edited by Andres125sx on 25 May 2015, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

And Williams.... omg, what´s happening with them?

SilverArrow10

Andres125sx wrote:And Williams.... omg, what´s happening with them?
Their car is rubbish around Monaco, they said as much on Wednesday before the weekend even started, back to being third best in Canada I think
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

bdr529

GPR-A wrote:
bdr529 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:How idiotic Nico was looking there, celebrating a win that he fully know he didn't earned. I remember when Barrichello left the race win to Michael, Michael was far more gracious. May be that's the difference between great drivers and cheap ones.
Whats is he real going to do, He knows the win was lucky, he said so on the podium,
Don't worry though Hamilton will show his displeasure with the team by wearing his street clothes and gold chains for the team photo
Hey pierce, you said there is none who dislikes Lewis, you got one here.
I said that with confidence, because I'm a Hamilton fan, not because I dislike him, I'm just honest with my opinions
Unfortunately he didn't show for the photo so I don't know what he is wearing,. Most likely his Pajamas

Mandrake
Mandrake

Not showing up for a picture is immature. Life goes on......Podium is still better than a DNF or no point-finish. So instead of thanking the team for at least supplying him with superb material the whole weekend, he slaps them in the face by not showing up? Good boi

I wonder what the contract negotiations were like with him. Whether it was all about money in the end. I acknowledge the fact he is a top driver, 2xWDC and does deserve a fair portion of wage. But as adding brand value for Mercedes, I don't think he does a lot. He's probably a good F1 promotor in the states, but not for Europe in general or for Mercedes. He's certainly not a "role model" for Mercedes customers.

SectorOne

The best thing he can take away from this weekend was that he blitzed Rosberg on a different level then what we have seen this year.
I´m amazed Rosberg could not gap Vettel all race long.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Jordan44

Mandrake wrote:Not showing up for a picture is immature. Life goes on......Podium is still better than a DNF or no point-finish. So instead of thanking the team for at least supplying him with superb material the whole weekend, he slaps them in the face by not showing up? Good boi

I wonder what the contract negotiations were like with him. Whether it was all about money in the end. I acknowledge the fact he is a top driver, 2xWDC and does deserve a fair portion of wage. But as adding brand value for Mercedes, I don't think he does a lot. He's probably a good F1 promotor in the states, but not for Europe in general or for Mercedes. He's certainly not a "role model" for Mercedes customers.
He thanked the team in the podium interviews. That is more than enough. He would of been far more down than Nico or himself have ever been in the past so I'm not surprised he didn't turn up.

Both Merc drivers are as bad as each other. Nico's reaction in China, Lewis's reaction today, they both are sore losers.

He was ranked one of the world's most marketable sports people. He is certainly a role model for Mercedes-Benz customers all over the world and he sells them cars.

Gaz.
Gaz.

Mandrake wrote:Not showing up for a picture is immature. Life goes on......Podium is still better than a DNF or no point-finish. So instead of thanking the team for at least supplying him with superb material the whole weekend, he slaps them in the face by not showing up? Good boi

and yet they pay him more in base salary than the entire Daimler AG board of directors even if you include their bonuses and share options. He must add something over his pay cheque or they could trouser £30m and hire Hulkenberg instead.
Forza Jules

Chuckjr

The strategists at Merc are indeed useless. They've shown twice already they are horrible at their job and should be fired.

As for Lewis not showing for the TEAM photo...I guess we all know who the TEAM players are at Merc. Lewis even said at a post race interview that "they win and lose together as a team". I guess that statement does not include team photos, Lewis? Wtf. Smh.

The sour puss attitude is pathetic. For gods sakes the guy is on the podium in Monaco representing one of the most prestigious brands on the planet, and he reneges on them despite the fact they are paying him 50M a year...to drive a car. Wth? That is why he is not respectable as a competitor on so many levels. He really is a talented driver absolutely, but wow the queen in him just makes him so repudiating.
Watching F1 since 1986.

SilverArrow10

Chuckjr wrote:The strategists at Merc are indeed useless. They've shown twice already they are horrible at their job and should be fired.

As for Lewis not showing for the TEAM photo...I guess we all know who the TEAM players are at Merc. Lewis even said at a post race interview that "they win and lose together as a team". I guess that statement does not include team photos, Lewis? Wtf. Smh.

The sour puss attitude is pathetic. For gods sakes the guy is on the podium in Monaco representing one of the most prestigious brands on the planet, and he reneges on them despite the fact they are paying him 50M a year...to drive a car. Wth? That is why he is not respectable as a competitor on so many levels. He really is a talented driver absolutely, but wow the queen in him just makes him so repudiating.
and breath..... in and out. You finished ranting about something so small and irrelevant it only appeared in the Daily Mail?
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

mrluke
mrluke

We love lewis for wearing his heart on his sleeve. If that means he is a bit sulky when stuff doesn't go his way then great, rather that than 20 PR machines.

SiLo

mrluke wrote:We love lewis for wearing his heart on his sleeve. If that means he is a bit sulky when stuff doesn't go his way then great, rather that than 20 PR machines.
Couldn't agree more.

I thought it was pretty obvious that pretty much no amount of tyre and pace advantage can help you at Monaco... Especially when you're already sitting in the fastest car on the grid but a fair margin. It's quite damaging to his title aspirations because instead of being 27 points ahead, he is now only 10. I guess it will make things a bit more interesting, but once again like last year the closeness feels a little artificial because of either reliability/screw ups.

Ironically Rosberg is now technically 3 times better than Hamilton around here.
Felipe Baby!

turbof1

Guys, can we PLEASE move forward from this? It happened; time can't be rolled back and the subject keeps going in endless circles.
#AeroFrodo

Tim.Wright

C'mon turbs, locking the Monaco thread has become a yearly tradition - why stop now?
Not the engineer at Force India

NathanOlder

Lets just see what happens come November. Just remember this was 17 points taken away from Lewis vs Nico. That was the difference heading into the last race in 2014
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC