Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder18
Thunder18

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

I've yet to see Adrian Newey design a championship winning engine

Thunder

I don't think (or hope) we're talking about completely different PU Designs but more slight Variations of the same Design route to see what's best for the Future.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Facts Only
Facts Only

Thunder18 wrote:I've yet to see Adrian Newey design a championship winning engine
It doesn't matter whats being designed. Its the design philosiphy, understanding and process that matters.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Facts Only
Facts Only

Thunders wrote:I don't think (or hope) we're talking about completely different PU Designs but more slight Variations of the same Design route to see what's best for the Future.
If by this point in time they dont understand what the best design route is then its bad news. They're only 6 months away from the 2016 season.

If Mclaren Honda win a race next season I'll happily be stripped of all my upvotes.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

FW17

May be one is with present token system and the other is without any redevelopment restriction

Thunder18
Thunder18

Facts Only wrote:
Thunder18 wrote:I've yet to see Adrian Newey design a championship winning engine
It doesn't matter whats being designed. Its the design philosiphy, understanding and process that matters.
If you understand the Honda mentality, then it's test, test, and test again.

Thunder18
Thunder18

Thunder18 wrote:
Facts Only wrote:
If you understand the Honda mentality, then it's test, test, and test again.
Fitting!, that this should be released today.... :D

https://youtu.be/MRDluXzgT7w

diffuser

alexx_88 wrote:I think choosing the head of PU development in a Japanese company more on how good is his English than his engineering skills wouldn't be the best idea in the world. :)

However, why not bring in a translator? Wazari, would there be any reasons in Honda's corporate culture that makes this a bad idea?
You know, that's not what I said.....

When hiring, a company like Honda could attract many Resumes. What I've seen in the computer industry is you'll end up with 2 or 3 people with very similar skill level. Then you look at other things as differentiators.

Any ways, I like Arai.

diffuser

Facts Only wrote:
Thunders wrote:I don't think (or hope) we're talking about completely different PU Designs but more slight Variations of the same Design route to see what's best for the Future.
If by this point in time they dont understand what the best design route is then its bad news. They're only 6 months away from the 2016 season.

If Mclaren Honda win a race next season I'll happily be stripped of all my upvotes.
For someone called "Facts Only" You've gone off on quite the rant with no idea what's in those 2 designs.

Facts Only
Facts Only

I'm pretty sure that the crankcase from a single cylinder test unit, it looks very very similar to the one I worked on.

GoranF1
GoranF1

How is this debate related to MP4-30 car thread?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

edu2703
edu2703

Lucky
Lucky

ImageImageImage

mclaren111

Carbon Fibre Plenum again: