2016 Fantasy Liveries topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djos

Re: 2016 Fantasy Liveries topic

I was under the impression that these days that, aside from the base color, everything else was a high tech, low weight, vinal wrap?
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

this is almost fapping material. for the lovvv of laawd mclaren just do this - otherwise you might see HAAS running away with that livery.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Thunder

Haas can gladly have it. The old McLaren Honda Marlboro Livery just doesn't fit modern F1 Cars imho.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Tim.Wright

Every time I see the massive hard-on people get over the old Marlboro livery I wonder what they would be dealing with today if in 1981 everybody did the same, insisting McLaren return to their orange livery, and the Marlboro livery was never invented...

This nostalgic BS really is stopping anything new from happening from movies to race liveries.
Not the engineer at Force India

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

since the red-white mclaren livery was due to the marlboro sponsorship,
and since Ferrari has that actual marlboro sponsorship,
and since Haas will have close tie with Ferrari,
who knows?

did this photoshop for funz. i like it actually!

but, admittedly, it already looks old and dated. it won't happen.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

FW17

Just for fun

Facts Only
Facts Only

Tim.Wright wrote:Every time I see the massive hard-on people get over the old Marlboro liveryliveries.
That really made me chuckle.

All you have to do is remember the basic rule of motorsport... that everything was better in the olden days than it is now.... but not so old that it was before you were born.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

THAT is the MOST GODLIKE livery i have seen since the JPS lotuses. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o
somebody, make it punishable by law for mclaren NOT to use this livery! :o

it looks too ferrari-ish to be very critical but still THE hottest livery i have seen yet! imagine that with the drivers wearing a golden overall with black parts and red shoes, gloves and accents :idea:

and BTW, Vettel for Mclaren? Now i've seen it all :mrgreen: i don't even dislike that!
Last edited by Manoah2u on 11 Jan 2016, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

7ka

Manoah2u wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vXJZ95JBP0s/V ... afiche.png

this is almost fapping material. for the lovvv of laawd mclaren just do this - otherwise you might see HAAS running away with that livery.
This ist great McLaren ! Great Job =D>

Hail22

Haas F1 Yellow fantasy livery:

Williams Fantasy livery with a touch of Porsche:

Equipe Renault. An older 2016 concept, still quite like it though:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

djos

Dam that Williams martini livery looks amazing!
"In downforce we trust"

Hail22

Another Fantasy livery that probably won't die anytime soon:

Now this livery, mmmm *gets serving spoon out*:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

turbof1

Tim.Wright wrote:Every time I see the massive hard-on people get over the old Marlboro livery I wonder what they would be dealing with today if in 1981 everybody did the same, insisting McLaren return to their orange livery, and the Marlboro livery was never invented...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 16c1ec.jpg

This nostalgic BS really is stopping anything new from happening from movies to race liveries.
I agree. In all honesty, their current livery appeals much more to me. Without anything against the fantastic work in fantasy liveries presented here, they really don't have to change Mclaren's livery. It wouldn't even make sense: people were acting all very nostalgic when Mclaren went back to Honda, hoping and praying for a... Marlboro livery. Marlboro is not a sponsor or even associated currently with Mclaren, and the combination Honda/Mclaren/Marlboro actually drove a few seasons at best.

No, Honda is associated with black and Mclaren with touches of orange. The current livery seems to very well be tuned for their respective brand colours.
#AeroFrodo

mclaren111

Bernie Ecclestone is worse than tabacco and alcohol put together for F1 :( #-o

RegerandeBull

Red Bull RB7 in one off "Snow Livery" for a promotional event in Austria with young Max Verstappen at the wheel.
http://imgur.com/a/7ToRS