F1 2016 pre-season testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
F1ern
F1ern

Re: F1 2016 pre-season testing

mikeerfol wrote:
bauc wrote:
Mansell89 wrote:34 laps before lunch for McLaren is a really important start for them. Clearly the Ferrari and Mercedes have head starts with reliability and out of the box pace, but Hondas reliability and dats gathering is massive, so a positive start but with plenty more hurdles and learns to come.
Jenson is already faster than his quali lap at Barcelona last year (1:27.854) Light at the end of the tunnel?
That lap was on mediums as well?
Do not compare test times with quali times here. The track is much faster in low temperatures.

KingHamilton01

Rachel Brookes ‏@RachelBrookesTV 2m2 minutes ago
Just spoke to Eric Boullier & he told me his first impression of the new Mclaren is "not good enough" after suffering a few issues this am.

Seem's even though we think it's better McLaren don't!
McLaren Mercedes

ollandos
ollandos

bad news............/???????????

http://prntscr.com/a6i2xn

ME4ME

Winter testing times can often be quicker than at the actual Spanish GP. If dry, the cold track delivers more grip.

Btw, there seems to be a huge demand for F1-news and info right now. Both F1fanatic and Motorsport.com seem to struggle with server capacity.
Luckily the new and improved F1technical keeps on going steady 8)

wickedz50
wickedz50

F1today.net crashed bang on lunch time!!

WaikeCU

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/statu ... 8781073408 Mercedes already on 1 race distance this year.

bauc

KingHamilton01 wrote:Rachel Brookes ‏@RachelBrookesTV 2m2 minutes ago
Just spoke to Eric Boullier & he told me his first impression of the new Mclaren is "not good enough" after suffering a few issues this am.

Seem's even though we think it's better McLaren don't!
Rachel Brookes ‏@RachelBrookesTV 15m15 minutes ago

He did follow up with it is just testing. They only managed 6 laps on day one last year - this mornings total is 35
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

KingHamilton01

bauc wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:
bauc wrote:
Jenson is already faster than his quali lap at Barcelona last year (1:27.854) Light at the end of the tunnel?
That lap was on mediums as well?
Not sure, I think soft
Medium compound according to Autosport live updates
McLaren Mercedes

ollandos
ollandos

the question is....ERS working ? as any other engine ?...

any document about speed trap?....

Kiril Varbanov

I have already placed my uneducated bets that Mclaren will be as bad as last year. Nothing from the outside of the car suggest things have been improved, nor the comments from Arai that the engine has "matured". if you are terminally ill, you don't need food additives - you need surgery.

Moreover, I bet a six pack beers that Haas will be faster than Mclaren on some tracks.

wickedz50
wickedz50

I assume a strong ERS is the first thing which the Honda engineers had priority on. Mclaren tweeted that they were happy with 35 laps before lunch, so hope thats resolved. We need some clear technical analysis on this from an expert. No website guru is currently commenting on it as yet.

Gerhardsa

What does Scrab's Autosport Tech Analysis say (posted during lunch on the Autosport live feed)?

WaikeCU

Tyre compounds doesn't mean anything at all right now. This is day 1 of Winter testing. As far as I can think of, it's all about getting as much data as possible. Data is invaluable right now with Winter testing getting more and more restricted. It's all about fingers crossed and hoping no hicups appear in an early stage and just getting the miles under the belt. Drive till the car doesn't want to anymore.

KingHamilton01

Kiril Varbanov wrote:I have already placed my uneducated bets that Mclaren will be as bad as last year. Nothing from the outside of the car suggest things have been improved, nor the comments from Arai that the engine has "matured". if you are terminally ill, you don't need food additives - you need surgery.

Moreover, I bet a six pack beers that Haas will be faster than Mclaren on some tracks.
Wow we haven't even had a full day of testing and your making prediction's, maybe that should go into the 2016 Pecking Order Speculation and Fantasy Thread......?
McLaren Mercedes

FrukostScones

14:35 - Grosjean told reporters in Barcelona his front wing failure happened at 320kph. Now, that's pretty spooky if you ask me!
http://en.f1i.com/live/
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.