F1 2016 pre-season testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mr.G

Re: F1 2016 pre-season testing

3800 vs 3600 it's not so bad for Ferrari and this way they can compare last year PU to the new one...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

superdowg316

Mercedes have announced that due to the high level of mileage the drivers have put in, they will split duties between morning and afternoon sessions. Rosberg should be the morning tomorrow then Hamilton in the afternoon then the roles reverse the next day.

They're going so long they're fatiguing the drivers. Now that's what I call reliability and data collecting.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Mr.G

How much stress can driver's neck withstand before they make them ill? I know they are trained however they surly don't trained for running for so long...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Felipe 92

max_speed wrote:
Chene_Mostert wrote: But what can you expect from a "reporter" that 90% of the time reports how "planted" and "solid" the Mercedes looks, even when doing a 1min 55 lap :?

PS.
I also think he is the Mercedes tweeter guy. 10/10 for their "quality" of tweets...
i completely agree to it. he lacks knowledge in F1 and ted's notebook is not at all a highlight. i find info/discussions by forum members way more useful to understand tech bits though we do have fair number of Ted's among us.
Peter Windsor and Craig Scarborough are doing much better job with their youtube reports, especially considering their budget.

Ted`s notebook :
40% - race and cars
10% - celebrities he saw
20% - some rubbish he heard in paddock
10% - Hamilton`s clothes
20% - he gets distracted by something and keeps on about it ( e.g. Barcelona test day 1 : "Jenson had a radio problem today" (sees McLaren guy washing tyres) "He looks a bit like me, what do you think Simon? Hmmm... Maybe not, anyway... )

wickedz50
wickedz50

McHon changed their engine overnite!! so is this the rogue one?

Rhodium

1158 wrote:
Rhodium wrote:can somebody make that for 2 days past ?
It's in this link

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analy ... ri-675307/

Here it is
http://cdn-7.motorsport.com/images/mgl/ ... 2-23rd.jpg

thanks, finaly, french website is not complete... :roll:

Juzh

Mr.G wrote:How much stress can driver's neck withstand before they make them ill? I know they are trained however they surly don't trained for running for so long...
F1 cars today are easy pickings (within F1 context). Corner loads are nothing like they used to be.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

It's not just peak corner loads. It's braking as well, which has higher loads than cornering ever has. Also, training is never the same as actual track time. As Hamilton said:
“I feel pretty good today, but I am sore,” he said on Tuesday night, having enjoyed 24 hours to recover. “If you drive a Formula 1 car for the first time, it doesn’t matter how much you train, the next day… It’s like doing a workout if you haven’t been to the gym for a couple of months, or something like that.

“Then the next day you have that soreness. It’s exactly the same.

“So I feel my neck a little bit and my lower back. Tomorrow I will be in the car again and we will be doing even more laps. I believe the goal for tomorrow is to hit 180.”
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Rhodium

hum...

1 hour and no Kimi on track ?
problem with the car ?

wickedz50
wickedz50

Rhodium wrote:hum...

problem with the car ?
Kimi must been partying out last nite!!! =D> =D> =D> hangover :P

max_speed
max_speed

wickedz50 wrote:
Rhodium wrote:hum...

problem with the car ?
Kimi must been partying out last nite!!! =D> =D> =D> hangover :P
leave it on me..i know what am i doing ...

Thunder

AMuS reports trouble with the Fuel System at Ferrari.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Chene_Mostert

Thunders wrote:AMuS reports trouble with the Fuel System at Ferrari.
The carbon hp pump.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

f1316
f1316

Felipe 92 wrote:
max_speed wrote:
Chene_Mostert wrote: But what can you expect from a "reporter" that 90% of the time reports how "planted" and "solid" the Mercedes looks, even when doing a 1min 55 lap :?

PS.
I also think he is the Mercedes tweeter guy. 10/10 for their "quality" of tweets...
i completely agree to it. he lacks knowledge in F1 and ted's notebook is not at all a highlight. i find info/discussions by forum members way more useful to understand tech bits though we do have fair number of Ted's among us.
Peter Windsor and Craig Scarborough are doing much better job with their youtube reports, especially considering their budget.

Ted`s notebook :
40% - race and cars
10% - celebrities he saw
20% - some rubbish he heard in paddock
10% - Hamilton`s clothes
20% - he gets distracted by something and keeps on about it ( e.g. Barcelona test day 1 : "Jenson had a radio problem today" (sees McLaren guy washing tyres) "He looks a bit like me, what do you think Simon? Hmmm... Maybe not, anyway... )
Don't know how he comes up with some of his conclusions "They [Ferrari] are quick - not as quick as Mercedes..."

Not saying he's wrong - I have no idea - just don't know how he knows that either, particularly since we know from Gene Haas' comments that the Melbourne spec PU will be different.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Fuel system problem on Kimi's car.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.