2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

namao wrote:An Austrian, 73-year-old Dr Marko is the head of Red Bull's driver development programme, which supports promising drivers in junior formula with the best progressing to its two Formula 1 teams - Red Bull and Toro Rosso.

Do you want to work at McDonald's serving burgers as an ex-F1 driver? Join now the Red Bull's Driver Academy !!! =D>

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status ... 3606339584
i sainz...err sense the butthurt is strong in this one :D

deal with it. Max taken to RedBull mothership for a reason. Sainz left with 'Rookie' Kvyat for a reason.
If Carlos was so good, he'd have that seat. He doesn't, and taking into account the previously posted
mentions that originally the desicion was kvyat vs da costa, and after da costa Sainz was to be seated,
then really, Max has earned this seat.

is it really so hard to take that Max is better than Sainz. some people really are blinded by nationalistic pride,
which is simple nonsense.

If Alonso is better than Hamilton, he's better. If Hamilton's better than Alonso, he's better. Same for every
driver. Blind pride to ostrich the head into the sand.

It was long coming and it happened suddenly. There's a reason teams are trying to haul in Max.
Mercedes, Ferrari have been outspoken on their interest in getting him aboard. Have not heard nor read
anything about 'sensation' Sainz. why? Coz he's not. He's good, he drives well, but that's what it is.

Here's hoping Max will win his first GP with RedBull racing @ Spain :mrgreen:
imagine the hatin

btw, about that RB driving academy stuff, Max was quickly added and embraced into the RB programme/team thanks to his outstanding, impressive and sensational results in karting and lower formulae racing. There already was interest from several F1 teams even before half of his maiden formula racing series season was under away. That tells you something.
Verstappen contraced RedBull because they promised and guaranteed him a racing seat @ Toro Rosso for 2015, whereas other teams promised him a test/reserve driver role in 2015 and a possible racing seat 2016. Since RedBull made this promise, they agreed and thus gotten in. He's only been part of RedBull since half 2014. Technically, Verstappen never was part of this academy. That makes verstappen what, the first non-academy driver to get a RB seat in [both] teams since what? since coulthard?

Was Sainz ever in the position to demand this stuff? No, Sainz alike Da Costa, are and were like 'DJ' Alguersuari [ another spaniard not making the cut ]. The BIG difference between all this is that from the start, Verstappen has been in the position to make the demands, whereas all the others only are able to say 'yes, amen'.

This is why Verstappen is a future F1 GP winner and highly potential F1 Champion, whereas the others barely even give the thought they might make it as a GP winner.

again, deal with it.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 05 May 2016, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

I should visit the next race, to hear the crowd boo for every overtake Verstappen makes.

WaikeCU

But still... 4 races in and Kvyat gets the boot? Might have done that before the season started. This is harsh and very disrespectful towards any driver. Kvyat hasn't driven a single mile in that Toro Rosso, so expect Sainz to beat Kvyat in the upcoming races. What would mean that to us? Sainz is also better than Kvyat? To me Kvyat becomes Sainz' sparring partner till the end of the season. Just horrible...

Funniest thing would be if Kimi decides to call it quits at the end of the season and gets replaced by... Kvyat. Imagine that happening! :D

Phil

This is gonna be interesting and highly entertaining. The biggest hot head now along side an IMO very strong driving Daniel Ricciardo.

If Max outperforms Dan in a genuine way (not through circumstance), this will be a bit of a set back for Dans career prospects outside Redbull i think. If however Max falls behind, some of the excitement will die down as people might consider that he is not the next coming after all and this then would perhaps put Ricciardo back into focus with other teams, especially in the short term.

One way or another, it is going to be fascinating to watch. With Max's arrogance, i cant wait to see the explosions when he is stuck behind his team mate.

Then again, maybe after being promoted to the big team will he calm down a bit, now that he wont have to prove himself against a teammate of equal status. Unless he sees this as an opportunity to promote himself further to other teams, then that bit of arrogance might only add to the hype already surrounding him.

I feel gutted for Kvyat, i feel he didnt deserve this, but at the same time, i dont care for him as a RedBull driver either. His days there were numbered anyway. So this swap will just add that bit more entertainment to the 2016 season.

I will definately be getting some popcorn ready for the next race, that's for sure.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Kvyat @ Ferrari, seriously? no imagination reasons that.

And no, it's not 'just' 4 races and Kvyat gets the boot. Kvyat has - as this topic has shown - had it coming since last year. F1 is not a world of fur and unicorns, and disrespectful? Why?
Kvyat simply doesnt make the cut, and succumbs under the pressure of the mothership team. It has been talked about before 2015 commenced, when Vettel left unexpectedly.
He's had a full year and instead of improving, he sinks further and further every session. It was long due coming.

The timing to me is a bit suspicious though. One might be inclined to think RedBull wanted to ditch Kvyat but decided to wait untill the Russian GP is over - the reason why is clear i say.
Perhaps even under pressure from ecclestone, who knows. Meanwhile, Kvyat will be out of F1 end of 2016 - perhaps earlier - and for the next Russian GP, there's one coming @ Renault.

Verstappen this year had a lot of mechanical failures, including the Russian GP. If he had finished this GP, he'd been what, 1 point apart from Kvyat? Whilst 16 points ahead of Sainz....
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

szilva01
szilva01

With Max's arrogance, i cant wait to see the explosions when he is stuck behind his team mate.
I dont expect him to match Dan's pace.
--

f1316
f1316

djos wrote:
f1316 wrote:It is funny that he's also scored the team's only podium this season.

Nevertheless, it's bold and decisive and I like it. Sainz probably a bit miffed too though.
He did get lucky with that tho, without Ricciardo getting a puncture Kyvat would have been lucky to get 4th.
Agreed.

As I say, I think it's correct and kudos for having the guts to do it

superdowg316

When was the last time 2 drivers swapped teams midseason? Alesi and Frentzen to Jordan and Prost in 2001 would have to be the last wouldn't it?

Back on topic, this move will either bring 3 things: 1: Ricciardo and Verstappen push each other to the max and are equal, which helps with future employment, 2: Daniel outperforms Max and the Verst-hyppen dies down and Max's career is in trouble, 3: Max outperforms Daniel and suddenly Daniel's career is in trouble.

Either way, Spain will be the most interesting race of the first half of the year, at least drama wise.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Chuckjr

imo, its a look for 2017. see if the kid can deliver under pressure suddenly. I think its a shrewd move. Max was going to get courted by big teams anyway which would mean a huge contract and possibly he just jumps ship--crazier things have happened. This gets Max in the fold before his price goes up and a look to see just how good he is before commitments are made for 2017. Nobody is a guarantee.
Just my 2 cents.
Watching F1 since 1986.

WaikeCU

Manoah2u wrote:Kvyat @ Ferrari, seriously? no imagination reasons that.

And no, it's not 'just' 4 races and Kvyat gets the boot. Kvyat has - as this topic has shown - had it coming since last year. F1 is not a world of fur and unicorns, and disrespectful? Why?
Kvyat simply doesnt make the cut, and succumbs under the pressure of the mothership team. It has been talked about before 2015 commenced, when Vettel left unexpectedly.
He's had a full year and instead of improving, he sinks further and further every session. It was long due coming.

The timing to me is a bit suspicious though. One might be inclined to think RedBull wanted to ditch Kvyat but decided to wait untill the Russian GP is over - the reason why is clear i say.
Perhaps even under pressure from ecclestone, who knows. Meanwhile, Kvyat will be out of F1 end of 2016 - perhaps earlier - and for the next Russian GP, there's one coming @ Renault.

Verstappen this year had a lot of mechanical failures, including the Russian GP. If he had finished this GP, he'd been what, 1 point apart from Kvyat? Whilst 16 points ahead of Sainz....

Just what if's, just like you are implying what if Verstappen didn't have mechanical failures. There are no things such as what if's. If that's the case, then Kvyat would have gotten off the line in Australia.

Of course there's no reason why Kvyat is going to be with Ferrari, but yeah just me thinking 'What if' as well. :wink:

And what if Verstappen is slower than Ricciardo? Then Marko will just say, it's a learning phase as an excuse.

Worst situation now would be if Verstappen turns out to be slower than Ricciardo and Kvyat turns out to be quicker than Sainz. Or some might even think Kvyat won't be even racing in Spain. Red Bull have quickly deleted following tweet.
https://twitter.com/Marco111267/status/ ... 0987444224 Kvyat's twitter is still showing him as a driver for Red Bull Racing. Funny that Verstappen is already preparing with Red Bull Racing, whereas there's no sign of Kvyat at Toro Rosso in Faenza.

namao
namao

Manoah2u wrote:
namao wrote:An Austrian, 73-year-old Dr Marko is the head of Red Bull's driver development programme, which supports promising drivers in junior formula with the best progressing to its two Formula 1 teams - Red Bull and Toro Rosso.

Do you want to work at McDonald's serving burgers as an ex-F1 driver? Join now the Red Bull's Driver Academy !!! =D>

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status ... 3606339584
i sainz...err sense the butthurt is strong in this one :D

deal with it. Max taken to RedBull mothership for a reason. Sainz left with 'Rookie' Kvyat for a reason.
If Carlos was so good, he'd have that seat. He doesn't, and taking into account the previously posted
mentions that originally the desicion was kvyat vs da costa, and after da costa Sainz was to be seated,
then really, Max has earned this seat.

is it really so hard to take that Max is better than Sainz. some people really are blinded by nationalistic pride,
which is simple nonsense.

If Alonso is better than Hamilton, he's better. If Hamilton's better than Alonso, he's better. Same for every
driver. Blind pride to ostrich the head into the sand.

It was long coming and it happened suddenly. There's a reason teams are trying to haul in Max.
Mercedes, Ferrari have been outspoken on their interest in getting him aboard. Have not heard nor read
anything about 'sensation' Sainz. why? Coz he's not. He's good, he drives well, but that's what it is.

Here's hoping Max will win his first GP with RedBull racing @ Spain :mrgreen:
imagine the hatin

https://40.media.tumblr.com/e3a68d3361b ... co_540.jpg

btw, about that RB driving academy stuff, Max was quickly added and embraced into the RB programme/team thanks to his outstanding, impressive and sensational results in karting and lower formulae racing. There already was interest from several F1 teams even before half of his maiden formula racing series season was under away. That tells you something.
Verstappen contraced RedBull because they promised and guaranteed him a racing seat @ Toro Rosso for 2015, whereas other teams promised him a test/reserve driver role in 2015 and a possible racing seat 2016. Since RedBull made this promise, they agreed and thus gotten in. He's only been part of RedBull since half 2014. Technically, Verstappen never was part of this academy. That makes verstappen what, the first non-academy driver to get a RB seat in [both] teams since what? since coulthard?

Was Sainz ever in the position to demand this stuff? No, Sainz alike Da Costa, are and were like 'DJ' Alguersuari [ another spaniard not making the cut ]. The BIG difference between all this is that from the start, Verstappen has been in the position to make the demands, whereas all the others only are able to say 'yes, amen'.

This is why Verstappen is a future F1 GP winner and highly potential F1 Champion, whereas the others barely even give the thought they might make it as a GP winner.

again, deal with it.
Nice one, Max's fan-girl. I've already seen all your predictibles anti-spaniards previous comments saying the same things. Okay, I agree with you: Max is like Senna. I'll seat on my sofa with a Heineken (great dutch beer) waiting for his next 3 world titles with Red Bull as a legend. Sorry but, who's Senna?
Let me die in peace now, please.

krisfx
krisfx

superdowg316 wrote:When was the last time 2 drivers swapped teams midseason? Alesi and Frentzen to Jordan and Prost in 2001 would have to be the last wouldn't it?

Back on topic, this move will either bring 3 things: 1: Ricciardo and Verstappen push each other to the max and are equal, which helps with future employment, 2: Daniel outperforms Max and the Verst-hyppen dies down and Max's career is in trouble, 3: Max outperforms Daniel and suddenly Daniel's career is in trouble.

Either way, Spain will be the most interesting race of the first half of the year, at least drama wise.
I fail to see how being beaten by a well established driver such as Ricciardo would put his career in trouble...

superdowg316

First photos of Max Verstappen as a Red Bull Racing driver:

superdowg316

krisfx wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:When was the last time 2 drivers swapped teams midseason? Alesi and Frentzen to Jordan and Prost in 2001 would have to be the last wouldn't it?

I fail to see how being beaten by a well established driver such as Ricciardo would put his career in trouble...
Because it's all about image. Ricciardo is wanted because he beat Vettel, a 4 times champion, in the same car in his first season at the team. If Max waltzes in and beats him consistently, his value in the driver market takes a hit.

krisfx
krisfx

superdowg316 wrote:
krisfx wrote:

Because it's all about image. Ricciardo is wanted because he beat Vettel, a 4 times champion, in the same car in his first season at the team. If Max waltzes in and beats him consistently, his value in the driver market takes a hit.
You're talking about Ricciardo's value where I highlighted. I explicitly spoke about Max being beaten by a driver who is well established at a) the team and b) with the current car.