2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Andres125sx wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 17:13
GoranF1 wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 15:43
Unfortunately, that day is not coming yet. A scheduled upgrade for this weekend's Canadian grand prix has been postponed indefinitely.

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/article/ ... +2017.html
Indefinitely? :o :? :x
I just posted a link and a quote from it....i agree whit Difussor it may be false, i think something new will be in CAN otherewise Hasegawa would say nothing at all about updates....its just that its most likely not the new ICE whit new heads, pistons and injection....that may come around SPA as Wazari says...
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

shady
shady

source: Martin Brundle..

again, does that mean they are quitting F1; 'indefinite' that is nonsensical. the language is irritating.

santos
santos

shady wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 18:22
source: Martin Brundle..

again, does that mean they are quitting F1; 'indefinite' that is nonsensical. the language is irritating.
What?? indefinitely means that they don't have a date... it can be next race, or the one after that... or in the last. That doens't mean they are quitting F1 at all.

Lucky
Lucky

Exclusive - McLaren, Honda nearing 'fork in the road'
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-motor- ... KKBN18Y28H

marmer
marmer

sky on the ball now http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... es-warning

zak is normally fairly upbeat about Honda so its a big move for him to talk about not getting upgrades when they should and the ones they do get not being as good as planned.

i expect them to go back to Mercedes next year or even Renault.

etusch

Will that swap bring cc or just scoring podiums and a few victories?

marmer
marmer

etusch wrote:Will that swap bring cc or just scoring podiums and a few victories?
Most likely just podiums but they would finish races more often which has to be better

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

etusch

marmer wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 19:16
etusch wrote:Will that swap bring cc or just scoring podiums and a few victories?
Most likely just podiums but they would finish races more often which has to be better

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
They will have those next year with Honda too. But I dont know about power
Last edited by etusch on 07 Jun 2017, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

godlameroso

I honestly don't see them having a huge reliability problem any more. Just a crippled ICE.
Saishū kōnā

makecry
makecry

godlameroso wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 20:45
I honestly don't see them having a huge reliability problem any more. Just a crippled ICE.
Are you saying that reliability wont be an issue anymore? Because the MGU-H still can't last for more than 2 races and that is a huge issue. ICE seems to be reliable but we don't know how reliable it is going to be once more power is added.

etusch

Ferrari also has problem at that part. I think best problem is power. If Honda can achieve 2016 merc level mgu-h issue is not so big problem but yes still a problem

zeph
zeph

Everything Zak Brown says is perfectly sensible, and I would not be surprised if they part ways. Ron Dennis was a lot more personally invested in making the Honda partnership work, and I believe he couldn't view the whole thing as objectively as Brown can.

By any metric, it has been a failed endeavor, soI think it's fair to pull the plug after three years of trying.

I would love to see them be competitive, but at this point I don't really believe in it anymore.

etusch

They can broke deal with Honda and they will be done that at worst time if they do that next year.

godlameroso

The MGU-H can absolutely last more than two races, they just don't want to risk it. There's also the fact that the statement is a translation and slightly taken out of context. I honestly believe that reliability won't be a huge issue going forward, and saying they're changing parts for reliability reasons may just be a cover for new specification parts.
Saishū kōnā

KingHamilton01

zeph wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 21:46
Everything Zak Brown says is perfectly sensible, and I would not be surprised if they part ways. Ron Dennis was a lot more personally invested in making the Honda partnership work, and I believe he couldn't view the whole thing as objectively as Brown can.

By any metric, it has been a failed endeavor, soI think it's fair to pull the plug after three years of trying.

I would love to see them be competitive, but at this point I don't really believe in it anymore.
It sounds like Zak gave Honda every opportunity this season, this latest setback seem's to be nail's in the coffin for Honda! Bad enough they didn't have the Engine upgrade ready for this race and then to turn round and say we don't know what we will do next is doing anything to improve confidence in them hence Zak saying relationship is at risk!
McLaren Mercedes