Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Lucky
Lucky

Re: Honda Power Unit

Lucky
Lucky

It's been a busy night for Fernando's crew. Last night an issue was detected with his MGU-H so the decision was taken to swap out his power unit. It's all previously used components, so he's not facing a penalty – but he has gone back to the Spec-2 ICE.

harjan
harjan

Shame, but does give us opportunity to see difference between Spec 2 & 3. Van Doorne and Alonso were quite matched yesterday, so comparison should be clear.

BrunoH
BrunoH

such a shame that there are still issues after so many updates

Lucky
Lucky

HPD

loner

yeah the same guy who is claiming 93 hp deficit to Mercedes customers and the same guy claimed Honda have no clue how to make the PU more powerful and reliable :lol:
does he even know mapping alone can get you more than 10 hp let alone new fuel new injectors new TC
para bellum.

RedNEO

loner wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 13:15
yeah the same guy who is claiming 93 hp deficit to Mercedes customers and the same guy claimed Honda have no clue how to make the PU more powerful and reliable :lol:
does he even know mapping alone can get you more than 10 hp let alone new fuel new injectors new TC
If it's a piece of cake to get extra horse power for Honda wouldn't they be already at Mercedes level 3 years into this?

I don't know why you are ridiculing him.. Honda isn't exactly proving him wrong on track. But anyway I do want Honda to succeed but I'm not seeing any signs at the moment..

loner

RedNEO wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 13:21
loner wrote:
If it's a piece of cake to get extra horse power for Honda wouldn't they be already at Mercedes level 3 years into this?

I don't know why you are ridiculing him.. Honda isn't exactly proving him wrong on track. But anyway I do want Honda to succeed but I'm not seeing any signs at the moment..
you are looking under your legs Honda took wrong turn from the start with the compressor in the V direction, it was wrong every body make mistakes deal with it
the current layout is the hardest.
para bellum.

RedNEO

loner wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 13:31
RedNEO wrote:
loner wrote:

you are looking under your legs Honda took wrong turn from the start with the compressor in the V direction, it was wrong every body make mistakes deal with it
Ok so now you are saying it's hard for Honda to get 10bhp? Which is exactly what I said in the first place.

loner

RedNEO wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 13:45
loner wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

Ok so now you are saying it's hard for Honda to get 10bhp? Which is exactly what I said in the first place.
no iam saying i can understand why the shaft and the mgu-h not reliable till now while you can't.
and absolutely positively iam sure that new fuel+new injectors + new TC new MGU-H + mapping is more than 10 hp.
Last edited by loner on 08 Jul 2017, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
para bellum.

Redragon

RedNEO wrote:
loner wrote:

I am not an expert but to determinate and give a number of Hp after just a couple of practice sessions where they are checking set ups, maps and other parts of the chasis is useless and a bit silly because you don't know fuel levels and when the engine has got its peak. So the tweet and that imformation is just another journalist trying to get some readers. I am sure after quali and race that number would be really different and more accurate because there would be more precise data specially when Van is with spec 3 and Alo 2.

RedNEO

loner wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 13:48
RedNEO wrote:
loner wrote:

no iam saying i can understand why the shaft and the mgu-h not reliable till now while you can't.
and absolutely positively iam sure that new fuel+new injectors + new TC new MGU-H + mapping is more than 10 hp.
Do you have solid evidence that is it more than 10bhp? Why should I believe a random person on the internet over someone in the f1 paddock who speaks to people who have the data?

loner

Suit yourself :wink:
para bellum.

Redragon

RedNEO wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 13:54
loner wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 13:48
RedNEO wrote:

Do you have solid evidence that is it more than 10bhp? Why should I believe a random person on the internet over someone in the f1 paddock who speaks to people who have the data?
Who says or who knows if he is no one, he could be a journalist too posting on this forum with a nickname. You RedNeo thinks that you are the right one all the time but this is a forum and people can have other views than you until proven wrong. But despite call you off on your call that Mercedes-Mclaren was deal done 3 weeks ago still making the same mistakes of not respeting the others.