2017 Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg 7-9 Jul

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
DarkSurferZA
DarkSurferZA

Re: 2017 Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg 7-9 Jul

Just seen the split comparison between the Merc and Ferrari, even when the Ferrari gets the better exit from the corners, the Merc has a serious straight line advantage.

Qualy mode++++++

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Phil

I am just thinking out loud here...

Tire wear should be minimal, regardless which compound. Also the performance between tires should be quite close too.

Big question in determing Hamiltons race is how long the Ultras will last first stint for the top 10. Best case, he doesnt lose a position at the start. The question then will become if he can get past the cars ahead on pace alone, and if yes, how long it will take.

This will then show how effective his SS/? race will be. If he loses too much time behind slower paced cars, the tire offset will probably only get him behind the RedBulls.

Either way, this being a one stop race, i cant see him contesting for the win, unless there is gonna be mayhem due to rain or something.

I am gonnabe careful and predict 4th for more or less normal race conditions. Bottas will hopefully get the win ahead of Vettel. Then i think kimi and one of the RedBulls will finish ahead of Hamilton. Cant see much beyond that to be honest.

Something like Bot, Vet, RedBull, Kimi, Ham...

This being probably a one stop race for most, i cant see a safety car being a help either. Regardless when and if there is one, most will probably stop and finish the race on the prime tire. Hamilton will do the opposite, but not sure that will yield much advantage given how close the tires are in performance.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

GoranF1
GoranF1

Please tell me its going to rain?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

TAG

Fans reporting mild showers at the track.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Manuel Oberhuber‏ @manu_bx 1 min
First showers north of the circuit. More to come within next hours.

atanatizante

Accuweather says:

Now had it rains after the first pit stop those who will take a longer first stint will have a good chance to cut back 22 or so seconds ...
Last edited by atanatizante on 09 Jul 2017, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

atanatizante wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 12:59
Accuweather says:

https://s15.postimg.org/6gyjxduaj/2017- ... eld_Ho.jpg

Now had it rains after the first pit stop those how will take a longer first stint will have a good chance to cut back 22 or so seconds ...
And an early SC might easily play into their hands as well.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Ian Fergusson‏ @fergieweather
1hr to race start & clouds building around Spielberg. MeteoFrance go with 70% chance of thundery showers during race.
Last edited by SchuMassa on 09 Jul 2017, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

rscsr

it is raining in Vienna already. So rain might be ready for the start

JonoNic

I rather hope that Vettel does well and win this race. Merc will be dominant in the next few races. A chasing Hamilton is much more exciting for this championship.
Always find the gap then use it.

Phil

rscsr wrote:
09 Jul 2017, 13:06
it is raining in Vienna already. So rain might be ready for the start
I'm fairly certain Vienna is not any benchmark, as the clouds and therefore the weather is moving from South-West to North-East. Spielberg is quite a bit to the west of Vienna (and more influenced by the mountains).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Phil

Apparently on ORF they just said that Hamilton has the highest topspeed, so another indication that Hamiltons car may be more set up towards starting in the midfield.
#Team44 supporter

RZS10

Kvyat did not learn a single thing since taking out Vettel in Russia...

TAG

Vettel can't keep his eyes on his own plate can he? Looking for a Bottas jump start, he can't accept being beaten.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

JonoNic

TAG wrote:Vettel can't keep his eyes on his own plate can he? Looking for a Bottas jump start, he can't accept being beaten.
Ric reported it too.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

Always find the gap then use it.