2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

dren wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 16:30
The red looks out of place.
agreed so does the white ...not sure why they woulldn't put the Black directly on the Orange ...

Oh and I prefer this year's orange hue.

Thunder

Ok so i just deleted a bunch of Off Topic Posts. Remeber this is not the Ferrari Team Thread. ;)
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Vasconia

mclaren111 wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 09:14
https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/images/amp ... 187810.jpg

LOVE THIS LOOK !!!!!!!!!
Ugh, don´t like it at all.

It should be orange with another color(black perhaps), not all orange. The White and especialy red parts are absolutely out of place.

gdogg371
gdogg371

Looks pretty nice to me. Think some people will never be satisfied with anything other than the Marlboro colour scheme though...

604gtir
604gtir

i'd like to see a livery themed like alonso's indy helmet applied to the car, or the james hunt themed p1 gtr

AMG.Tzan

Looks really nice except for the red mclaren logos especially at the front...red and orange just don't fit together there for me! One downside of removing the shark fin next year will be the driver's number! Looks so nice in this white circle!

Mclaren this year were in the same position as 25 years ago! In 1992 it was Honda that was leaving them and not the other way around...! Ron Dennis was all over the place to get a Renault engine that was benchmark back then! Renault refused and Mclaren had no other choice but to take underpowered Ford engines and be uncompetitive for the next 4-5 years until Mercedes shorted out their engines and Mclaren their chassis! 25 years later in 2017 and Renault are the ones that saved Mclaren from another miserable year (let's hope at least)! How times change...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Alonso Fan

I have to agree that livery looks beautiful except for the red swooshes.

White black and orange go very well together, and the circle is a nice classic touch
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

gdogg371
gdogg371

AMG.Tzan wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 23:01
Looks really nice except for the red mclaren logos especially at the front...red and orange just don't fit together there for me! One downside of removing the shark fin next year will be the driver's number! Looks so nice in this white circle!

Mclaren this year were in the same position as 25 years ago! In 1992 it was Honda that was leaving them and not the other way around...! Ron Dennis was all over the place to get a Renault engine that was benchmark back then! Renault refused and Mclaren had no other choice but to take underpowered Ford engines and be uncompetitive for the next 4-5 years until Mercedes shorted out their engines and Mclaren their chassis! 25 years later in 2017 and Renault are the ones that saved Mclaren from another miserable year (let's hope at least)! How times change...
With 20/20 hindsight should have taken the Lambo. Good chance Senna wouldn’t have been driving an FW16 at imola if they had by all accoaunts...

ringo

mclaren111 wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 09:14
https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/images/amp ... 187810.jpg

LOVE THIS LOOK !!!!!!!!!
Make the Swoosh a black outline.
I like the chrome Mclarens of the past, and the black and white ones driven by Coulthard and Raikonen to be honest, but i know that will never happen again.
For Sure!!

HPD

Gasly said, "I went to Fernando and Stoffel before the parade and talked to them," Are you getting ready for the collapse in 2018? " It was really funny. "
:lol:

McG

HPD wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 15:25
Gasly said, "I went to Fernando and Stoffel before the parade and talked to them," Are you getting ready for the collapse in 2018? " It was really funny. "
Alonso and Vandoorne asking Gasly if he's ready for the collapse of STR yes.

Vandoorn column....

"Stoffel Vandoorne reflects on his Mexican Grand Prix weekend, where McLaren's chances of a good result were hindered by a lack of top speed.

Even before I arrived at the Mexican Grand Prix, I knew it was not going to be an ideal weekend because we had decided to take some engine penalties for tactical reasons.

Although we had only just changed engines in Austin, it was always the plan to get another power unit fitted in Mexico because we thought our competitiveness wouldn't be so good there – and it was important to prepare for the final two races in Brazil and Abu Dhabi, which hopefully should be better for us.

Things then did not get off to an ideal start for me in first practice. We did two installation laps and then discovered a problem on the engine, so unfortunately I didn't do any more laps. We lost the whole session because the engine had to be changed again for the older specification that I had run in Austin.

Second practice in the afternoon was also a difficult one for me, as we had quite a lot of problems with that engine too and, therefore, I was struggling to find a good balance. We were also running on high fuel because we knew we were not going to do qualifying and it was more important to prepare the car for Sunday.

A lot of work was done overnight to fix the problems with the engine and the car balance, and we made a big step forward. Straight away in FP3 I felt a lot more confident with the car, and the pace was immediately there from the first lap on high fuel. Overall I was much, much happier.

Knowing that thanks to engine penalties I would be starting near the back, we went into Q1 with a high-fuel run at the start because it would be the most representative time of day compared to race conditions, so we could make our final adjustments for the set-up we wanted on Sunday.

And considering that Fernando Alonso was still the only one running the upgraded aero package with the new front wing, our pace on the long run looked quite promising.

In fact, going into the weekend we thought that it would be a hard one in terms of speed – but looking back on both low fuel and high-fuel runs we were pretty good. I would say our car was good enough to be around the top 10 if we had had a clean run.

Going into the race, I was starting 19th and I had a very good opening lap. I was immediately up to 13th after lap 1, having avoided all the trouble and made some good overtaking moves. But then on lap 2 a Sauber came flying past on the straight, and from there our race was actually compromised a lot.

We were a lot quicker over the lap, but there was no way to overtake as we didn't have the straightline speed.

Even saving up energy and using DRS, I just couldn't get close enough to attack. When Fernando caught back up, the team decided to swap our positions so he could have a go – but even in his position it was impossible to overtake the Sauber on track.

In the end a lot of the cars bunched up with Kevin Magnussen, Fernando, Felipe and myself finishing very close. In the circumstances it was not an ideal race, but in terms of pace also it was positive.

Next up is Brazil, which will again be a new experience for me – and one where I hope we will have a better opportunity to score points again. I should have the new upgrade package there as well as Fernando, so hopefully we can put both cars in a competitive position. I'm looking forward to it."

All while a Renault powered car went on to win the race.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

proteus

gdogg371 wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 01:20
AMG.Tzan wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 23:01

With 20/20 hindsight should have taken the Lambo. Good chance Senna wouldn’t have been driving an FW16 at imola if they had by all accoaunts...
Lambo had problems of its own. They didnt refuse the deal just because Ron had a bad day.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Andres125sx

HPD wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 15:25
Wait a minute.... It was the driver who will drive a Honda PU next season who told the other to be ready for the collapse? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I can imagine Fernando and Stofel reaction...

hemichromis
hemichromis

I can't find any evidence of that quote in the posted link.

HPD

"Friday and Saturday were difficult but it was not me or the team's fault, the engine was a problem, three seanstas changed three engines, it was a tough weekend, but I think Brazil will go smoothly."

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons ... is-973212/

"The technical department of Toro Rosso is excited by the size of the Honda engine." There is no doubt that McLaren is a good chassis.
http://soymotor.com/noticias/toro-rosso ... 735?page=1