2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

HPD wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 14:21
Gasly said, "I went to Fernando and Stoffel before the parade and talked to them," Are you getting ready for the collapse in 2018? " It was really funny. "

"Friday and Saturday were difficult but it was not me or the team's fault, the engine was a problem, three seanstas changed three engines, it was a tough weekend, but I think Brazil will go smoothly."

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons ... is-973212/

"The technical department of Toro Rosso is excited by the size of the Honda engine." There is no doubt that McLaren is a good chassis.
http://soymotor.com/noticias/toro-rosso ... 735?page=1
The question is how much will they be enthusiatic about lack of reliability and power if the whole saga continues into next year.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Alonso Fan

proteus wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 17:34
HPD wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 14:21
Gasly said, "I went to Fernando and Stoffel before the parade and talked to them," Are you getting ready for the collapse in 2018? " It was really funny. "

"Friday and Saturday were difficult but it was not me or the team's fault, the engine was a problem, three seanstas changed three engines, it was a tough weekend, but I think Brazil will go smoothly."

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons ... is-973212/

"The technical department of Toro Rosso is excited by the size of the Honda engine." There is no doubt that McLaren is a good chassis.
http://soymotor.com/noticias/toro-rosso ... 735?page=1
The question is how much will they be enthusiatic about lack of reliability and power if the whole saga continues into next year.
Lol, reading that article in English via Google translate is funny :lol:
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

techman
techman

The question is the mclaren chasis hiding behind honda? mclaren never gave due credit for the size of the honda engine compared to renaults. it helped them to optimize their aero. now TR will get that opportunity. TR hopefully use the smaller engine honda brings to get an aero advantage. according to hasegawa, honda latest spec is ahead of renaults. hopefully they get their reliability sorted for 2018. cant wait to see the suprise faces in the mclaren when redbull beats them on track. and exposed this overated high drag chassis

makecry
makecry

techman wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 07:36
The question is the mclaren chasis hiding behind honda? mclaren never gave due credit for the size of the honda engine compared to renaults. it helped them to optimize their aero. now TR will get that opportunity. TR hopefully use the smaller engine honda brings to get an aero advantage. according to hasegawa, honda latest spec is ahead of renaults. hopefully they get their reliability sorted for 2018. cant wait to see the suprise faces in the mclaren when redbull beats them on track. and exposed this overated high drag chassis
=D> =D> =D>

Goran2812
Goran2812

techman wrote:
according to hasegawa, honda latest spec is ahead of renaults.
I keep reading these statements here over and over again and I just can't help my self but to ask...
On what grounds does Hasegawa base that? Power? Reliability? Deployment? What?
Also, which spec, 3.8 spec vs current renault spec or 3.8 spec vs future renault spec being developed for 2018 and has been under development for over a year now?
People seem to forget that fact... Next years Renault will probably be better in every single way than the current Renault PU.
It's like Honda is the only one doing work and every other engine manufacturer is sitting on their asses... lol
Get real guys, Honda will be probably be on the back foot and with a deficit to others just like it is this year...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Andres125sx

techman wrote:
according to hasegawa, honda latest spec is ahead of renaults.
I wonder if he was refering to the spec they had to rule out (again) due to reliability problems...

That´s a bold statement when reality on track is they can´t pass a 2016 Ferrari PU not even with DRS and a slipstream on a track with a very long straight #-o

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

I'd suggest it's the ICE he refers to, not including the MGU-H etc etc
Last edited by fellowhoodlums on 05 Nov 2017, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

bigblue

I've not seen a quote from Hasegawa saying Honda are ahead of Renault, I seem to recall him be reported as saying that they are close (which in itself is surprising, but I guess it depends on if he means ICE, or whole PU, and what 'close' actually means, e.g. in percentage terms of 'typical' race power etc). Anyway, is there a quote from a reputable source available ?

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

That's what I also meant sorry, i've amended

proteus

techman wrote:
Why is Redbull supposed to be a benchmark? Please explain it to me? Adrian Nevey is a brilliant mind which is able to outperform Mclaren, Mercedes and Ferrari. The benchmark for Mclaren will be Renault. The second great fact is that even far than reliable Renault powered teams are infront of Mclaren in terms of points, even though Renault had Palmer which performed poorly, and STR making driver changes, while Redbull is in the league of its own. How many components did Mclaren drivers used? Enough to supply aditional driver each and even surplussing the amount in some areas - yes, that damn aero braking turbos and MGU units and making the engines exploding and pissing out oil...

Not to mention FIA is aparently with Mclaren in their evil scam to trash Honda, stating that Honda is the only engine supplier who is lacking significantly more power than others. Hasegawa on the other hand admiting they have failed once again...

If u are convinced the engine is the best in the field, please present hard data in terms of HP figures, deployment data, and especially fuel consumption in comparison to others. I would love to see them. And every silly statement u post, u allways saying they need to compare to Redbull - and thats only because u know that Redbull is superior to whole field, but u need to make yourself a failsafe when STR will be nowhere, but Redbull will be infront of Mclaren, just to say - haha i was right all along, look Mclaren is behind the Redbull, while they will be far infront of STR.

Mclaren allready won if they score a point in the first race and get atleast 100 trough the season. Something they can only dream about with Honda engines in the back of their cars.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

NathanOlder

You can't expect Mclaren to aim for the works team, probably aim at being the best customer team. Just like if mclaren switched to Mercedes, they would aim at Force India and not Mercedes themselves.

:wink:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

It is clear to see, that maximum power Honda and Renault are close. But Renault had no quali mode and can run their maximum power for a whole race length. Honda has to dial down on raceday and maybe they can finish.

makecry
makecry

NL_Fer wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 20:00
It is clear to see, that maximum power Honda and Renault are close. But Renault had no quali mode and can run their maximum power for a whole race length. Honda has to dial down on raceday and maybe they can finish.
I dont think so tbh. FIA conducted tests and concluded that the Mercedes/Ferrari/Renault PUs were within 0.3s around Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. Honda is nowhere near that tbh.

diffuser

NathanOlder wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 19:13
You can't expect Mclaren to aim for the works team, probably aim at being the best customer team. Just like if mclaren switched to Mercedes, they would aim at Force India and not Mercedes themselves.

Eric has said as much. That they're not expecting to be a RBR level next year with the new integration when RBR has been there for over a decade.

etusch

diffuser wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 20:52
NathanOlder wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 19:13

Eric has said as much. That they're not expecting to be a RBR level next year with the new integration when RBR has been there for over a decade.
Could they get redbull levet if integration were not problem ?