2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Gotta love how Fernando and McLaren handle that. Much to learn for other Teams.

[media]https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/958294259425300480[/media]

For those wondering:
McLaren and Fernando are in full agreement that Formula 1 remains their shared top priority. As such, Fernando will compete in every round of the 2018 FIA Formula 1 World Championship, and will dovetail his sports car commitments around grands prix.

As a result, he will not contest WEC’s Japanese round, at the Fuji Speedway on October 21, due to it clashing with the US Grand Prix, held at the Circuit of the Americas, in Austin, Texas.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bauc

Great news for ALO... Mclaren need to feed the beast, and there is plenty on the table now.... I just hope the car will be good enough so we can see this guy on podium at some point during this season
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Joseki
Joseki

Good news for Alonso.

I've heard that the two days of filming day before pre season testing aren't 100% sure yet, but they are probably going to be scheduled on a spanish track (not Barcelona). A single delay from a partner or inside Woking can cause a reschedule so it's all up in the air at the moment.

Sieper

Do the teams actually need to shoot any (digital)film (as a rule) during these filming days? or are they just wildcards to be had when you need them in your pre-season? Wasn't it just 1 day last year?

NathanOlder

On the subject of LeMans, wouldn't it be amazing if some ex F1 designers got together to make a car for that 1 race, all funded by liberty Media, then they put Alonso, Hamilton & Vettel in that car and go for a win.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

the EDGE
the EDGE

Sieper wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 18:40
Do the teams actually need to shoot any (digital)film (as a rule) during these filming days? or are they just wildcards to be had when you need them in your pre-season? Wasn't it just 1 day last year?
Teams have 2 filming days per year to use anytime during the season. It is my understanding McLaren have opted to use both pre-test this yer.

I believe they MUST actually do filming to comply with the rules, but as this is the only opportunity to actually do some filming for promo purposes I’m sure they would film anyway regardless of need

marmer
marmer

Makes sense if the car is ready early to do those filming days before the real testing means a good shake down. And your ready to just pound the laps at the first test. But if your not ready and you booked your filming days you have lost two days running as I assume if you set up on the day and the car doesn't work the FIA doesn't let you pick another day do they

Lucky
Lucky

RonDennis
RonDennis

bauc

I'm sure we will see a great insight of the team struggles last year and how they've dealt with it, but I'm also sure that this documentary will again feed the endless debate of who's fault was it.. Mclaren or Honda's and it will go on an on .....

restless
restless

The documentary is made by Mclaren... what debates?!

bauc

restless wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 16:48
The documentary is made by Amazon with exclusive access to Mclaren facilities.... see spinning of the facts already has begun,and the documentary haven't even aired yet on TV. This was my point exactly

Thunder

restless wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 16:48
The ones that do NOT belong in this Thread. ;)
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

RonDennis
RonDennis

bauc wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 16:18
I'm sure we will see a great insight of the team struggles last year and how they've dealt with it, but I'm also sure that this documentary will again feed the endless debate of who's fault was it.. Mclaren or Honda's and it will go on an on .....
Does it need a debate? But I guess it probably has to do with McLaren running with too many wings. :lol:

"It's too dangerous to run like this," said the two-time champion after one lap. "Horrible balance with the rear because the driveability was poor. So we cannot test like this."

He later added: "This is a really a **** engine. A **** power unit, you know."

It also reminds me of some comments made by McLaren hater Gary Anderson on Autosport.

McLaren can't complain about a lack of Honda power. Alonso just can't get on the throttle properly between Turn 2 and Turn 3 because of a lack of overall grip. There's plenty more of the old gee-gees available if the chassis was stronger.

Big Tea

I assume this means all sponsors will already be on board by then?

Good news if they have all they need, not so good if they want to bring in someone else later.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.