2018 pre-season testing thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hail22

Re: 2018 pre-season testing thread

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXDcF0aX4AAGwPm.jpg:large

The pink panther looks like be willing and ready haha :lol:
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

GoranF1
GoranF1

Ferrari boycoted the friday testing....now next saturday looks like most likely solution for extra day.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

bauc

GoranF1 wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 12:26
Ferrari boycoted the friday testing....now next saturday looks like most likely solution for extra day.
FIA rules does not allow testing to be more than 4 days in a row....if there is a decision FIA will must check if there is legal ground to allow this, so I'm afraid we are lost in legal mambo jambos
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

So now another source is saying Williams and FI said no lol.
One of them was Williams, who had booked the Barcelona circuit for Friday for filming purposes.

“We rented the track and this is an important day for us,” said Claire Williams.

“Having said that I don’t think everyone else supports the extension of the test,” she added.

Indeed, it is believed Force India also said ‘no’.

Williams added: “If there is an unanimous decision, perhaps we can find a compromise and do an extra day next week. So far no decision has been taken.
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... Barcelona/

Next it will be RB and TR saying no then Renault and McLaren lol

ripper
ripper

Taken from formulapassion.it live feeding

11.30 – [...] intanto la Ferrari ci fa sapere che non è assolutamente vero che è stato il Cavallino a opporsi al recupero della giornata di test odierna. [...]

Ferrari informed us that it isn't true that they rejected the proposal to do recover (is it the right verb?) this test day

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

CBeck113 wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 12:19
Restomaniac wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 11:49
1158 wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 11:13
Supposedly it was the red team that decided against having the session on Fri...
You know the worst of it? After it was Ferrari being cocky and selfish over the refusal to increase engines back to 4 a season. I would have guessed it was Ferrari this time too.

And people say Mercedes are self centred.
Every team is self-centered. If you invest millions to design and produce an engine that lasts longer to gain an advantage over your opponents (with the exception of Mercedes, they don't seem to have any design issues), you should simply through out that investment because others can't reach your level? Sorry, there's no way any team would do that, not after the money's been spent.
So every team agrees other than the team that gets the most financial benefits from F1. That's the point. Ferrari are hardly the poor relation in F1.

Let us be honest here. Ferrari have milked the F1 cow for years and now for what would have been the best of the sport they want it their way as usual. Ferrari's always been self centred though so we shouldn't be surprised. How many times in the recient past have we had the 'do that and we'll leave' BS?

The 'I'm alright jack' attitude needs to stop.

Mercedes could easily have stepped in themselves to stop the extra day now and over the engines this season however they didn't want to stand in the way of other teams and the sport as a whole. Ferrari on the other hand.

ripper
ripper

I could agree but it looks like it wasn't Ferrari that rejected the proposal :D

Thunder

According to AMuS Ferrari and Renault voted against
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ripper
ripper

Green light!

TwanV
TwanV

Thunder wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 12:53
whodunnit! :lol: doesn't matter really, everyone's in the same boat

tinvek
tinvek

TwanV wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 13:18
Thunder wrote:

when the snow all melts they may need a boat

TwanV wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 13:18
Thunder wrote:
F1's version of Clue. It was Ferrari, in the hospitality sweet, with a bargeboard.

No it was Renault, in the medical center, with a halo

Or maybe it was McLaren, in the Stewards office with a wheel nut.

Santozini
Santozini

Do you guys reckon someone will go out today? Green light now but no activity from the teams

tinvek
tinvek

on the one hand it's a chance to get mileage on the cars and some proper wet running but there's a chance of damage, especially if you've not got a huge budget or have a limited supply of parts and depending on how secretive /paranoid you are, you could either think the spray will hide details or will give away how the airflow is moving round the car.

after all yesterday Gary Anderson finally noticed you can see the airflow from the diffuser in the wet, only taken him till then to notice what everyone's known since the first dinosaur looked at a pterodactyl in the rain

molina
molina

Well... what's the point of getting mileage on wet running if they'll get the race red flagged in case they face one during the season?