2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Talisman wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 00:27
You’re an odd ‘fan’ if you wish financial destruction on other teams.
wow, how judgemental of you. that is seriously what you got from my post? #-o

I can see through the 'crocodile tears' and the usual press and corporate 'talk' of both Williams, Sauber, and yes, also of that of Mclaren.

Claire is playing the 'emotion' card now as if Mclaren is doing something nobody ever in F1 has done; 'Stealing' sponsors - meanwhile, it's just her word / accusation on that, and nothing more.

I'm calling it 'funny' not in a humuorous way as if i'm enjoyed by it, perhaps you should revise the broad meanings of what a word 'funny' can apply to.

Williams has attracted paydriver after paydriver, and left talent in the cold. Sauber likewise. Hell the way things are going @ Williams right now a repeat of signing 3 drivers for 2 seats would not be that impossible.

And just as funny - not at all humerous though - is claims like Mclaren can't fill a 'gap' of Honda leaving financially, which would mean that you - and countless other 'armchair heroes' - actually have any insight or knowledge about how much money Honda ever really invested in Mclaren. That is, not based upon hearsay reports from hearsay paddock rumours from numbers made up by 'f1 pundits' that really have zero information about the matter but know that media and 'fans' only want to wake up or come home to clicbait sensational heads in newspapers and feeds.

Sponsors go from team to team through F1's history and will always do so - whatever the reason is.
Again, it's rather 'weep with me' stories when accusations are made that certain 'codes' are broken or 'gentleman' behaviour about losing some sponsor. All along, it's just as non-gentleman or sportive of Williams to block a extended testing day because they want to have some shooting schedules and stuff for themselves, even if it is their right to it.

And do i need to feel remorse for a team making millions and millions of dollars, happily taking millions of millions (hundreds that is) of paydrivers (in total), losing sponsors which will cost them a loss of money, and perhaps the result being some people may be let off for that reason, whom will have no problem finding another job, within F1, or within another employer, earning lots of money? As if those same employees won't get fired anyway because somebody reshuffles the organisation anyway?

Don't get me wrong, i think it's sad that Williams 'has to' find refuge in weak paydrivers, that they lose sponsors, but that makes them little different to the rest of the teams. And with all their money they can't even stand in the shadow of Force India operating on a massively tinier budget and is much closer to the podiums than williams is for years on end, despite williams being a 'heritage' team that should know how to win, as they once were so mighty in. Yet also Ferrari has had years and years of draught before Schumacher came along. And so has Mclaren before.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Talisman
Talisman

Yes of course. F1 employees will find work elsewhere. Except you've made it clear that other teams are also losing sponsors and therefore funding so it won't be within their own profession will it? Do you have any idea how much suffering the collapse of a team causes? Have you followed what the staff at teams like Caterham and Manor went through? Or even Lotus in the months before Renault took it over? What do you think staff at McLaren are going through now knowing that if Brown doesn't cover the loss of Honda income and the shareholders lose interest its their livelihoods on the line. Wishing that Williams is stripped of sponsorship without facing up to what that will lead to seems a little shortsighted to me, I assume deliberately so you can claim that you aren't wishing the collapse of the team, merely that they lose all income.

Your post remains distasteful. There is a lot of unnecessary vitriol flying around, on this particular thread of course between Honda and McLaren fans in particular but not once have I seen anyone stoop so low as to suggest that either team/company deserves to lose income and therefore job losses should occur as a result of what happened.

BTW the figures about the income from Honda come from Companies house. If you have an issue with the numbers please take it up with Her Majesty's Government, not myself.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Talisman wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 02:29
? What do you think staff at McLaren are going through now knowing that if Brown doesn't cover the loss of Honda income
keep repeating the same non-facts coming straight out of thin air does not 'improve' or backup your point.
you have no insight in the actual finances honda provided nor how much mclaren now loses without them.
for all it matters, they might have more sponsors now and seperating with honda actually made them financially stronger. :roll:
Wishing that Williams is stripped of sponsorship without facing up to what that will lead to seems a little shortsighted to me, I assume deliberately so you can claim that you aren't wishing the collapse of the team, merely that they lose all income.
and you keep repeating false accusations and judgemental comments. i never wished for such a thing. i'm responding or refering to a discussion about claire's statements in a facebook post. #-o
Your post remains distasteful.
the only post distasteful here is your judgemental behaviour and accusations.
There is a lot of unnecessary vitriol flying around,
you just added to that with your accusations and comments
on this particular thread of course between Honda and McLaren fans in particular but not once have I seen anyone stoop so low as to suggest that either team/company deserves to lose income and therefore job losses should occur as a result of what happened.
nor did i do that or state that, i just above clarified that is not the case yet you continue to stand by your false claim.
never have i seen somebody stoop so low to falsely accuse others of something they did not ever do. yet you just did that. #-o
BTW the figures about the income from Honda come from Companies house. If you have an issue with the numbers please take it up with Her Majesty's Government, not myself.
you make the claim, not me. so i will adress you, especially after falsely accusing me of supposed 'wishes'.
and go ahead, show me, again, the actual loss of finances after honda left, and what they have now.
you can't.

either way, i'm done with the endless repeats that involve honda. #-o
can't believe i've got sucked into that drain thanks to you. #-o :roll:
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Singabule
Singabule

Luckily MCL management has bigger brain to not sold MCL seat to unknown. So comparing MCL to williams is too far. As long as they can keep up with big 4 (renault should be big 4), their operation is still much bigger than williams so that impossible to operate at williams level. But to challenge big 3, it is mission impossible.

Avocado
Avocado

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 21:36
It won't happen but damn, it looks really good! :)

proteus

Well in terms of finances, the Petrobras deal with Williams was worth 15mil dollars, so i dare to say Mclaren hasnt sold its spot on the car for much less money, Dell has somewhat same exposure as well so i say the same amount of assets contributed as well. Airgain and CNBC are minor players, a mil. max each, probably half of it.

And i wonder how much of his salary did Alonso give away to have his brand on the car.

If we roughly (i mean very ROUGHLY) sum it up, Zak managed to find arround 20 - 30 millions in terms of new partners. + the amount Alonso has decided to take away from his salary.

And please, be gentle. [-o< :roll:
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Avocado wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 13:34
It won't happen but damn, it looks really good! :)
I was also thinking Sure/Rexona could also be a target
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Chicane
Chicane

Funny how some people simply cannot come to terms with reality that Mclaren have moved on, have two top drivers, have added 5 new sponsors and definitely more will come on as the season progresses. Mclaren is a huge brand in terms of technology, road car business in addition to F1. They still receive bonus payments. They have massively wealthy owners.They are supplying ECU to f1, energy stores to FE. I find it hilarious when people try to project that Mclaren would go bankrupt without Honda money.
Quickshifter

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Chicane wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 17:39
Funny how some people simply cannot come to terms with reality that Mclaren have moved on, have two top drivers, have added 5 new sponsors and definitely more will come on as the season progresses. Mclaren is a huge brand in terms of technology, road car business in addition to F1. They still receive bonus payments. They have massively wealthy owners.They are supplying ECU to f1, energy stores to FE. I find it hilarious when people try to project that Mclaren would go bankrupt without Honda money.
Thanks for that very reasonable post. =D>

mclaren111

Chicane wrote:
Agreed. Iirc they also supply Indycar series with ECU's

The Mclaren Group is a $700/800m (per anum) company.

cliffgamerz
cliffgamerz

I dont know if anyone posted it here already but yeah have a look

makecry
makecry

mclaren111 wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 09:38
Chicane wrote:
Agreed. Iirc they also supply Indycar series with ECU's

The Mclaren Group is a $700/800m (per anum) company.
This was in an article in mid 2017 : The McLaren Group is today valued at £2.4 billion, had a combined turnover in 2016 of £898 million that's over $1.2bil in revenue.Also McLaren group is profitable and posts decent profit every year. McLaren Automative did ~900mill in revenue and post ~90mill in profit in 2016. McLaren aims to reach 10000 units by 2019. They sold ~3100-3200 cars in 2016 afaik.

So yeah, McLaren is financially very healthy. The owners have deep pockets and the parents company makes good profit, they can easily bank roll McLaren F1 team for a very long time. Honda's money will be missed in short term but if results are good, in long term, it wont make a very big difference.

mclaren111

Thx for info

gibells
gibells

proteus wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 13:53

If we roughly (i mean very ROUGHLY) sum it up, Zak managed to find arround 20 - 30 millions in terms of new partners. + the amount Alonso has decided to take away from his salary.

And please, be gentle. [-o< :roll:
I find it so interesting about how Alonso is bit by bit buying into the team. I had no idea who Kimoa was, so looked it up. Low and behold, its his own investment, and quite amazing that the branding is splashed everywhere. So, and excuse me for extrapolating, I reckon it's money off his wage for the Kimoa as a sponsor.

http://wwd.com/eye/people/formula-one-r ... -10906639/

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum