[2018] Pecking order speculation thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Re: [2018] Pecking order speculation thread

Renault in front of Mclaren for me.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sevach
Sevach

dren

Moose wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 05:19
Looking at how the cars handled through the last sector on ted's notebook, plus some artistic license, this is my prediction:

1. Mercedes

2. RedBull
3. Ferrari

4. McLaren

5. Williams
6. Renault
7. Haas

8. Force India
9. Sauber
10. Toro Rosso
Sauber has been last in just about every test. TR hasn't been close to last. I'd say TR is at least ahead of Sauber. I also expect FI to take a jump up. They were 4th best last year and their car is an evolution. I'd pick Renault to be 4th best.

Outside of Sauber last, the midfield is going to be tight after the top 3.
Honda!

ferkan
ferkan

SF70H looked as more agressive packaged car last year (relative to Merc and even RB). This year, both RB and Merc went step ahead with even more extreme suspensions and packaging. RB is just out of this world...It is so much shorter yet its packaged incredibly tightly. Merc has engine advantage and now their packaging is a match for Ferrari (not for RB).

In any case, I see Merc ahead of RB with Ferrari coming 3rd. Renault in 4th, Mclaren in 5th then FI, Haas, STR and Williams.

FrukostScones

Oh dear, if Ferrari is really only third... Marchionne will cruzify them.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

dren

James Allen on his blog has what you're stating ferkan, for the top 5. He says Renault is now clearly the #4 car. He said Mclaren keep claiming that they are equal with Renault, but haven't anything to show for it yet. Then there's the rest of the pack.
Honda!

dans79

FrukostScones wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 22:06
He has no one to blame but himself, managing by fear usually doesn't yield great results.
201 105 104 9 9 7

kooleracer
kooleracer

Best Car Ranking.

1. Mercedes, Because of Hamilton. I think Bottas will start many races from 2 or even third row.
2. Red Bull, best driver line-up Red Bull will Finish second in the WCC. This year Max will destroy Daniel I think.
3. Ferrari, Ferrari will rue their missed opportunities in 2017. Kimi won't perform and Vettel will struggle to win races this year.

4. McLaren, McLaren will finally show their chassis potential. I think McLaren catch Ferrari during the season. We might see some podiums from Alonso.
5. Renault, Hulk and Sainz will have a solid season yet again. I think Renault and McLaren will close the gap during the season to Ferrari.

6. Williams, I don't think the drivers will be able to exploit the maximum from their cars. Their for I put them eight for now. I think this car is realistically the sixth best car on the grid.
7. Force India, Will be typical slow start for them come Spain they will move up the field.
8. Toro Rosso, Honda will finally prove their potential. However due to weak driver line-up I think most off their point scoring opportunities will not be fulfilled.
9. Haas, This will be Grosjean's last year in F1. Before being replaced by Leclerc. This years car will struggle because everyone has upped their game.
10. Sauber, Leclerc will outshine Ericsson. But Sauber will be at the tail-end of the grid. They have a lot op catching up to do. Their car looks good, but I think it will under perform just like last years Toro Rosso.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

ferkan
ferkan

dans79 wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 22:15
FrukostScones wrote:
He has no one to blame but himself, managing by fear usually doesn't yield great results.
Yea, because they were doing spectaculary before him. I think its more of a case of RB and Merc just having slightly better talent.

ollandos
ollandos

i am ferrari hater ...looks like we dont have another ..winter champion from ferrari ...thats no good for me but good for
ferrari ...for mclaren i want to see the gap from faster car on oz ....until 0.5 is good ...my opinion is ...we see much more differenet winners this year ..maybe a world champion with 5 or 6 wins....

TAG

I've got 99 problems. -McLaren
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

dans79

ferkan wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 22:22
dans79 wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
Yea, because they were doing spectaculary before him. I think its more of a case of RB and Merc just having slightly better talent.
Do you think good talent really wants to work for someone who is always holding a pink slip over their heads?
201 105 104 9 9 7

ferkan
ferkan

dans79 wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 22:32
ferkan wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 22:22
dans79 wrote:

Do you think good talent really wants to work for someone who is always holding a pink slip over their heads?
Well best Italian talent works there already, but it is extremely hard to pull big talents from UK infront of Merc and RB nose (which are generally best aero wise).

CriXus
CriXus

Tomorrow is going to be the last test day for Vettel. Let us see what he is going to show and if the lap times are not comparable to those of Ricciardo and Hamilton, then the Tifosi should be worried.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

dren

TAG wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 22:28
I've got 99 problems. -McLaren
But a Honda ain't one!
Honda!