2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Middle means 4th, 5th or 6th so Yeah, after last year's 9th this is good !
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

cyclon

bauc wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 17:33
Middle means 4th, 5th or 6th so Yeah, after last year's 9th this is good !
If it is so, it's great !
Do not forget that McLaren always is the best evolving team during the season!
I loved the iconic McLaren-Honda
But most of all i love McLaren . After all first contact made with M23 that had a Ford Cosworth PU

Redragon

McG wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 17:26
Redragon wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 21:06
McG wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 18:15

You're giving Renault a lot of positivity. Why not Williams with its first full Paddy Lowe car or Force India the Mercedes B team with 2 great drivers. Red Bull could get it wrong and Ferrari could be ahead of Mercedes. NO ONE KNOWS AND YOU ARE JUST GUESSING.

It's just all very daft guessing after that test.
Man can you read?
You can't just make a statement in the beginning that the following will be nonsense and fantasy. Either post the first statement with nothing following it or post what you are going to post and we will know that's what YOU think, rather than having a lame disclaimer that you really don't have a clue.
Man when you write clear posts I will follow you. My post wasn't an statement it was suggesting that other member from the forum wasn't so far of what media at the time was predicting. I was guessing as everyone else because this is testing and that it was my guess. It could be wrong or it could be right. But you clearly didn't read my post, that it is a fact.

McG

Redragon wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 17:47
McG wrote:
Redragon wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 21:06

Man can you read?
You can't just make a statement in the beginning that the following will be nonsense and fantasy. Either post the first statement with nothing following it or post what you are going to post and we will know that's what YOU think, rather than having a lame disclaimer that you really don't have a clue.
Man when you write clear posts I will follow you. My post wasn't an statement it was suggesting that other member from the forum wasn't so far of what media at the time was predicting. I was guessing as everyone else because this is testing and that it was my guess. It could be wrong or it could be right. But you clearly didn't read my post, that it is a fact.
No it's not a fact and it looks like it's you that can't read.

My points still stand.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

Redragon

McG wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 17:54
Redragon wrote:
McG wrote:

My points still stand.
Great could we discuss about the team because I don't care who it is right

GoranF1
GoranF1

Boulier said Mclaren will be fighting Haas and Renault in Australia, i think he ment for 4th fastest team as he said 3 teams are ahead.
Turbo that went today may have been demaged before during heat problems that apear to be under control now
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

McG

Redragon wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 17:56
McG wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 17:54
Redragon wrote:

My points still stand.
Great could we discuss about the team because I don't care who it is right
Sure that would be great.

P.s please don't quote Goran as he is on my ignore list lol.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

RonDennis
RonDennis

GoranF1 wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 18:01
Boulier said Mclaren will be fighting Haas and Renault in Australia, i think he ment for 4th fastest team as he said 3 teams are ahead.
Turbo that went today may have been demaged before during heat problems that apear to be under control now
Fighting with Haas means that they haven't done a good job, both Renault and McLaren.

diffuser

PhillipM wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 15:01
diffuser wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 12:52

The holes act like a parachut ...the rest the air just goes around
Not that simple, how much air flows through and how much cooling occurs depends not only on the intake size but the expansion ratio behind, the blockage effect from the radiators, the relative pressure difference at the intake to the exit, etc.
Large expansion ratio and bigger radiators means you're getting more flow and cooling even with a small intake, you can shrink radiators and sidepods but that causes more blockage which generally means you can't shrink your intakes much even with tighter, hotter running package - that's why even when we see teams bring new, tighter sidepods the intake area doesn't change much from the initial setup on the car.

A heat pocket by the turbo when the car is on slow laps/in laps/pitlane might even be fixed by tighter sidepods because you'd have relatively more/faster airflow up there, which is why it's not really a worry unless it's still doing it once they have the new package on.
Yeah, I know but I didn't want to go into that detail.

The point i was trying to make is if you go in the hole, you'll have a variable amount of drag that is exponentially higher than the drag of going around the outside.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Ground Effect wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 17:28
According to Sky, Mclaren believe they're in the middle of the pack🤔was that the plan?
Sounds about where McLaren would be with the Renault PU and a decent car. The Plan ? Improve race results to attract sponsors and push the team forward. McLaren is like a badly tuned band at the moment, all the necessary talent and skills are in the mix, it just needs somebody to fine tune it.

Overall testing has gone as about as I expected for McLaren, mishaps and niggling problems. Australia is where they run out of excuses, that is the real test for McLaren as it will likely shine a light on where the team is headed over the 2018 season - either a smooth progression to the top of the midfield over the season or a long hard slog that extends into 2019.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

I hope they try and push in the last couple of minutes and do some quali runs. would be nice to do a low 1:18
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

kurwex
kurwex

I think after 3 years with Honda and now with Renault I have no doubts to say that "size-zero" concept means F A I L.

McG

1.17.9 for Alonso on HS!

marmer
marmer

McG wrote:1.17.9 for Alonso on HS!
If true and a real low fuel run that's about rubbish

McG

1.17.7 now