2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Bisonas wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 10:18
http://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-hol ... os-future/

And when i am thinking i have read them all, a new article pops up and i am like :o :o :shock: :shock: , What the Hell Did I Just Read ??
Whenever you see an article that quotes Diario Gol, you can safely ignore, it's not credible. Even to the uninformed, it's clear it's just wild speculation.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Vasconia

proteus wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 15:59
Vasconia wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 15:18
mclaren111 wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 13:01
Autosport:

Speak of misleading headlines !! It's really is too early to make a statement like that.

Our old friend Gary Anderson.
Well not a miracle, but they need a truly chaotic race because the gap with RB is still big.
Well, if Vettel and Hamilton would have crashed in Australia, there would be a podium finish :). To achieve it, they dont really need to be there, its enough if you are right next to it and claim it if something goes wrong in the front.

But with all jokes aside, they are far from it right now. Australia is a circuit that doesnt really show where are the cars actually. I, was for sure certain that in 2014 great things are coming since both cars scored podium finish and we all saw what happened after that. Haas, Renault and Mclaren are close together, with Haas curently leading the pack, but Mclaren did a tramendous leap forward, from dredfull 2017 season. Haters will still hate, and troll and bellitle them, but progress is aparent. And it is great to get such a decent start, even though luck intervened for it.

Step by step, day by day.
Indeed, but now theoretically the first 6 positions are far so they need very mixed races to achieve a podium. Anyway, as you have said the basis is decent and if the updates work well they can be there and just wait for their chances.

bauc

Bisonas wrote:

And when i am thinking i have read them all, a new article pops up and i am like :o :o :shock: :shock: , What the Hell Did I Just Read ??
Classic click bait
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

PhillipM
PhillipM

makecry wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 05:34

But that doesn't indicate that we have new side pods incoming that work only with the nose. Unless ofcourse you know something we dont!
I know they've very careful about showing upgrades (and they're generally not even made until the last minute so they can get more development time) and they don't load them until the last minute in case of prying eyes, so if they're ready and have had enough time to transport, and yet not going on the car this weekend, then something else is stopping them from using them.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Bisonas wrote:

Bullshit, I also don't believe McLaren still pays Alonso 40 million yearly. Zak and Fernando are homies and I can see them working together for years, which is the plan as far as I know. McLaren needs Alonso and nobody else wants him, sounds like a pretty good combination. 8)

f1universe
f1universe

nobody else wants him,
I doubt that.

diffuser

daren_p wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 21:24
Ground Effect wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 20:44
diffuser wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 19:45

Australia is a very different track to Bahrain. Haas could be behind McLaren even if they didn't introduce changes.
Yes, Bahrain is a different track, but it's more of a power track, with the straights. I think they'll still be strong there, Ferrari were strong last year... and it's last years Ferrari... :mrgreen:
From the sounds of it, they were running on the conservative side in Melbourne so here is hoping that they get these issues ironed out & can extract more from the p/u as well in the coming races.
Don't remember Alonzo passing Grosjean under braking into the hairpin after the first straight ? Then Grosjean, a few laps later, retiring cause of braking ?

adb
adb

RonDennis wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 16:19
nobody else wants him
I think Renault could be interested, and Alonso moving there would make sense if they are on par/in front of McLaren this year, especially as this scenario would mean Renault getting bigger budget.

diffuser

Honestly, I don't understand why we're talking about 2019 drivers when we're only 1 race into 2018.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

C'mon guys enjoy. After few years this season you can hope to be competitive no matter where you are in field.
Leave 2019 talks for later in season.

McHonda
McHonda

PhillipM wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 03:29
The composites/paint shop was loading to ship them a while ago, there's very little else fits that size package, bar an engine cover.
Was this seen before or after the first test? Just wondering if it could be an engine cover to deal with the rumoured overheating turbo and burns on the current engine cover.

If they were running detuned in Australia because of it and can get the engine cover to Bahrain then that could be very helpful in that heat.

PhillipM
PhillipM

They were ready before Aus, that's why I think it's probably sidepods rather than a cover.

McHonda
McHonda

PhillipM wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 20:13
They were ready before Aus, that's why I think it's probably sidepods rather than a cover.
Ok, Thanks. 👍

TAG

OMG, just realized, McLaren is 4th in the constructors! Glory days!
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

johnny vee

TAG wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 21:25
OMG, just realized, McLaren is 4th in the constructors! Glory days!
I concur...:)
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded