2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RonDennis
RonDennis

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

johnny vee wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 12:05
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/feat ... -know.html

So Mclaren is currently on 99 races without win, last win Brasil 2012. (Renault team also on 99 winless races)

After Bahrain we will have a better view of where Mclaren really stands compared to RBR.
I hope Macca can take on RBR, or atleast be there or thereabouts...
McLaren won't get anywhere close to Red Bull without a major sponsor or budget cap. It's delusional to think otherwise.
Last edited by RonDennis on 06 Apr 2018, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

godlameroso

They're nowhere so far. Considering pole will be in the 27s it's not looking good at the moment.
Saishū kōnā

McL-H
McL-H

godlameroso wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 14:59
They're nowhere so far. Considering pole will be in the 27s it's not looking good at the moment.
It’s Friday, dude.. have a little faith

godlameroso

I guess I'm still conditioned by the Honda era. Usually they qualify lower than their practice order. I forget they have a Renault now.
Saishū kōnā

Alonso Fan

RonDennis wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 14:58
johnny vee wrote:

So Mclaren is currently on 99 races without win, last win Brasil 2012. (Renault team also on 99 winless races)

After Bahrain we will have a better view of where Mclaren really stands compared to RBR.
McLaren won't get anywhere close to Red Bull without a major sponsor or budget cap. It's delusional to think otherwise.
Also times etc aren't representative because qualifying and the race will be at night. And fp1 times should be treated like testing times
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Alonso Fan wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 15:32
RonDennis wrote:
johnny vee wrote:

Also times etc aren't representative because qualifying and the race will be at night. And fp1 times should be treated like testing times
Looks like the did some aero tests, for the new parts. Also noticed they had some trouble in sector 3. It wasn't a case of just loosing time. Either they're both coincidentally making mistakes there, or the car isn't handling well there.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Alonso Fan wrote:
RonDennis wrote:
johnny vee wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that they don't stand a chance against Red Bull. People are just expecting too much from McLaren. If they end up 4th this year, they have done a good job.

Alonso Fan

RonDennis wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 15:43
Alonso Fan wrote:
RonDennis wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that they don't stand a chance against Red Bull. People are just expecting too much from McLaren. If they end up 4th this year, they have done a good job.
Of course I understand that. I'm rooting for a p7 in the race
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Nuvolari

Nothing to worry, the speed will come in the evening session. The track temps were about 20°C higher than what they will be in Qualifying and Race, and indeed for P2. Some cars will move forwards, while some others will go backwards.

Bisonas

I am getting the feeling that there is not much to expect, before the new nose arrives.
And if that new nose, accompanied with rest of aero update, delivers or not, will dictated at a great degree if Mclaren has any chance of coming close to RB this year.

KingHamilton01

Bisonas wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 18:35
I am getting the feeling that there is not much to expect, before the new nose arrives.
And if that new nose, accompanied with rest of aero update, delivers or not, will dictated at a great degree if Mclaren has any chance of coming close to RB this year.
Not even sure they are close enough to red Bull before they have even started with there updates, Red bull isn't going to be sitting still! willing to give them time and see how the package develops but development has to be relentless.
McLaren Mercedes

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Good job Lando!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

It was a low key session, nothing stand out to report. Does anyone have any info on the long runs?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Fernando was 0.5secs adrift of the Red Bulls, actually just realized that. Not reading too much into that, Red Bull most likely have a little more time in hand, hopefully Mclaren do as well.

radosav
radosav