2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
George-Jung
George-Jung

Re: 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

TAG wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:02
George-Jung wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 15:58
Why? In both situations you push the ‘other guy’ off track.

But perhaps ‘we all’ can agree to disagree.. it is not bringing the topic any further.
You wouldn't be here if it was anyone else on the grid and we can all agree on that. :mrgreen:
I do love Hamilton’s racing craft, and I admit that he is one of the best.. that’s why it makes it even more special when he does get passed.

IMHO it was a beautiful move by Verstappen, that Hamilton couldn’t ‘swallow’..
Last edited by George-Jung on 09 Apr 2018, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

TAG

ripper wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:06
I was surprised that HAM'S front wing was undamaged, he was quite lucky because he could have lost more points if he had to pit to change it
Verstappen's rear wheel hit Hamilton's front tire square on the rubber and the blow lifted his car, perhaps on the way down the way down got the flat, but when you're playing cards for guns it ain't not time to fold.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

TAG

George-Jung wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:14
TAG wrote:
George-Jung wrote:

But perhaps ‘we all’ can agree to disagree.. it is not bringing the topic any further.
You wouldn't be here if it was anyone else on the grid and we can all agree on that. :mrgreen:
I do love Hamilton’s racing craft, and I admit that he is one of the best.. that’s why it makes it even more special when he does get passed.
Who overtook him?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

George-Jung
George-Jung

TAG wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:15
George-Jung wrote:
TAG wrote:

Who overtook him?
For example; Alonso.

NathanOlder

George-Jung wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 15:45
Mandrake wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 15:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgT02D3L5p8

Remember ROS vs HAM Spa? Similar placement of 2 cars, here everyone said ROS needs to get out of it. Why not Hamilton this time?
Sorry what?

The person doing the overtaking is the man on the outside in that clip.
There is a world of difference between throwing one up the inside and pushing a driver off the track and sticking your car in an ever decreasing gap on the outside and causing contact because of it.

I think it has something to do with the fact at the point of contact with Nico and Lewis in 2014, Nico still had a car width to the outside to move in to (in other words, at that exact point, Lewis left Nico room. Contact was avoidable)

yesterday the point of contact, lewis had his outside front wheel ON the white line.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ripper
ripper

Yesterday VET overtook him, but the german was on fresh tyres vs end of stint tyres

George-Jung
George-Jung

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:18
George-Jung wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 15:45

Sorry what?

The person doing the overtaking is the man on the outside in that clip.
There is a world of difference between throwing one up the inside and pushing a driver off the track and sticking your car in an ever decreasing gap on the outside and causing contact because of it.

I think it has something to do with the fact at the point of contact with Nico and Lewis in 2014, Nico still had a car width to the outside to move in to (in other words, at that exact point, Lewis left Nico room. Contact was avoidable)

yesterday the point of contact, lewis had his outside front wheel ON the white line.
My bad, I thought it was about the race in Austin.

and Hamilton was also attacking from the inside..

Another one..

NathanOlder

That was a bad move yes, If there was contact Lewis would have definitely been to blame. And your point is ? This makes Max innocent ?

Lewis probably only did this to his team mate, as he knows there would be less chance of contact and Nico was always in trouble each time they made contact. SO Nico couldn't afford to touch and Lewis probably knew that and played him well

Edit. The second one, is Lap 1 turn 1 in the wet, so a lot more is excused (rightly or wrongly, its just the way it is and everyone knows this)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

George-Jung
George-Jung

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:30
That was a bad move yes, If there was contact Lewis would have definitely been to blame. And your point is ? This makes Max innocent ?

Lewis probably only did this to his team mate, as he knows there would be less chance of contact and Nico was always in trouble each time they made contact. SO Nico couldn't afford to touch and Lewis probably knew that and played him well
2014 there was no contact because Nico ran wide, off the track.. otherwise, there sure as hell would have been contact.

2015 they actually did make contact.

TAG

George-Jung wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:16
TAG wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:15
George-Jung wrote:

Who overtook him?
For example; Alonso.
Absolutely, I thought you meant a real overtake, you know, one that stuck. I think Hamilton would have rather make sure he got his brake bias right than fight with a guy he'd be able to easily cast aside in a bit, three at a time. Marcus Ericson was the overtake kind yesterday!

Don't get me wrong, Alonso is really a fantastic starter! Probably the best in the business. Unfortunately you can't win races at the start, and it's even harder to win championships when you have the perpetual cloud that seems to hover over every team that hires him. Hope to see him succeed at McLaren this time around.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

nevill3

In the post race interview Hamilton said he was backing out once he realised Verstapen had passed him but Verstappen squeezed him further. However Verstappen had Alonso on his inside at the apex so had to run wider to avoid a collision with him. A racing incident for sure with lessons to be learned by both drivers. Hamilton could have gone a little wider but didn't, Verstappen could have left a little more room.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

George-Jung wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:23
NathanOlder wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:18
George-Jung wrote:

My bad, I thought it was about the race in Austin.

https://youtu.be/bAc4s9oRT9Q

and Hamilton was also attacking from the inside..

Another one..

https://youtu.be/D7Cc7W1T2zQ
Hamilton at fault in both cases.

GPR-A duplicate2

If one observes there, Max came in hot and if he would have taken normal line, he would have screwed Alonso, so he moved to left and hit Lewis. Max's front right wheel isn't turning right at all!

TAG

ripper wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:21
Yesterday VET overtook him, but the german was on fresh tyres vs end of stint tyres
Why do people from the EU make it a habit of noting someone's nationality when describing them in writing? It's not a "thing" I've noted people from other parts of the globe, do. It's almost as if it's the de facto adjective.

I know, not a race topic question, but I'm genuinely curious to know if there's a consensus explanation behind it.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

TAG

GPR-A wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:45
If one observes there, Max came in hot and if he would have taken normal line, he would have screwed Alonso, so he moved to left and hit Lewis. Max's front right wheel isn't turning right at all!
It was a dive bomb, not sure why there's so much hubbub about it. Well, we know why, but still.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत