2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

langedweil wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 21:45
This way no one will understand this game much longer. Plz, quit that incomprehensible rulebook fetish ...
Why don't all those who want complete chaos watch demolition derbies instead of F1.... Rules are rules, follow them or deal with the consequences.
201 105 104 9 9 7

popovic94

dans79 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 21:57
Laserguru wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 21:12
But he did not push HAM off track... minor difference. There was contact though.
Watch the headlights video, Max drove Lewis so far out that he compromised his own entry to turn 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIm2cqy7-AI

This is very similar to what Nico did to Max in the 2016 German grand prix. Nico got a 5 second penalty for his efforts, but if he had knocked Max out of the race the penalty would have been much more severe.
Exactly what I was thinking.
"Whoever you are, no matter what social position you have, rich or poor, always show great strength and determination, and always do everything with much love and deep faith in God. One day you will reach your goal." Ayrton Senna

Mandrake
Mandrake

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:18
George-Jung wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 15:58
Restomaniac wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 15:45

Sorry what?

The person doing the overtaking is the man on the outside in that clip.
There is a world of difference between throwing one up the inside and pushing a driver off the track and sticking your car in an ever decreasing gap on the outside and causing contact because of it.
Why? In both situations you push the ‘other guy’ off track.

But perhaps ‘we all’ can agree to disagree.. it is not bringing the topic any further.
I think it has something to do with the fact at the point of contact with Nico and Lewis in 2014, Nico still had a car width to the outside to move in to (in other words, at that exact point, Lewis left Nico room. Contact was avoidable)

yesterday the point of contact, lewis had his outside front wheel ON the white line.
It looks to you like that, but the track is coming back in, so he was not able to go any further.

The discussion here has been that Max needed to leave space because Hamilton was able to get alongside. Rosberg did so as well, so he was entitled to the space. Both corners are actually very similar....why did Hamilton hold against Max? Because the next turn is a left turn and he wanted to re-gain the advantage. Same in Spa. So it does not matter where you come from as long as both cars have a partial overlap.

With you I am not directing you Nathan directly, but "all" those that claim it was 100% Max's fault.

Jolle
Jolle

Mandrake wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 22:08
NathanOlder wrote:
George-Jung wrote:

But perhaps ‘we all’ can agree to disagree.. it is not bringing the topic any further.
I think it has something to do with the fact at the point of contact with Nico and Lewis in 2014, Nico still had a car width to the outside to move in to (in other words, at that exact point, Lewis left Nico room. Contact was avoidable)

yesterday the point of contact, lewis had his outside front wheel ON the white line.
It looks to you like that, but the track is coming back in, so he was not able to go any further.

The discussion here has been that Max needed to leave space because Hamilton was able to get alongside. Rosberg did so as well, so he was entitled to the space. Both corners are actually very similar....why did Hamilton hold against Max? Because the next turn is a left turn and he wanted to re-gain the advantage. Same in Spa. So it does not matter where you come from as long as both cars have a partial overlap.

With you I am not directing you Nathan directly, but "all" those that claim it was 100% Max's fault.
For me it was a clear case of testing each other. Hamilton predicts a lot of battles with Max in the future. This is his way to say "I won't lift that easy, you have to do better next time"

I think we can expect a lot of good wheel to wheel battles the coming years!

henra
henra

TAG wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:52
It was a dive bomb, not sure why there's so much hubbub about it. Well, we know why, but still.
Yup. Or to be more blunt:
It was simply a classic 'Max'. Before Max it was in deed usually called 'dive bomb'. Anyway it's the same thing. He goes for the gap with no plan ( and no option) what to do if the other guy is still besides him behind the apex of the turn.
If he doesn't get rid of this he will never be Champion. For every place gained in a race there will be another race completely wasted. For every 3 Points gained there will be 15 or more lost. Guess why he ended up so far down in the Championship despite considered being faster than Daniel last Year.

NathanOlder

Mandrake wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 22:08
NathanOlder wrote:
George-Jung wrote:

Which incident are you talking about ? Bahrain 2018 or Spa 2014 ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

epo
epo

henra wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 23:22
TAG wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 16:52
It was a dive bomb, not sure why there's so much hubbub about it. Well, we know why, but still.
Yup. Or to be more blunt:
It was simply a classic 'Max'. Before Max it was in deed usually called 'dive bomb'. Anyway it's the same thing. He goes for the gap with no plan ( and no option) what to do if the other guy is still besides him behind the apex of the turn.
If he doesn't get rid of this he will never be Champion. For every place gained in a race there will be another race completely wasted. For every 3 Points gained there will be 15 or more lost. Guess why he ended up so far down in the Championship despite considered being faster than Daniel last Year.
Because of reliability, do your homework next time instead of hate posts.

Laserguru

popovic94 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 22:02
dans79 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 21:57
Laserguru wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 21:12
But he did not push HAM off track... minor difference. There was contact though.
Watch the headlights video, Max drove Lewis so far out that he compromised his own entry to turn 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIm2cqy7-AI

This is very similar to what Nico did to Max in the 2016 German grand prix. Nico got a 5 second penalty for his efforts, but if he had knocked Max out of the race the penalty would have been much more severe.
Exactly what I was thinking.
I see ALO on the inside which compromises VER’s corner entry. He nearly avoided ALO and just made the corner. Once he committed, not sure if there is any other better outcome possible. Would not want VES to drive into ALO (unlike Marquez driving into Rossi). HAM wanted to go around the outside which is not likely to happen given the speed they boh carry, considering ALO on the inside. As with such an overtake they both brake much later than ALO and rapidly aproach him, both compromising corner entry and exit wrt ALO. Hardly (n)ever see a regular overtake coinciding with a fast lap time for this reason. If you watch the black marks on the track VER is clearly not the first to take this line, only he does not lock up. As I wrote before, two bold drivers playing chicken. Both stretching it to the limit. Racing incident, one lucky, the other not. Young gun going for the hole, reigning champ does not want to give in. Now, without ALO that would be an interesting story. Might have given VER just that little more space to turn in earlier. Btw off track is considered having all 4 wheels over the white line isn’t it. Was HAM off track then?

What I find most interesting is what happened when both cars were beyond the corner clipping point at late corner exit. HAM claims he backed off and VER claims he left space. Both or neither happened or at least both insufficient. Either would have avoided the incident. Both drivers have to hold on to their own truth though, nothing new.

2016 german grand prix was a little different if I watch it back. There the intention was clearly to drive VER (VES then?) off track already at corner entry. Hence it was called that the execution was stupid as that anyone could see what ROS was up to. HAM was ‘praised’ by being able to do this less obviously (from what I recall, at least at the bar :lol: ).
Engineering thrives on communication. Jus soli defending WDC, love and merchandise McLaren, passion and inspiration Ferrari. Open wheel car racing and karting addict.

George-Jung
George-Jung

It is kind of pathetic, this Verstappen bashing by some of you guys.

I guess you ‘all’ feel threatened by the idea that Verstappen is actually of the same caliber as Hamilton- and perhaps even better, because I still haven’t seen him park his car in another, at the end of the pitlane.

I will leave you ‘all’ to it, enjoy.

NathanOlder

George-Jung wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 23:34

I guess you ‘all’ feel threatened by the idea that Verstappen is actually of the same caliber as Hamilton- and perhaps even better, because I still haven’t seen him park his car in another, at the end of the pitlane.

And I've not seen max win a title in a single seater , your point being ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

George-Jung
George-Jung

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 23:40
George-Jung wrote:

And I've not seen max win a title in a single seater , your point being ?
Here you go;

henra
henra

epo wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 23:28
Because of reliability, do your homework next time instead of hate posts.
I think you misunderstand me. I'm really not known as a blind Hamilton supporter (Ask the real Hamilton fans :mrgreen: ). I think Max has got great talent. But he risks wasting it if he doesn't get his enthusiasm more under control. You can gain 3 points with such a maneuver but you can easily lose 15 or more. That is what he needs to learn. His aggressiveness is good in 1 vs 1 battle but in the chaos of the first laps it will cause much more losses than gains. Lewis is great at managing these risks. He is also aggressive but he usually knows when a bit less is a bit more. This is where Max could surely learn a thing or two from Lewis.

dans79

George-Jung wrote:
It is kind of pathetic, this Verstappen bashing by some of you guys..
The same could be said about some of you defending him, or trivializing his transgresions.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

George-Jung wrote:

Rubbish. At least for my part.
Verstappen is an amazing talent who will no doubt end up a multiple WDC. However that doesn't mean that I can't call him out when he does stupid things. Remember his team mate last season calling him a 'sore loser'?

So far he has managed to pretty much wind up and pee off most of the top guys in F1. Not because of his talent but because of his poor attitude behind the wheel at times. The best of it is that when he speaks away from the car you can't help liking the kid.

George-Jung
George-Jung

dans79 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 23:45
George-Jung wrote:
It is kind of pathetic, this Verstappen bashing by some of you guys..
The same could be said about some of you defending him, or trivializing his transgresions.
Let’s agree that we should’t chew on sh!t- it is easier to just swallow it. :wink:
Last edited by George-Jung on 10 Apr 2018, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.