2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
redmaxver
redmaxver

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

It's sad how this thread has become a dumping ground for trolls lately...

Qualy is poor. Race pace is very good. Aim is both cars in the points, hopefully they can pull it off.

DarkSurferZA
DarkSurferZA

redmaxver wrote:It's sad how this thread has become a dumping ground for trolls lately...

Qualy is poor. Race pace is very good. Aim is both cars in the points, hopefully they can pull it off.
Race pace is not very good. If it were very good they would have the fourth fastest race car. I am sure they are fifth or sixth at the moment

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

bauc

Qualy is obvious problem for Mclaren, and hopefully problems will be solved by the start of the European season. However, I'm hoping for a repeat of the last 2 races and points tomorrow
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

redmaxver
redmaxver

DarkSurferZA wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 12:12
redmaxver wrote:It's sad how this thread has become a dumping ground for trolls lately...

Race pace is not very good. If it were very good they would have the fourth fastest race car. I am sure they are fifth or sixth at the moment

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
Alonso was stuck behind Hulk and Mag for the entirety of the race last week despite having a horrible day on Saturday. Vandoorne came from dead last through to 8th. For me, that's enough to say the race pace is very good compared to the others.

You can think otherwise though, love you.

BrunoH
BrunoH

hope the new big update on the car ( barcelona i think ) takes care of the drag issues, as they have a lot of it.
to be honest i thought they were going to make a compromise and take some wing of the car to help, but guess not...

diffuser

Think the draggyness is a symptom and not the problem.

The problem is they aren't generating enough df at the back (notice all the xtra little appendages at the back).

I suspect that because of the back, they're pulling df off the front for balance.

Hopefully the new nose will help the back.

diffuser

Think the draggyness is a symptom and not the problem.

The problem is they aren't generating enough df at the back (notice all the xtra little appendages at the back).

I suspect that because of the back, they're pulling df off the front for balance.

Hopefully the new nose will help the back.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

ALO_Power wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 15:23
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... r-1026189/

This sounds really discouraging...
Was just about to post that... It's a bit head scratching at the moment. Like I posted earlier, it doesn't seem they're entirely sure what the problem is. Will what's coming in the pipeline fix these issues? Who knows... But I certainly hope so, But if they don't work as hoped, an early switch to the 2019 may be the best thing.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

PinkFloydPulse

I presume 2018 as a competitve season can be scratched, best move on to concepts for 2019 and start with the best possible package then. Even if they do win the development race this year it will not be enough to reach desired goals. Yes, I know only two races have passed but other teams are not standing still and it is probably to big of a task to leapfrog others in pure pace... but maybe they surprise us, who knows... Hoping for the best!
Team Fernando!

FW17

Time they got rid of EB

3 race weekends is enough to see McLaren can do without his leadership. Even Monisha was better than him.

PinkFloydPulse

Has he had any success in F1 so far? Don't know where to find that info...
Team Fernando!

Sieper

Does anybody know how many millions Mclaren actually spent on F1, reason why I asked is that Ferrari (according to the rumours) spent an extra 200 million last year to make the jump back to the top and this year rumoured to be like 380 If I remember correct (read a state somewhere) which I believe was highest of all.

Not saying that money Means performance but it seems you really have to put in the money to be competetive in the current climate. Liberty really should rule against this, we need more competetive teams, not less

zac510
zac510

Exactly who would you replace him with?
I'm not a big fan of the football sack-the-manager-3-times-a-year style of running the team. In my opinion there are a lot of contributing factors to poor performance of a sports team, too many to simply put the blame on one man.

Redragon

Boullier is paid to get the punches, so it is doing well his job. I am pretty sure when things are going better the real bosses will come forward. Let's not forget for example Jonathan Neale that came from Mercedes and he was last year bashing Honda, even on Amazon documental you can see him addressing the factory when Honda didn't deliver. Where is he this days? Keeping low profile on the press.