2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

HPD wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 13:12
@Muramasa, do not be so negative always in your comments. Join the party 8)
just because he is Japanese and attend Suzuka and read Japanese articles doesn't mean he know more .. he know nothing just like all of us forumers.
para bellum.

techman
techman

shame we have another palmer and it is harlty. how long till they keep him till he get replaced? 3 more races

HPD

That was very dangerous!
Where is the team to tell Hartley that he has other cars behind him?

I do not care about the final position. I'm happy that Gasly is well ...

Singabule
Singabule

Thats idiot... Please replace hartley ASAP

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

HPD wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 15:29
That was very dangerous!
Where is the team to tell Hartley that he has other cars behind him?

I do not care about the final position. I'm happy that Gasly is well ...
I didn't see the incident, but I heard he sustained a puncture, did it play a part in the near miss?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Talisman
Talisman

Hartley clearly had difficulty steering, would have been nice to see how he picked up the puncture. Shame as I think we could have scraped into Q2 today otherwise but things could have been a LOT worse.

HPD

Ground Effect wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 15:37
I didn't see the incident, but I heard he sustained a puncture, did it play a part in the near miss?
I would not say a "simple accident", at that speed it could be a disgrace.
Yes, he suffered a puncture but was in the middle of the track

techman
techman

Hartley clearly had difficulty steering, would have been nice to see how he picked up the puncture. Shame as I think we could have scraped into Q2 today otherwise but things could have been a LOT worse.
gasly would have got in q2 , he said he was 7 tenth faster at the time he clashed with hartley. so yes q2 easy but they f it again. shame TR need to look at hartley or get pascal W

techman
techman

just because he is Japanese and attend Suzuka and read Japanese articles doesn't mean he know more .. he know nothing just like all of us forumers.
i agree. he just reads article and post stuff , nothing more.

bigblue

techman wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 15:58
i agree. he just reads article and post stuff , nothing more.
True, but he's never claimed otherwise, and is in fact very clear about where the info he posts comes from. Since most of us don't read Japanese it's very useful. I would say, he could be a _little_ bit more tolerant of some of the other posts, even if sometimes they are a bit daft. So, thanks Muramasa, and keep positive, Honda's on an upswing ! :-)

etusch

I start to suspect about hartley. 4th race 3 mistake and both toward to team mate.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

etusch wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 16:48
I start to suspect about hartley. 4th race 3 mistake and both toward to team mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEQFd8zEj1Q
Wow! Thank God!!! That was a potentially life threatening collision.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

HPD

"That happened really quickly and I should have been more aware to get out of the way so it's my fault," he said. "I clipped the wall, initially I didn't think I had a problem.

"I was still pushing then through the very fast left hander I realised I had some kind of big issue, I didn't know what it was so I slowed down immediately trying to understand, unaware that Pierre was really so close behind me and when I looked in my mirrors I tried to go the same way as him and I obviously owe him a big apology for getting in the way like that and almost causing a big accident. I am disappointed how that went down so not a good day."

Gasly:
"It was pretty scary," he said. "On the second run I was behind Brendon.

"The lap was coming nicely, I was seven-tenths faster than my fastest lap in the end and then I don't know what's happened to Brendon but he slowed down massively before Turn 15 and I came, it's a really fast corner, it's 320 km/h mainly and honestly I saw he was almost stopped so I tried to avoid him but I was sure I was going to crash.

"I could already see myself in the air but I don't know, I don't really know how I avoided it but it was a pretty scary moment."

The Toro Rosso drivers had been running in close proximity, a popular tactic in qualifying at Baku's tight street circuit in order to give the following car a tow down the long back straight. Gasly admits this ultimately did not help the situation.

"If he has a puncture it doesn't help him. Of course I am sure he didn't do it in purpose that's for sure.

"Just the thing is he was on the line, I don't know if he was going to go left or going to go right but I am sure it wasn't on purpose. Just need to have a bit more of a gap between both cars. Just a shame as we could have been in Q2 easily but in the end we will start really far tomorrow."

techman
techman

time to replace hartly. rookie, clueless and slow. Not f1 material. bring pascal W

bauc

techman wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 17:04
time to replace hartly. rookie, clueless and slow. Not f1 material. bring pascal W
Time to replace race engineers ? Communication is obviously not working between driver & pit, critical team mistake 2nd race in a row
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg