2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

No343NoLife wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 17:44
https://i.imgur.com/hjhzfuh.jpg

ouch :shock:
i don't know why but i expected Hartley to hit the wall before qualy begins .. his reactions seems to be slower than
many of the drivers not just for the wall but even his direction while Gasly was flying behind him , his locks, his blocks to his team mate in previous races, China crash.. its as if F1 is faster than his thinking.
para bellum.

Noetiepoerker26

techman wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 18:29
but be neutral rather than negative about it.
Perhaps you could start enveloping some more neutrality into your own comments, too. First, you were bashing Mclaren all the time, and now your new scapegoat is Hartley. I understand that you're a Honda/Toro Rosso fan, but please... :wink:
I visit this forum to gather information and read facts (or at least well argumented opinions/insights) about the ins and outs of F1, that's why I like Muramasa's posts: they give us insight from a different perspective (read: Japanese sources)
Two stroke: a little more than half the power, twice as often.

hasika
hasika

Gasly was able to do a better time than Alonso.
Toro Rosso changed the car set up on Saturday.It didnt solve all problems,but the drivers said they had a better feeling with the car than Friday.
Gasly said he already 0.6s faster than his first run until that big accident.

!Technical
!Technical

muramasa, keep doing what you are doing. I appreciate your posts and philosophical thinking about the RBR situation.

!Technical
!Technical

hasika wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 04:53
Toro Rosso changed the car set up on Saturday.It didnt solve all problems,but the drivers said they had a better feeling with the car than Friday.
We were robbed as fans since we couldn't see what kind of third sector Gasly could produce. That would of been a juicy comparison to other mid field teams.

sn809
sn809

Get it together guys. Drivers and Forum members. No need for slinging match.

Its raceday. I am hoping for maxverstappen taking out a few (no physical harm) and Hartley as well as Gasly in points. What you guys don't realise is the tow is very significant here. Getting a puncture on scraping a wall happens. He just didnt know what had happened why the car was so strange and obviously could not steer the car- Right front puncture on a left turn. Discussed in detail by SKY.
If anythign the race engineer should be on the mic saying pressure being lost in front right etc etc.

Hartly was going to Tow Gasly which is very good of him.

McMika98
McMika98

sn809 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 06:44
Its raceday. I am hoping for maxverstappen taking out a few (no physical harm) and Hartley as well as Gasly in points. What you guys don't realise is the tow is very significant here. Getting a puncture on scraping a wall happens. He just didnt know what had happened why the car was so strange and obviously could not steer the car- Right front puncture on a left turn. Discussed in detail by SKY.
Hartly was going to Tow Gasly which is very good of him.
It definitely looked like he was going to give him a tow had he not crashed. He made it back eventually so it wasnt like he was driving on rims or three wheels, he should have stuck onto the non racing line immediately after the issue. Guess he will learn from it.
The car did improve but the race pace was meh. Being so far back i expect them to split strategy: Gasly on US/SS and Hartley on Soft at start.
The Pirelli tyres as alluded by Toto appears to have a very narrow window for the sweet spot even though the operating temperature has a range over 50 degrees. Its also affected hy combination of natural grip from car and track. The car appears to find it harder to switch the tyres on and prefers track with high grip rather than green tracks. Expect the winds to create a havoc today, 50 miles an hour (80 kph) and maybe higher gust. So few incidents is on the cards.

amho

hasika wrote:
Although Gasly said that he gained 0.6s but best sector times does not support his claim unfortunately.
There is no Might or Power except with Allah.

etusch

All those past and race pace important now. Anyone know his race sim ?

techman
techman

i saw in one of their quotes , hartley said he was on a hot lap when he clipped the wall, so both were in the flying laps. its unfortuante but its what it is.

McMika98
McMika98

amho wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 08:39
hasika wrote:

Although Gasly said that he gained 0.6s but best sector times does not support his claim unfortunately.
He was up on his first sector by that amount and did not have a representative sector 2 and 3 times due to the incident, so obviously it does not show. Again track evolution contributes hugely to time gain. Could have been near P10. Regardless the race will be tough from the back.

search

etusch wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 09:03
on Friday it was terrible. Slowest team by quite a margin

etusch

search wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 10:24
etusch wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 09:03
on Friday it was terrible. Slowest team by quite a margin
That is bad news

search

they seem to have made some improvements on Saturday though. But Gasly said that the poor performance in China was down to the wind, so with even more of that today it could be a tough day I guess

loner

hmmmm how come Gasly lost 7 positions in 2 laps ?!! from 7 to 14 oh well he is out i think or in the pit now
para bellum.