2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

In fact it is good for us to see competition in that level. what will happen when everyone knows what to do. So we can count this that it shows team's order of performance. True reading of testing for analists and opportunity to see development from that time to race weekend.
I also wonder that will Honda test updated engine or testing with the current spec. I would like to see an updated engine at least one Day or half of one day

!Technical
!Technical

etusch wrote:
07 May 2018, 12:02
In fact it is good for us to see competition in that level. what will happen when everyone knows what to do. So we can count this that it shows team's order of performance. True reading of testing for analists and opportunity to see development from that time to race weekend.
I also wonder that will Honda test updated engine or testing with the current spec. I would like to see an updated engine at least one Day or half of one day
Sadly it could reveal that they are plum last in the order. Let's hope that's not the case.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

Tr might struggle here, i believe their development might come bit slow. due to less resources. i hope iam wrong

Zynerji

techman wrote:
08 May 2018, 15:27
Tr might struggle here, i believe their development might come bit slow. due to less resources. i hope iam wrong
With the lag inherent in updates due to lead time, even if Honda dumped a huge sum into the team after Bahrain, it wouldn't be until Canada for these updates to be put oon the car.

diffuser

Zynerji wrote:
08 May 2018, 15:43
techman wrote:
08 May 2018, 15:27
With the lag inherent in updates due to lead time, even if Honda dumped a huge sum into the team after Bahrain, it wouldn't be until Canada for these updates to be put oon the car.
Lots of ifs here but in reality they'd only get help by Canada if Money was a holdup on something in the R&D cycle. If you talking about Money on how to stimulate R&D then you'd only see the effects next year.

carisi2k

Well they should have at least an extra 30 million euros available by not having to pay Renault for engines. Toro Rosso isn't as poor as you think they are as they don't pay for the drivers who are on Red Bulls books. They have access to the Red Bull technology centre for simulation, dyno and rig testing. Toro Rosso's poor end of 2017 performance was all about losing carlos sainz and Renault giving them spare bits for an engine. Sure they aren't the main team but they are by no means in the same situation as Sauber, Force India and Williams currently are.

carisi2k

I would say Honda isn't the reason at all for the form slump. I think it is driver and chassis causing the main form issues.

McMika98
McMika98

Expect a better showing this week. At least not as bad as Baku. They must take some advise on setup from RedBull, the last two races they have gone horribly in the wrong direction. The race engineers i think are rookies if not, with little experience and so learning on the job. Its no suprise that we had few incidents and have gone backwards from practice sesssions to quali and race.

Singabule
Singabule

McMika98 wrote:
09 May 2018, 07:11
Expect a better showing this week. At least not as bad as Baku. They must take some advise on setup from RedBull, the last two races they have gone horribly in the wrong direction. The race engineers i think are rookies if not, with little experience and so learning on the job. Its no suprise that we had few incidents and have gone backwards from practice sesssions to quali and race.
The effect booth leaving TR.

makecry
makecry

carisi2k wrote:
09 May 2018, 01:44
Well they should have at least an extra 30 million euros available by not having to pay Renault for engines. Toro Rosso isn't as poor as you think they are as they don't pay for the drivers who are on Red Bulls books. They have access to the Red Bull technology centre for simulation, dyno and rig testing. Toro Rosso's poor end of 2017 performance was all about losing carlos sainz and Renault giving them spare bits for an engine. Sure they aren't the main team but they are by no means in the same situation as Sauber, Force India and Williams currently are.

PU doesn't cost 30mil EUROS.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Singabule wrote:
09 May 2018, 07:15
The effect booth leaving TR.
Could be, some of the garage guys left with him.

Marti_EF3

It will be a strange Spanish GP. Temps are on the average 20°C here right now , and it seems it may rain saturday and even at sunday. So... We will see...

HPD

“This weekend we return to the circuit where we spent eight days of pre-season testing,” Tanabe said. “Back then, track conditions were not ideal, with very low temperatures, rain and even snow at one point.

“This time we can expect much warmer weather, more suitable to running a Formula 1 car. Therefore we will base our PU setup on adjusted data from the test as well as that from the first four races.

“The 16 corners are an interesting mix of fast and slow turns. There are some reasonably long straight sections in between and in Baku, we suffered on the long straight because a weak point was our energy management strategy and we plan to implement the lessons learned from that this weekend.

“Overtaking is very difficult here, therefore ensuring our PU can deliver maximum performance over a single lap will also be an important topic for us in Spain.”
http://racer.com/2018/05/09/lessons-lea ... for-honda/

carisi2k

makecry wrote:
09 May 2018, 07:49
carisi2k wrote:
09 May 2018, 01:44

PU doesn't cost 30mil EUROS.
One PU is not but in Renault's case it has been about 10 PU's a year for the last 3 years plus some spare parts that have cost this much. Every time I keep hearing about PU costs on TV that is the number being talked about for teams.