2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10
LM10

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 12:42
That picture speaks volumes to me. Golden boy in the middle. Mr let down stuck out on the side.
Well, I watched the video and Vettel and Leclerc just appeared to be on those sides of the podium from the beginning. :)

Mr.G

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 12:42
That picture speaks volumes to me. Golden boy in the middle. Mr let down stuck out on the side.
Just watch the event, you will get different idea...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

falonso81

The shade of red looks absolutely hideous. The livery also not good. It better be faster than the Mercs.

dans79

I don't think this is going to go over well with Leclerc.
"I think it's normal, especially early in the season, that if there are particular situations our priority will be Sebastian," said Binotto at the launch of Ferrari's new SF90.

"He is the guide with which we aim for the championship.

"But there's no prejudice - the absolute priority is for Ferrari to win."
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14153 ... -necessary
201 105 104 9 9 7

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

I'm a big Ferrari fan and have just seen the photos and read a few articles.

My immediate reactions are that the new livery is terrible, and I hate the light, faded, matte paintwork. Very trendy at the moment but it doesn't look good.

Second: this is an extremely evolutionary design carrying on from last year and no single area jumps out at me as being particularly innovative or bold in in concept.

I hope there is enough going on with this design to take the fight to Red Bull and Mercedes; I think the Red Bull is going to be a very good car this year.

Phil

It’s funny, i read somewhere also that some believe that Binotto may be to Vettels advantage. But still, if Leclerc proves quicker, Ferrari would be fools to play politics.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

adrianjordan

That livery might look great if it was gloss....but in matte it just looks like a CGI render....and not a very good one...

Maybe it will look better on track...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Tzk
Tzk

dans79 wrote:I don't think this is going to go over well with Leclerc.

As leclerc is just entering his second f1 season and his first with ferrari, this was somewhat expected...

dans79

It's still not something any driver wants to hear. Imo, Ferrari has basically just publicly stated that he is #2 no matter what.

Tzk wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 01:15
dans79 wrote:I don't think this is going to go over well with Leclerc.

As leclerc is just entering his second f1 season and his first with ferrari, this was somewhat expected...
201 105 104 9 9 7

GPR-A

Phil wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 22:37
It’s funny, i read somewhere also that some believe that Binotto may be to Vettels advantage. But still, if Leclerc proves quicker, Ferrari would be fools to play politics.
I have a feeling that, when there was power struggle between Binotto and Arrivabene, Vettel probably stood with Binotto as there were some strong statements made by Arrivabene about Vettel to focus on his driving and not go beyond that in managing the team. Leclerc was most likely, Arrivabene's signing as was guided by Marchionne. So no wonder, Binnotto would prioritize Vettel over Leclerc.

Why Ferrari rolled the dice and removed Arrivabene - F1.com
Their relationship was also not ideal, particularly after Arrivabene said Vettel should focus on his driving rather than goings on behind the scenes and adding that Vettel had to earn his place at the team. Driving a wedge between yourself and the star driver doesn’t seem like good management. And it doesn’t tend to have positive consequences – just ask former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho (who fell out with star player Paul Pogba).
There is also going to be a natural situation where, while Leclerc would be finding his feet with a new team, new car and a completely new atmosphere, Vettel might surge ahead in the season due to his experience, understanding of the team and hopefully from his learnings of last year which would keep him calmer. I don't have any doubts that Vettel would be hands down faster over Leclerc through the season, except for a odd few occasions.
Last edited by GPR-A on 16 Feb 2019, 05:32, edited 1 time in total.

Webber2011
Webber2011

Vettel's proven time and time again he cracks under pressure though.

IF, and that's a big if, LeClerc gets a few good results early I can see Seb not coping too well

dfegan358
dfegan358

I am big fan of Leclerc. He is the future no doubt. Although I don’t think he will be faster than Vettel this year.

Think Vettel will lift his game this year. He has to do it. Definitely has to handle pressure better and show more intelligent race craft.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Is this last year of Vettel contract?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

MtthsMlw

GoranF1 wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 13:42
Is this last year of Vettel contract?
No, it goes until the end of 2020.

Chuckjr

Just a theory here…but remember in the hey-day of RedBull and Vettel --especially in quail mode? The rear of the car was anchored to the tarmac. Lewis would comment on it constantly. I am wondering if Ferrari are making a big, big push this year for Vettel in this car to absolutely plant the rear end and give him car confidence similar to what he had back in the RedBull days? Just a theory for why the shift to shrink the top of the car, and open a larger path to the rear wing for better overall rear end stability.
Watching F1 since 1986.