F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Krischnen
Krischnen

Re: F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

bosyber wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:13
No, it's Rosanna Tennant
No, in the aftershow it was Rachel Brookes, Karun and Crofty.

Rosanna works for F1TV, not Sky.

NathanOlder

Krischnen wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:44
bosyber wrote:
No, it's Rosanna Tennant

Thankyou, I was sure I wasn't imagining things lol :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Phil

Don't know if this was posted earlier already, but if it has, apologies; anyway, Autosports take on the first testing day and Ferrari's form.

I think it's intriguing, especially given the differences in aero philosophies that Ferrari (and more so Sauber/Alfa) has gone in a very different direction than Mercedes and somewhat RedBull has. The big question here is, if Mercedes have got it wrong and missed a beat or not. If they have (or Ferrari have), it won't be as easy to change.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Henne

Williams part still haven't left Grove apparently. Rumor has it that there are issues with Brakes, suspension and floor.

TankMarvin
TankMarvin

Krischnen wrote:
bosyber wrote:
No, it's Rosanna Tennant

Rosanna was working as Sky's pitlane reporter yesterday afternoon.

Wynters
Wynters

Phil wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:54
I think it's intriguing, especially given the differences in aero philosophies that Ferrari (and more so Sauber/Alfa) has gone in a very different direction than Mercedes and somewhat RedBull has. The big question here is, if Mercedes have got it wrong and missed a beat or not. If they have (or Ferrari have), it won't be as easy to change.
Anderson seems to be pretty certain that the times Mercedes were posting yesterday are a very accurate representation of the best the drivers could get out of it.

"The car is where the car is and the driver's can't make up for much."

I assume he's trolling. They may well not have the fastest car, but I suspect it's unlikely that Bottas and Hamilton were ringing the neck of the car on Day 1.

Jambier

Wynters wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 15:17
Phil wrote:
Anderson seems to be pretty certain that the times Mercedes were posting yesterday are a very accurate representation of the best the drivers could get out of it.

I assume he's trolling. They may well not have the fastest car, but I suspect it's unlikely that Bottas and Hamilton were ringing the neck of the car on Day 1.
Maybe they were... with 100L in the fuel tank and hard tires :D

NathanOlder

TankMarvin wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 15:03
Krischnen wrote:
bosyber wrote:
No, it's Rosanna Tennant

Rosanna was working as Sky's pitlane reporter yesterday afternoon.
Yeah, but the SkyF1 show was done in the paddock later in the day with the Sky presenters.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

This tomato red on Ferrari is not my favorite.

Vasconia

Wynters wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 15:17
Phil wrote:

There is now way he can be serious. Its pretty obvious that Mercedes is hiding is true pace like they did last year.

F1Krof

Phil wrote:
Don't know if this was posted earlier already, but if it has, apologies; anyway, Autosports take on the first testing day and Ferrari's form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI3yczOQ4hs

I suppose at this point it might even be giving similar performance. But I believe that Ferrari's route has more room for improvement.
Wroom wroom

GPR-A

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:46
Krischnen wrote:
bosyber wrote:
No, it's Rosanna Tennant

Thankyou, I was sure I wasn't imagining things lol :lol:
While Rosanna works for F1 TV, she was plugged in for a while in between for Sky Coverage. But it was Rachel who was doing all the hosting, driver interviews and the post testing show.

NathanOlder

Bottas currently do a race sim by the look of it. Posted a 1.19.9 with a heavy car not sure what lap he posted that time, but he's up to lap 20 now and still going.....
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sierra117

Man I'm loving these LMP-style fog/harvesting lights :D looks awesome.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

GoranF1
GoranF1

Ferrari's long run not that impressive
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."