F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Xero

Re: F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Sierra117 wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 18:40
The commentary on-air has been like they're all on crack.
With the huge amount of laps done they're probably delirious off the exhaust fumes. :wtf:

dren

Jozsusz wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 18:05
dans79 wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 18:04
I don't know if/what Hamilton said over the radio, but I would have had a few choice words to share.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1 ... CO8SMS.mp4
I still think Kubica's return was a mistake.
I don't. Hamilton's team should have told him Kubica was slow ahead unless he just all of a sudden slowed. Likewise, Williams should have let Kubica know where Hamilton was.
Honda!

motobaleno

among the most significant things today I will put the Ferrari 12 laps stints this morning on C2 in the 1.18s
and this recent stint by bottas that is rather impressive
https://twitter.com/f1debrief/status/10 ... 6458839041

the most constant I've seen so far.

GPR-A

- So the highly anticipated first winter test is over and the biggest outcome is, Mercedes is out of championship fight.
- Some highly rated experts on these forums have opined that, Mercedes should focus on next year as this year is over for them.
- Ferrari is the best car on the grid, as observed by all and sundry.
- The almighty Christian Horner knows for sure that, Ferrari is half a second (or may be more) ahead of Mercedes.
- His highness Helmut Marko thinks that, they are ahead of Mercedes and the gap to Ferrari is much less.
- Toto Wolff is going straight to Stuggart to submit his resignation and has already received the resignation from James Allison.

Finally, a much needed change for the F1 world. Ferrari is going to dominate the season with Red Bull challenging them. But I would like to go with Gary' thesis of estimating the performance and would like to see Toro Rosso and Renault fight for championship.
Last edited by GPR-A on 21 Feb 2019, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

F1T
Administrative bot

Hulkenberg sets fastest lap as first test comes to an end

Hulkenberg sets fastest lap as first test comes to an end

Nico Hulkenberg posted the fastest time of the entire week of testing, 2 hours before the end. The Renault driver improved Albon's earlier time by nearly 3 tenths, removing some of the doubts that surround the R.S.19.

Sierra117

GPR -A wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 19:12
- So the highly anticipated first winter test is over and the biggest outcome is, Mercedes is out of championship fight.
- Some highly rated experts on these forums have opined that, Mercedes should focus on next year as this year is over for them.
- The almighty Christian Horner knows for sure that, Ferrari is half a second (or may be more) ahead of Mercedes.
- His highness Helmut Marko thinks that, they are ahead of Mercedes and the gap to Ferrari is much less.
- Toto Wolff is going straight to Stuggart to submit his resignation and has already received the resignation from James Allison.

Finally, a much needed change for the F1 world. Ferrari is going to dominate the season with Red Bull challenging them. But I would like to go with Gary' thesis of estimating the performance and would like to see Toro Rosso and Renault fight for championship.
Best summary evar! =D>
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Phil

By engine:

Ferrari: 1489
Honda: 957
Mercedes: 946
Renault: 878

Funny; Honda engines had more track time than Mercedes or Renault!
Last edited by Phil on 21 Feb 2019, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Jozsusz
Jozsusz

GPR -A wrote:

The most mind blowing thing for me today was that even Mark Hughes was estimating the difference between the teams based on their best lap times and converting them to C3 tires.... :D
Incredible

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Capharol
Capharol

Sierra117 wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 19:17
GPR -A wrote:

Best summary evar! =D>
the biggest BS summary 8)

Mr.G

So for now:

Ferrari - 1489
Mercedes - 946
Honda - 967
Renault - 878
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Bill
Bill

The Honda in the torro rosso covered more race laps than any other team I don't get why people are still stuck in past with their predujuse torward Honda it's getting tedious

DiogoBrand

GPR -A wrote:

I'm guessing Lewis will also retire before the end of the season and make room for Mercedes to hire Max Verstappen.

Edit: Oh, you forgot to mention that Red Bull will have to switch cars with Toro Rosso. STR are clearly faster.