F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
baybars
baybars

Re: F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

NathanOlder wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 11:35
Do we know why the Renault stopped yesterday
because of left suspension

Mansell89
Mansell89

GPR -A wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 11:41
All you Mercedes and Red bull fans, kiss good bye to 2019 and look forward to 2020. Renault is the contender for the championship along with Ferrari.

https://i.imgur.com/sKyu1kF_d.jpg?maxwi ... ity=medium
I can’t agree with Anderson I’m afraid. It would be wonderful if Renault had made that sort of progress but at this early stage it looks to me like the same 3 teams are at the front but that gaps behind may have closed a little.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Mansell89 wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 19:23
GPR -A wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 11:41
All you Mercedes and Red bull fans, kiss good bye to 2019 and look forward to 2020. Renault is the contender for the championship along with Ferrari.

https://i.imgur.com/sKyu1kF_d.jpg?maxwi ... ity=medium
I can’t agree with Anderson I’m afraid. It would be wonderful if Renault had made that sort of progress but at this early stage it looks to me like the same 3 teams are at the front but that gaps behind may have closed a little.
No need to sound apologetic, nobody agrees with Gary Anderson.... I doubt Gary Anderson agrees with Gary Anderson.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

zibby43
zibby43

FrukostScones wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 15:39
Motorsport.it
Mercedes just testing things...
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 4342684%2F
This was a pretty interesting read.

bucker
bucker

Karun Chandok will replace Ted on "tech" side on Sky.

the EDGE
the EDGE

bucker wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 21:19
Karun Chandok will replace Ted on "tech" side on Sky.
Thank God for JB, otherwise Sky's line-up is as poor as it could be. Did anyone else pay money to watch coverage of testing? My ears have never hurt so much... and it wasn't caused by loud engine noises :lol:

Capharol
Capharol

be glad you guys have Sky F1 in England, you don't wanna hear or see it here in Germany.

yes i liked Ted, he was casual and funny, but Sky F1 will have his reason on why the kicked Ted.
Karun i saw a few times on C4F1
but as i said it aint that bad at all, try to watch it on German Sky or RTL …. i bet you guys switch within 10 minutes back to Sky F1

ME4ME

Well I won't miss Ted for a second. The last few years I started to dislike the guy more and more.

The problem is he pretends to have technical insight, yet he has not. He cannot even differentiate between different units. When he tries to simplify complex technical dilemmas he somehow dumbs it down without making it easier to understand. Unlike an engineer who would be precise, to the point and technically correct in their explanation, Ted messes it up.

Even Crofty, the screaming hype-creating mechanism that he is, does not pretend to understand something that he does not, and will openly admit the opposite.

Brundle and Chandok I can respect. I've found Brundle to increasingly talk rubbish over the years (to me he seems to age fast) yet still has interesting perspectives from time to time. Jenson Button? I honestly don't know. People get excited about him but to me he is yet another British ex F1 driver who return to live on past success.

McMika98
McMika98

At least the likes of Brundle, Button and Chandok have driven in F1 and knows how it feels and operates. Ted had no insight on cars and his ramblings were good cure for insomnia. Likeable guy and evidently has a good following. However he was replaceable like many commentator and journalist finding that thier job is under threat by ex sportsmen they covered.

Juzh

ME4ME wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 23:33
I've found Brundle to increasingly talk rubbish over the years (to me he seems to age fast) yet still has interesting perspectives from time to time. Jenson Button? I honestly don't know. People get excited about him but to me he is yet another British ex F1 driver who return to live on past success.
Agree with everyting, especially the brundle part. Age is hitting him hard lately. He's talking nonsense more and more and often times outright forgets some technical or sporting rules which are not obvious to the average joe, but should be clear as day to him and anyone more invested in F1. His obvious british bias is also getting the better of him but i'm willing to cut him some slack there. In a few years he'll be a complete relic.
In regards to JB, i'm not getting any hopes up, but let's see how it goes. I'm giving it 50/50 chances at best.

Juzh

McMika98 wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 23:40
At least the likes of Brundle, Button and Chandok have driven in F1 and knows how it feels and operates.
Brundle hasn't driven an f1 car in competitive environment in 23 years. His experince has long since ran it's course of being relevant. We'll see what JB has to offer being the only driver with hybrid cars experience. As for chandok, he's imo just another totally neutral generic pundit.

maximusfuadius
maximusfuadius

Will be looking for a better option, not sure I'll find it, but I'll see where @antdavidson ends up! He's solid ! Knows what he's talking about

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

NathanOlder

Yeah I agree. I do like Ant. As for Brundle, a lot of people I know say he doesn't get behind and appreciate Hamilton enough as a fellow Brit. Then I hear others say the opposite. To me that just says he does a good job of being on the fence or neutral.

Crofy is needed, as you need someone to just be able to talk and talk, like Murray used to. And as I said before, Crofty is a huge step up from James Allen or Jonathan Legard.

The Skyteam in general are a good bunch

Crofty Brundle Herbert Hill Davidson DiResta Kravitz Lazenby Pinkham and Brookes.

It looks like Chandhok has replaced Kravitz and Button is in , so maybe we wont see Hill/Davidson/DiResta as much.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

maximusfuadius
maximusfuadius

NathanOlder wrote:Yeah I agree. I do like Ant. As for Brundle, a lot of people I know say he doesn't get behind and appreciate Hamilton enough as a fellow Brit. Then I hear others say the opposite. To me that just says he does a good job of being on the fence or neutral.

Crofy is needed, as you need someone to just be able to talk and talk, like Murray used to. And as I said before, Crofty is a huge step up from James Allen or Jonathan Legard.

The Skyteam in general are a good bunch

Crofty Brundle Herbert Hill Davidson DiResta Kravitz Lazenby Pinkham and Brookes.

It looks like Chandhok has replaced Kravitz and Button is in , so maybe we wont see Hill/Davidson/DiResta as much.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk